Films You Love, But Everyone Else Hates

Tools    

Sudoku Blackbelt
Everyone says how bad 'Waterworld' is. I enjoyed enough to get it on DVD. Sure there are some really far fetched events, but sometimes you just have to suspend belief to groove on a movie, you know?

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
For me, it's the Star Wars prequels. I don't understand why everyone says they're bad. Sure some casting was misjudged, and the writing is less than perfect, but they're not terrible like most people say they are. Also, I love Avatar, even though some of my close friends hate it beyond belief.

For me, it's the Star Wars prequels. I don't understand why everyone says they're bad. Sure some casting was misjudged, and the writing is less than perfect, but they're not terrible like most people say they are. Also, I love Avatar, even though some of my close friends hate it beyond belief.
Ill have to agree with your friends on avatar

I like Antichrist. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I love it but I like it a lot more than most people generally do. There are some wonderfully subtle scenes in there which I think are ignored because of the brutality present in some of the later scenes. The scene when we discover that She had been putting their childs shoes on the wrong feet is wonderfully illuminating. The film is beautifully shot as well.

Transformers and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Even i didn't like Revenge of the Fallen

Star Wars Episode I : The Phantom Menace.

Screw the haters, I liked it. Jar Jar Binks isn't that bad as a character, JL isn't the world's worst actor and the story does make sense. The force bit I'll admit is silly.

RedLetter Media who did that long over analysis on the film was pathetic. I'm sorry, Its Sci Fi Fantasy hence me putting in bold Fantasy. I hate Confused Matthew too because of his views. People overreact to what was to me a pretty average film. Its sad that people lose sleep or go mad over this film as well as George Lucas himself.

Short rant over.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Ill have to agree with your friends on avatar

That's fine. I think Avatar's one of those movies where if you love it, you love it to death. And if you hate it...well you get my point. Everyone has their issues with it - even me - but I still love watching it.

Everybody seems to dislike Borat, but I like it quite a bit.
Me too. It's very funny & such a great comedy. But also it has some really disturbing moments! But that makes it all the more funnier !

^I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loved Borat. I liked Bruno even more. I am looking forward to The Dictator and expect it to be more funnier and outrageous.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Wild Wild West.
Loved it!
I like Wild Wild West as well. It's not one of my favourites, or even a great film, but it's enjoyable and the fact that it has Kevin Kline helps a whole lot.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I like Wild Wild West as well. It's not one of my favourites, or even a great film, but it's enjoyable and the fact that it has Kevin Kline helps a whole lot.
It's definitely kitschy. It's pretty terrible, but it obviously didn't hurt Will Smith's career.

i like the slackers and devil`s advocate

In the Beginning...
Everyone says how bad 'Waterworld' is. I enjoyed enough to get it on DVD. Sure there are some really far fetched events, but sometimes you just have to suspend belief to groove on a movie, you know?
I really like it too. I always figured people hated it because it was extremely expensive to make and heavily hyped, even though the film itself is really just a pretty good action-adventure movie. I still really like it, though. Great atmosphere, interesting concept and setting. The acting isn't great, but Kevin Costner really seems at home in the film. And anyway, it's far better than The Postman.

For me, I'm not ashamed to admit that I like Titanic. Besides the fact that the romance story is pretty contrived and painfully sappy at times, and the young Leo DiCaprio does come off as a scrap, there's no denying that the detailed realization of the Titanic itself - not least of all the sinking - is something really worth appreciating.

I'm a Titanic buff anyway, but the level of accuracy James Cameron demanded, and the lengths to which he went (such as building a near-scale replica of the ship's exterior, which cost more than the REAL ship did), is amazing. That, and you can't discredit Kate Winslet, who was already a tour-de-force actress. She's the life of that film.