22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

Ya, also have my nom picked out, which will be the 4th consecutive win for me
I hate to tell ya this, but you've never won. The movie with the highest points is inducted into the MoFo Hall of Fame, that's all. You've made several past comments about winning, I sure hope you're not only joining these to 'win'. I have noticed you don't put much effort into these and wait until the last couple weeks to watch the noms.

I hate to tell ya this, but you've never won. The movie with the highest points is inducted into the MoFo Hall of Fame, that's all. You've made several past comments about winning, I sure hope you're not only joining these to 'win'. I have noticed you don't put much effort into these and wait until the last couple weeks to watch the noms.
Wow. Relax.

I consider the induction of both Her and Dances With Wolves to be "wins" for me and there's nothing wrong with seeing it that way or choosing movies with an eye on winning. As long as he's getting everything watched and written up and has his ballot in by the deadline, you've got no reason to complain. Deadlines exist for a reason. It's not a race.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I obviously know the movie is the winner, it was a joke. And the fact that I always nominate relatively unknown films, instead of consagrated classics should say enough on how I play these, especially considering for how long I've been joining HoFs.
Regarding how I watch the films, won't say sorry for watching films whenever I want as long as it's inside the deadline (and when I'm not, which doesn't happen that often btw, I say sorry). You don't get to judge how serious I take these just because I watch everything in the last few weeks.

Damn... this quickly turned into the 22nd Brawl of Fame.
Nope not a brawl, just saying people don't win the movie does, I've said that before many times. Actually it was MarkF who said that to me once in an HoF, and it made sense.

Nope not a brawl, just saying people don't win the movie does, I've said that before many times. Actually it was MarkF who said that to me once in an HoF, and it made sense.
Sure. I don’t think anybody thinks otherwise.

However, I don’t see anything wrong either with finding some fun in a friendly competition. The movie might be the winner but the person picked it not knowing the other nominees and thereby he or she also has something to celebrate. I would be glad to win an HoF. I wouldn’t selfishly claim that I somehow accomplished an amazing feat all by myself. But I don’t see why it can’t be someone winning with his or hers movie. It’s not the important part but I think it’s a fun part of the HoF. It’s people discussing movies after all. It is about the people in some shape or form. The movies don’t watch or discuss themselves...

I appreciate Wyldesyde going with a doc I'm glad I watched Waco too as it opened my eyes to stuff that I never knew happened. Though it's production values were low, sorry to say I did vote it last.

Had Waco at 10th.

My reason for that is mostly the very biased and off-putting presentation of this tragic event. Secondly, it wasn’t that well made imo. But it’s a very interesting story, I’ll give it that. I would love to watch a documentary covering more of this story.

Anyways, as I said in the past I admire the choice of a doc for a HoF. I wouldn’t mind seeing more of that and I might do it myself too.

Slow down!

Ehm, State of Siege was dead last for me. Just didn’t work for me. I’m just not the right person for this type of movie. I definitely see others would love it. But I couldn’t stand it.

Shine I had at 8. Decent biopic but far from perfectly executed. Interesting to a degree but with quite a few problems.