What Are You Giving Up For Lent?

Tools    

Since today is Lent, we all should deny ourselves things of lesser priority to show us that they are not necessary, and focus our attention on what is necessary.
The question is what are you giving up (denying yourself of) this holy season??

Honestly I couldn't think of anything before today. I feel terrible.

Originally Posted by jrs
Since today is Lent, we all should deny ourselves things of lesser priority to show us that they are not necessary, and focus our attention on what is necessary.
The question is what are you giving up (denying yourself of) this holy season??

Honestly I couldn't think of anything before today. I feel terrible.
Thanks for the reminder.

I handed in my notice so I guess I'm giving up work......at least till I find somewhere new

I am having a nervous breakdance
What the hell is lent?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
What the hell is lent?

The Season of Lent is the 45 day period leading up to Easter… it is a time for soul searching and repentance…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
Not a thing, as I don't practice. I have, however, all but given up drinking, even socially. This was because I just didn't like it anymore, and it doesn't really give you anything of value as far as expanded creativity while drunk etc. Not that I had a problem with it before, as I only drank on occasion, but as I have gotten older, it has lost it's luster.

_S

Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
I'm giving up Jesus

-When in doubt, Kill it

I don't give anything up for lent, per se, because I don't agree with the whole...religion thing. Anyway, I do agree with giving up something important to you to be more grateful or something unhealthy but that you enjoy doing. I figured I'd stop drinking soda this time, which is surprisingly difficult for me.

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
I don't give anything up for lent, per se, because I don't agree with the whole...religion thing. Anyway, I do agree with giving up something important to you to be more grateful or something unhealthy but that you enjoy doing. I figured I'd stop drinking soda this time, which is surprisingly difficult for me.

I tried giving up soda a few years ago and went into caffeine withdrawals… I never even realized how addictive those things can be until then… good luck.... This year I am trying to give up sugar and so far, it’s not too easy either…

i'm giving up masterbation

I must become Caligari..!
Never heard of it before today,
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

most of the christian churches at leats non-denominational (heh- get that our denomination is non-denominational) do not do lent, i never have at least and really although i understand and respect it i don't agree with the theology and reasoning that supports it
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I thought Lent was a Jewish ritual.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."