100 Best Rock & Roll Movies

Tools    

Usually Blender lists suck, well ok this one isn't that great either, but they DID put Spinal Tap at #1 so kudos for that. South Park in the top 10, though? not so much: http://www.blender.com/guide/articl...954&src=dx6:MKd

Ok, if they can include all the rap crap and obviously not-rock movies, then I can include classics like;

Heavy Metal
Pink Floyd, The Wall
A Knight's Tale (hey, there was rock & roll in it at least)
Rock Star
Ford Fairlane, Rock & Roll detective
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Top Secret
Josie & the Pussycats (ok, now I'm just being silly)

I will agree with the #1 movie though. This is Spinal Tap was a work of genius!

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Ok... that list was beyond pathetic. Other than getting Spinal Tap in the top 5 (I'd have to think about it some more before calling it the number 1), there were plenty of entries that made little to no sense, while others that they did put on there, were put far to low on this list.

Two other entries they not only missed, but probably should have been pretty high on the list are both from The Who -
Tommy and Quadrophenia

Gimme a break.
I love The Limey (see my avatar) and O Brother Where Art Thou?, but neither of them should be on this list. Besides the movies listed above, they also left out a couple of small but unique flicks:

Liquid Sky and
Breaking Glass.

But seriously, I can't believe they didn't include The Wall, Tommy, or Quadrophenia

What 'genius' made this list…. Saturday Night Fever is ranked higher than The Last Waltz

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, it is Blender. I wouldn't get too worked up about the list. They were obviously trying to cover some classics, pump up a few "lesser-known" films, and throw some bones to pop culture. I wouldn't expect them to cover many films from the '50s or '60s, especially things like the movies which are just a series of musical performances (The TAMI Show, Don't Knock the Rock, etc.). They could have mentioned The Girl Can't Help It, but maybe they did, and I missed it. I never expect anything good from Blender.

Sorry for the earlier flub.

I've only seen very few movies on rock n' roll. I enjoyed 'Almost Famous' a lot. The doors was interesting too, but I like their music more.