Should I return it?

Tools    

I wipe my ass with your feelings
This is by far the lamest question I have ever asked, but I feel like asking it cause I'm a man who believes if you paid for it, you should get it all.

I opened up my DVD case of The Usual Suspects and the DVD was there. The booklet was missing. Now you might say, "who cares? it just has the chapters on it..." yate yate yah. I know, but this is the Specials Collectors Edition and I think their might be one of those long booklets you can read and gives you insite and stuff like that...remember, I wub movies.

Anyways, what do you think should be done? Should I forget about it or go back and demand another one.

I'd return the dang thing. I think part of the reason there's such lousy quality control in so many businesses today is b/c so few people actually take the time to complain or return things. I know if I ran my business like this I would be out of business PDQ. I always figure if I'm required to meet high standards as a supplier why shouldn't commercial businesses be required to meet the same high standards when they supply to me

My Top 100 favorite movies.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
First, you should make sure it is actually supposed to have one. The recent Special Edition of Goodfellas simply didn't come with one...

Originally Posted by OG-
First, you should make sure it is actually supposed to have one. The recent Special Edition of Goodfellas simply didn't come with one...
That's true, but I take like that because it has the little slots for it. Where exactly can I find out too

I'd return the dang thing. I think part of the reason there's such lousy quality control in so many businesses today is b/c so few people actually take the time to complain or return things. I know if I ran my business like this I would be out of business PDQ. I always figure if I'm required to meet high standards as a supplier why shouldn't commercial businesses be required to meet the same high standards when they supply to me
I feel exactly like that. I paid for it and I should get what I deserve, right? Though honestly I don't care if its one of those chapter things you usually get. I was expecting a small little booklet to come along with it and I could get a read. Maybe not you know?

And this is my BOOMstick!
The booklet is missing in my Shaun of the Dead DVD too.

I have the Usual Suspects Sepcial Edition, and I'm pretty sure that there's a booklet with it.

But I know what you mean Godsend, I also like to have everything that I paid for. I recently purchased the "Ultimate Matrix Collection" and have a little problem. All the discs work fine, but the text on the Matrix Revolutions case is in a different language. A know it sounds stupid, but it really bugs me. It sort of ruins the collection, don't you think?

Do you know my poetry?
I purchased the Band of Outsiders Criterion DVD and I found no booklet in the case when it stated the following in the Special Features: "Sixteen-page booklet including an essay by poet Joshua Clover, character descriptions by Godard, and 1964 interview with the director." I was angry.

OH****! Woops

I meant to say The Untouchables. Argh. Not The Usual Suspects. :-p

first i would find out if it had one then i would definitly return it. i just got City of God for christmas and even though its from another country i was pretty mad at the no booklet inside.and not to mention the lack of special features

Does Gangs of New York [Region 1] have a insert or booklet inside of it?

I'm pretty sure the new WB dvds now a days don't have inserts... Since they switch from the clip seal dvds or do they still use those bloody things?

my untouchables,goodfellas,shaun of the dead,and usual suspects dvds did not have booklets or even inside slip sleeves containing the chapters.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by moviedvdfreak
shaun of the deaddvd did not have booklets or even inside slip sleeves containing the chapters.
Neither did mine.

My Special Edition of The Usual Suspects came with a booklet. Not really a big thing with me that's why i had to look and see if was there.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I think you folks may be getting a bit tetchy about this, booklets aren't a requirement on DVDs.
I agree Pyro, but its a bigger issue than that. It's about getting what you paid for and having standards in life. If I shortship my customers product I receive phone calls immedately upon receipt demanding to know what I am going to do to fix this problem. As I said before, if I am held to this high standard why is it unreasonable to expect those who supply to me, the consumer, to adhere to the same conduct. If we allow people to get away with shipping an inferior product the problem will only get worse over time. It's only by voicing our opinion and letting them know that this type of behavior is unacceptable will we ever inact a change.

I'll get off my soap box now

I would want to return it, but probably wouldn't unless it is my favorite movie or part of a box set or something. Once my mother returned a CD for me when I was a teenager because I thought there was no sound coming off it. Then they sent the CD back and said that the songs don't start til track 99. Did I ever feel like a tard.

Originally Posted by gummo
I would want to return it, but probably wouldn't unless it is my favorite movie or part of a box set or something. Once my mother returned a CD for me when I was a teenager because I thought there was no sound coming off it. Then they sent the CD back and said that the songs don't start til track 99. Did I ever feel like a tard.
Hey man, like one of the previous posters said. Make sure first that the particular DVD in question, is supposed to have the booklet within your region before you start thinking you were unintentionally ripped off.