who s better actor of batman, micheal keaton or christian bale

Tools    

i have to say i loved every bit of the tim burton batman and batman returns, both greatly directed, and brilliantly made, but on the other hand i liked micheal keaton down to earth portrayal of batman, and his chilled out acting aswell.
while christian bale acted in the far superior movies plot wise, i do have a fondness for micheal keaton s batman.
have your say

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think that they both have their merits. First and foremost, I want to say that I liked all three movies of The Dark Knight Trilogy more than Batman and Batman: Returns, though, I respect anyone that shares a differing opinion. Christian Bale is suitable in the role in the respect that he does what I believe the character is meant to do, play it straight and really act as almost a blank-slate that reacts to the situations, contrasting his more charismatic and loud antagonists. In Batman Begins, the Bruce Wayne character has a little bit more of an edge, I think, seems a little more pissed off at the status quo, but it isn't really that deeply pursued. I think Bale played the Bruce Wayne better than Keaton, but I think Keaton might have the edge as Batman. Aside from small things like how I don't like the "Batman voice" and his costume always looked off, I think Keaton really captured a more (as you said) chill and antisocial feel to him. Ultimately, although, it's not considered a fair comparison, my favorite Batman is Kevin Conroy and my favorite Joker is Mark Hamill.

i have to say i loved every bit of the tim burton batman and batman returns, both greatly directed, and brilliantly made, but on the other hand i liked micheal keaton down to earth portrayal of batman, and his chilled out acting aswell.
while christian bale acted in the far superior movies plot wise, i do have a fondness for micheal keaton s batman.
have your say
I like the bestial traits that were used for Bale's Batman, like a monster that had come out of the night to punish the wicked. I suppose the only flaw was Bale having to do the growly voice – and having an Affleck-style voice changer seems so obvious now.

Keaton's good because he doesn't need to raise his voice – I suppose just a look is intimidating, such as when he saves Selina from the clown.

Between the two, I like Keaton more, even though I prefer Batman Begins and The Dark Knight over Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (I consider The Dark Knight Rises to be as good as Returns).

The thing is, you can see someone like Christian Bale be Batman. He has the muscles and the money - you can see him pummeling the underworld of Gotham with his fists and toys. He's an awesome Batman, looking menacing and fighting ferociously (a better martial artist Batman than Keaton's, honestly), but I think he slightly lacks in the Bruce Wayne department (still did awesome, though, no gripes here).

Keaton, on the other hand, plays both sides well. As Bruce Wayne, he looks like he wouldn't fair well in a fistfight, which is perfect as it helps with him trying to not let people know he's Batman (outside of the few he told), whereas with Batman, he may fight with the ferocity of Bale's Batman, but he gets some damn good hits in there. Also, he can pull off being terrifying as well.

Overall, I find that Keaton just slightly edges over Bale, though they are my top two in live-action Batman portrayals. In comparison, I think West, Kilmer, and Affleck all have their pros and cons that equalize the other, and Clooney...well, he's a good Bruce Wayne, or would be with the right script.

i like both of them but if it's about voting then Christian Bale would be on higher side.

I think Keaton can out act Bale any day of the week. I'm not talking Night Shift or Mr. Mom Keaton, he's reinvented himself this decade. Bale is awesome in stuff like The Machinist and American Psycho, though. Just an opinion of course.

Bale made a better Bruce Wayne. He was a playboy, and acted arrogant.
The better Batman was Keaton with the change of character he made between the two.

Saying that though:
Keaton's Bruce Wayne also did detective work by studying the history of his enemies, and doing chemistry to discover how Joker was poisoning people.
Bale's Bruce Wayne relied on other people to find a cure for Scarecrow's gas, and Alfred had to do the detective work to find out the history behind Bane.
The only detective work that Bale's Bruce did, was hacking a police database for Catwoman's real identity.

So, for me, it's Keaton.

This might just do nobody any good.
Keaton was a better Batman. In general, Bale is the better actor.
co-signed.

I watched the ‘89 over the weekend. It’s fun though I prefer Returns on the sheer amount of Style with a capital S Burton put into it.

Much respect for Keaton’s take. Nostalgic respect.

The better Batman was Keaton with the change of character he made between the two.

Saying that though:
Keaton's Bruce Wayne also did detective work by studying the history of his enemies, and doing chemistry to discover how Joker was poisoning people.
Bale's Bruce Wayne relied on other people to find a cure for Scarecrow's gas, and Alfred had to do the detective work to find out the history behind Bane.
The only detective work that Bale's Bruce did, was hacking a police database for Catwoman's real identity.

So, for me, it's Keaton.
That was insightful.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Saying that though:

So, for me, it's Keaton.
Nerdgasm alert!

Bale for me was the best batboy of them all.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think Keaton can out act Bale any day of the week. I'm not talking Night Shift or Mr. Mom Keaton, he's reinvented himself this decade. Bale is awesome in stuff like The Machinist and American Psycho, though. Just an opinion of course.
I find it ironic that the film's all about the character being typecast as a superhero "Birdman," and the next major film Keaton was in, he plays a super-villain "The Vulture".

Both great but i prefer bale slightest. I need to rewatch old beloved batman movies tho' it turn vague right now

Bale is by far a better Batman than Keaton and Nolan is by far a better director than Burton

for me i have to say i like both of them, but keaton made his batman iconic, i don t know but he s very very good as batman, and bruce wayne he was extremely chilled out, i like christian bale in his 3 outigs