What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

Oh yes!

This is one of those daft packages which comes with BD, DVD and digital copy included. Why?

It's like buying a shiny new sports car only to find out, when you pick it up, that the dealer has thrown in a beige Skoda estate as well. And a moped.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Looks like one hell of an Apocalypse edition, Tatty. What's in it?
It's got the original film, Redux and Hearts of Darkness plus 'over 9 hours of bonus features' with new interviews with FFC, John Milius and Sheen. It's also got Big Orson reading the 1938 Heart of Darkness radio recording and lots of other stuff.

The fancy tangible stuff is a copy of the original theatrical program, postcards (which I'll never open if the Life of Brian special edition is anything to go by) and a glossy 'making of' booklet.

I'm impressed (it was £3 cheaper than True Grit as well ), especially as it's an Optimum release and most of their BDs have bugger all extras.

I had a quick squirt at the Redux print and it's looking fantastic.

This is probably as happy as I'll be until September when the Once upon a Time In The West Blu Ray gets released over here.

It's got the original film, Redux and Hearts of Darkness plus 'over 9 hours of bonus features' with new interviews with FFC, John Milius and Sheen. It's also got Big Orson reading the 1938 Heart of Darkness radio recording and lots of other stuff.

The fancy tangible stuff is a copy of the original theatrical program, postcards (which I'll never open if the Life of Brian special edition is anything to go by) and a glossy 'making of' booklet.

I'm impressed (it was £3 cheaper than True Grit as well ), especially as it's an Optimum release and most of their BDs have bugger all extras.

I had a quick squirt at the Redux print and it's looking fantastic.

This is probably as happy as I'll be until September when the Once upon a Time In The West Blu Ray gets released over here.
I held this for about 5 minutes today, toying whether or not shelling £25 was a worthwhile investment. It's darn tasty though.

Insignificance CRITERION COLLECTION

"Breaking Bad" SEASON THREE
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I got it in Asda for £15. Check it out there if you've got one locally - For that price you'd be daft not to buy it.
On it like sonic

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I read on a bargains forum that Aldi were selling a bunch of DVDs for £2.99 so nipped up the road and had a look today. Thought I would perhaps get just a couple but went slightly overboard and got 5! What can I say, I'm hopeless!

The Hustler
Platoon
Patton
King of Comedy
Last King of Scotland

I got it in Asda for £15. Check it out there if you've got one locally - For that price you'd be daft not to buy it.

It's either gone up since or different Asda supermarkets sell it for different prices. It was £18.99 in the Asda near me today.

onblu ray
Despicable Me
hancock
Ghosrider
superman returns
spider-man 1
spider-man 2

on dvd:
Green Lantern -Emerald Knights
ORIGINAL karte kid trigoly
pleant of the apes remake
be kind and rewind
spawn
in blink of eye christian moive
extream days christian moive
left behind chrisitan moive

tvshow on dvd:
13 ghots of scooby doo the compelte series

Don't like the box thing Social Network comes in, but at least it's better than There Will Be Blood.

Thin Red Line was a blind buy that didn't pay off for me.

Bought a crapper full-screen version of Shining, ouch. Apparently Kubrick wanted the DVD in fullscreen for some reason. What a creepy guy.

^ I adore the box The Social Network comes in on blu-ray. It might be different over in America, but the packaging here in Britain is rather nice.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Bought a crapper full-screen version of Shining, ouch. Apparently Kubrick wanted the DVD in fullscreen for some reason. What a creepy guy.
The Shining was not shot in a widescreen format. Kubrick shot a lot in the 1.37 : 1 format. Other films which weren't widescreen include Full Metal Jacket, A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, Lolita and The Killing.