Have you ever been really into a certain actors work?

Tools    

A couple of years ago, I was on a Tom Hanks kick. I rented a bunch of his movies and ended up buying some of them, When I was 10, I had this obsession with Harrison Ford (laughs). Recently I have really been into Tim Robbins. I just watched 'Jacob's Ladder' and 'The Secret Life of Words' and I love his work!
Jacob's Ladder's very good as I recall, as are The Player and Arlington Road. I used to be fond of Erik the Viking years ago .

I suppose I'm always into Daniel Auteuil's work as he's my favourite actor, but I haven't seen him in anything new for a while.

At the moment I'd say Michael Shannon and Rooney Mara are the actors I'm interested in. There are a few of their films I'd like to see, in some cases properly as I've only seen bits and pieces. I'm really looking forward to seeing Una when that comes out.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
From the age of 17, Marlon Brando... Surprisingly, I haven't seen all the movies he's been in... I have about 5 books written about him, and have read a few others thanks to the library.

Lately, it's been McQueen, Bogart, Mitchum, etc...

This might just do nobody any good.
I was going to do a De Niro marathon some years ago starting with Taxi Driver but it ended up turning into a Scorsese marathon and I skipped Deer Hunter and went for Raging Bull and after King of Comedy I went for Last Temptation (couldn't find After Hours)...

So I guess I'm more of director guy than actors.

Uh... that's not what was asked for at all.

My DVD/Blu ray purchases in the last few years have seen me engaging in targeted sweeps of movies with certain actors such as Arnie, Tom Hanks, Chevy Chase, Michael Douglas, Sean Connery, Roger Moore ... all these guys that I basically grew up watching, really, many of whom have disappeared entirely now and I found I rather miss them. I'm not that fussed about most "modern generation" actors (i.e under 50 or so) but I do like Emma Watson and Karen Gillan and try to see anything they're in.

This might just do nobody any good.
Hmm, actually Gyllenhaal is kind of an interesting example. Prisoners caught me by surprise which made me check out Enemy and then Nightcrawler.

Same with Matthew McConaughey's quality streak this decade.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There are some actors that I'll watch just about anything that they're in, including Cary Grant, Gene Kelly, Cliff Robertson, Rod Taylor, Robert Preston, Rex Harrison, Dick Van Dyke, Julie Andrews, Doris Day, Debbie Reynolds, Sandra Bullock, Peter Falk, Harrison Ford, Hugh Jackman, Kevin Spacey, Robert Downey Jr., Michael Keaton, and Kevin Kline.

Actors whose movies I will watch for no other reason than the fact that they are in them:

Joaquin Phoenix
Russell Crowe
Johnny Depp
Leonardo DiCaprio
Bruce Campbell
Victor Mature

And when I was younger, I had a Kevin Costner obsession.
Great taste

From the age of 17, Marlon Brando... Surprisingly, I haven't seen all the movies he's been in... I have about 5 books written about him, and have read a few others thanks to the library.

Lately, it's been McQueen, Bogart, Mitchum, etc...
If you're a Brando fan, may I recommend the following if you haven't seen them:

The Wild One
The Men
The Fugitive Kind
The Ugly American
Sayonara
The Night of the Following Day
One-Eyed Jacks
Last Tango in Paris
The Freshman
Don Juan DeMarco