Rollercoasters and me (a love story of sorts)

Tools    

Part of me is thinking 'don't post this'. However, as a newbie I feel I need to establish myself here and the only way to do that is with complete honesty. I just want to make it clear that what I am about to share is not a sexual fetish or anything like that, it's just a part of what makes me....well, me.
So, like many people I am a big fan of roller coasters, thrill rides and theme parks in general. However, most people think of thrill rides as a mere device to have a good time or to seek a thrill. This is a disgraceful point of view!
For me, I don't see roller coasters as simple thrill rides. I see them as my friends. Let me explain.
If I have been going to a theme park for several years, I get to know the rides. Not just the layout, but also their temperament and their personality. (Yes, thrill rides have personalities).
When visiting my favourite parks, I genuinely believe that the rides and pleased to see me again just as I am pleased to see them.
I feel emotional attachment and in some cases sexual feelings for roller coasters because I feel in my 30 year obsession with theme parks, I have formed a bond with these rides.
It may sound weird but I genuinely believe that humans and roller coasters should be able to intermarry as this is something I would really love to do.
I understand how this must sound but give it some thought and you will understand.
Anyone else here a fan of theme parks, even if it's just in a regular way?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OK I liked your other thread but backing out of here slowly.

Okay, well let's keep it to casual coaster talk then lol. How about we just talk about what coasters we enjoy and leave my personal views about them out of it lol.

I would suggest visiting Thorpe Park in London. Lots of gorgeous rides there that will go out of their way to make sure your day is fun and memorable.

Have you considered therapy!! . Just teasing. Alton Towers is a great Theme Park, the Corkscrew is my fave roller coaster, didn't wanna marry it though!😉

Have you considered therapy!! . Just teasing. Alton Towers is a great Theme Park, the Corkscrew is my fave roller coaster, didn't wanna marry it though!😉
That was a wonderful ride. It broke my heart when they tore it down. Alton Towers is good shoutout as there are lots of great rides there.
Thorpe Park is another good one. Although they have recently taken down their log flume which was my favorite childhood ride so I am currently in mourning as she was not only a great ride but also a sweet and kind person.
I also am a big fan of the parks in Orlando. Not been to the USA since 2009 so I will have to visit again soon.

That was a wonderful ride. It broke my heart when they tore it down. Alton Towers is good shoutout as there are lots of great rides there.
Thorpe Park is another good one. Although they have recently taken down their log flume which was my favorite childhood ride so I am currently in mourning as she was not only a great ride but also a sweet and kind person.
I also am a big fan of the parks in Orlando. Not been to the USA since 2009 so I will have to visit again soon.
I hope i was on the Corkscrew before you!! Lol. . So tell us what you actually do on a rollercoaster?? 😳

Lol, I ride a rollercoaster like anyone else. The only difference is that I communicate with the spirit of the ride and in some cases have romantic relationships with them. But beyond all that, I enjoy rides for the same reasons that most people do. Because they provide fun and exciting memories and we should be thankful to them for allowing us all to enjoy them.

Lol, I ride a rollercoaster like anyone else. The only difference is that I communicate with the spirit of the ride and in some cases have romantic relationships with them. But beyond all that, I enjoy rides for the same reasons that most people do. Because they provide fun and exciting memories and we should be thankful to them for allowing us all to enjoy them.
This has gotta be a wind up!!

Not at all. But I guess it does sound weird from the outside lol.
I was actually dating Loggers Leap at Thorpe Park for years and when they tore it down it was like losing the love of my life. People like me are able to communicate with the soul and the heart of these rides which is how we have relationships with them. However, beyond that my love of thrill rides is no different from anyone elses. I enjoy the g-forces, airtime etc.

Not at all. But I guess it does sound weird from the outside lol.
I was actually dating Loggers Leap at Thorpe Park for years and when they tore it down it was like losing the love of my life. People like me are able to communicate with the soul and the heart of these rides which is how we have relationships with them. However, beyond that my love of thrill rides is no different from anyone elses. I enjoy the g-forces, airtime etc.
Well i have a secret of my own, i kinda fancy Bouncy Castles!!

Ah, my apologies. I didn't see that thread.
Also, it's actually pretty normal for a theme park enthusiast to become smitten and develop a spiritual and emotional connection to their rides.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ah, my apologies. I didn't see that thread.
Also, it's actually pretty normal for a theme park enthusiast to become smitten and develop a spiritual and emotional connection to their rides.
It may sound weird but I genuinely believe that humans and roller coasters should be able to intermarry as this is something I would really love to do.
This is not normal, in any way, shape or form. Enjoy your subculture but dont spread misinformation this type of thinking is normal.

Wasn't it you that sent me the video proving that it was perfectly normal and pretty mainstream? lol

Oh my God, my new favorite poster. You're so going to be banned for having a sense of humor.

Tbh, if I get banned just for having my own opinions then so be it. I haven't said anything aggressive or rude to anyone and yet some people her seem to have an issue with me. That being said, I do like this site and I enjoy posting here so I hope that doesn't happen.