Am I the only one who hates Avatar????

Tools    

Without a doubt the greatest film of all time. Without a doubt the single greatest cinematic achievement in the history of the world. Without a doubt the single most profound, exhilarating, endearing artistic experience of my life.
Be prepared to live the most wonderful experience of your life...

Oh wait that's El Topo

No Apologies. No Regrets.
Without a doubt the greatest film of all time. Without a doubt the single greatest cinematic achievement in the history of the world. Without a doubt the single most profound, exhilarating, endearing artistic experience of my life.

@IeatDragons

Human scum! I hope you die in a fiery oblivion like the Earth battalion under Colonel Quaritch. I hope for my Toruk to hunt you down tear you apart limb from limb while I relish in the taste of your flesh through our unbreakable symbiotic bond. I will avenge the death of Tsu'tey with the lives of your family.

EYWA HAS HEARD YOU... EYWA HAS HEARD YOU!!!!!
That took some effort im quite impressed

i don't hate it, but I'm certainly over it. I'm really disappointed that Cameron's next is Avatar 2-2.

I think it was pretty good. Having an original story isn't everything. They were gambling a hell of a lot relying so heavily on the 3-d part of it. It was a fairly generic story, but it was very well executed, which is more than you can say for most movies.

i refuse to see this and i dont think ill ever see it. just dont care enough
You're only missing out on the single most profound experience of your otherwise sad, meaningless existence, but to each his own.

i personally liked it alot, i was thinking after the movie how the hell did these guys made the plot, to connect to the animals and the whole world, must see if you like it or not another question...

We left the theatre after 20 minutes!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
We left the theatre after 20 minutes!
I'm going to guess that you already watched another movie and jumped to this one or maybe didn't have your 3-D glasses. Perhaps somebody felt sick, but otherwise, who leaves a movie after 20 minutes? The first 20 minutes are quite interesting too.

Think I may even buy the extended edition coming out next week.

i personally liked it alot, i was thinking after the movie how the hell did these guys made the plot, to connect to the animals and the whole world, must see if you like it or not another question...

Somehow, this makes me even more reluctant to see Avatar...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

King of Couch Potatoes
I think it was pretty good. Having an original story isn't everything. They were gambling a hell of a lot relying so heavily on the 3-d part of it. It was a fairly generic story, but it was very well executed, which is more than you can say for most movies.
No it doesn't. The execution of the story is crap. Dances With Wolves executed it better. Pocahontas executed it better. That was the whole problem with the movie. It's a "generic" story yes, but it's still a good story. Cameron and crew just made it a shallow and weak adaptation of that story. Spent way too much time concentrating on making it look good and way too little time on actually making it good.

The movie was decent enough, but it was in no way, shape or form a great film. This movie was verging on being as overhyped as Citizen Kane. It greatly disappoints me that this is the highest grossing movie (and that Cameron has the second highest as well). Cause that just condones more of this crap and makes it out like Cameron is actually a good director (newsflash, he's a mediocre director at best...pretty good producer, but mediocre at best when it comes to directing...and quite crap when it comes to writing). It was funny reading an article somewhere afterwards that labeled Cameron as the best director of all time just because this made highest grossing. Putting him above people like Hitchcock and Spielberg and Scorcese and such.

Saw Avatar once and in 2D. That was a HUGE mistake. Take away the visuals and Avatar is flat out a crap film. No way around it, the story is laughable at best.

Saw Avatar once and in 2D. That was a HUGE mistake. Take away the visuals and Avatar is flat out a crap film. No way around it, the story is laughable at best.
I know someone who did the same thing and came to the same conclusion. Though why you'd go to see a film that's only selling point, unless you're a Cameron fanboy, is the 3D technology in 2D is beyond me.

Somehow, this makes me even more reluctant to see Avatar...
As Powdered Water said, I also think that you would like Avatar. Think Dances with Wolves and "Dragonriders of Pern" and you have the basic plot. As others have said, plot-wise there is not much new here but the execution is marvelous. I never saw it at the theater in 3-D so I can't compare. I saw it on a normal DVD (not HD) with a smallish 40-in monitor -- at least by today's standards. It looks great. It's not the greatest movie ever made but it is still very good. I love Wes Studi as Eytukan, the leader of the clan. The parallel with Native Americans is quite evident. Even the scenes of the natives killing wild game are very similar to Last of the Mohicans.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I saw it in 3D, didn't see any excitement in it. Watched it again when it came out on Blu-Ray and still thought it was ok. I own it, but I own a lot of movies that I think are just ok. I don't see a need for a sequel, or for that matter, a trilogy. I think the story was told, the best way it could (which isn't saying much).
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg