BEGGAR SU!
Beggar Su/Wong Fie Hong vs anyone, in any of his fights
(Drunken Master)
Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris
(Way of the Dragon)
Ash vs his hand
(Evil Dead 2)

Currently away from the boards.
In Gladiator, I liked the war scene and all that happened in Colosseum. Those were nicely made.

And okay, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon had some ggggreat fighting scenes, I don't really remember anything though.

My votes go to:

Ryan Phillipe and Benicio Del Toro vs Taye Diggs and the other bodyguard guy in "The Way of the Gun". The scene in the back alley when they were shooting in cars, gettin out cars of shooting, shooting in cars again, and finally reversing into each others cars..

Jet Li vs his father-in-law in "Fist of Legend"- cinamtic hand to hand martial arts at its most beautiful.

Matt Damon vs one of the assasins in "The Bourne Identity" when Matt stabbed the dude about 20 times in 3 seconds with a pen.

Kiddo aka the Bride vs Lucy Liu's gang of recylced asian actors in "Kill Bill"

My number 1 favourite fight scene; The opening war scene in "Saving Private Ryan"

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My two favorite screen fights, both happen to land in George Steven's films.

The first being Alan Ladd vs. Ben Johnson and co. in Shane with Brandon DeWilde looking on crunching on a candy cane.

The second being Rock Hudson vs. the racist cafe owner in Giant who refused to let a Mexican family dine there, which prompted the previously racist Hudson to come to their aide. This all coreographed excellently and heightened by the Mitch Miller band's rendition of the classic "yellow rose of texas". Once again awesome stuff.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Mrs. BDT to y'all
I don't suppose theres much fighting done on Patricia Arquettes behalf, but the scene in True Romance in which her character Alabama has a brawl with James Gandolphini's character is class.

best one i've seen in a while was the ladder fight scene from once upon a time in china.

funniest would be either the one with richard ng and charlie chin at the party in 'winners and sinners', or sammo hung's big fight at the end of 'encounters of the spooky kind'.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I really enjoyed the posts on this thread.

My favorite fight scene is between Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine in Emperor Of The North.

John Wayne and Victor McLaglen in The Quiet Man.

Bruce Campbell(Elvis) and Ossie Davis(John F. Kennedy) fighting Bob Ivy(Bubba Ho-Tep) in Bubba Ho-Tep.

I don't want to sound like another Quentin Tarantino Ass-Kicker, I'm not. But I really loved the closing fight scenes in Kill Bill Vol.1.

The Bride vs. The Crazy 88s (if you'd call that a 'fight')
The Bride vs. O-Ren Ishii (Beautiful!)
The Bride vs. Go Go (Superb!)

Bug Planet Proximus
hmmmmmm good thread question

my 'classic' choice would have to be the final scene of Polanski's Macbeth

but for an all-out bone-crunching kung fu chopping gore fight id have to pick....

end fight from Rocky 2 OR sonny beating the **** out of his brother-in-law from the Godfather OR bruce lee taking the entire dojo of Japs out in The Chinese Connection OR etc.....

i might have to add to this and put in some gun fights

Roddy Piper vs. Keith David - They Live

Bruce Lee vs. Kareem Abdull Jabar - Game Of Death
(only part worth watching by the way)

Living vs. Undead - Dawn Of The Dead

Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster (giant lobster)

MY FIRST POST!!!!!!!! JULY 12

BEST FIGHTS
jet lie vs japan master- fist of legend

blade vs nomak- blade II

neo vs goons, Chatuea- reloaded

reptile vs lui kang- mortal kombat

jackie chan vs druck kickboxer- druken master

neo vs agent smith- revolutions

gladiator in colloseum with tigers- Gladiator

scorpion vs jonny cage- MK

bride for crazy 88- kill bill

jet lei vs himself- The One

Neo vs Smith- matrix

blade vs decon Frost- Blade

congrats baseer- oh and welcome to MoFo's hope you stick around

hmmmm- this is just random but when Yoda kicked Lord Dukcoo (i am sorry, but I know i am not the only who- upon hearing that guys name automatically thinsk Cuckoo- or am I?) butt in AOTC- that was the best part about that movie
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Hi I'm new here. Just wanna say how entertaining it's been to read your posts since I first found this forum that I just had'da join in the fun!

For the best fight scenes, I'd have to give my nominations to:

1. The Transporter - Jason Stratham vs a bunch of rouges
2. Spider-Man 2 - Spidey vs Dr Ock on the train
3. Pirates of the Caribbean - Johnny Depp vs Geoffrey Rush (in and out of moonlight)
4. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - King of the dead and gang vs Oliphants
5. Hot Shots: Part Deux - Charlie Sheen vs boxing opponent in the monastary (bunch of laughs!)
6. League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - The Immortal vs the Vampire
7. Shrek 2 - The giant gingerbread man vs the palace guards of far far away LOL, and a pot of boiling milk.

Originally Posted by Fez Wizardo
for action films I always seem to look at the foreign flicks first...

Check Jet Li out in Once Upon a Time in China - the film's slow moving initially but picks up with some excellent action later on.. Tsui Hark's One Armed Swordsman also had some excellent gritty fight sequences. As for Iron Monkey, well that just kicks arse innit .

YES, Iron Monkey was the ish!

There are those who call me...Tim.
Sparrow Vs Barbosa in the treasure cave. I suppose I was won over by how well the skeletons moved and the music more than the stunt work itself though.
Oh, and Vader Vs Luke in ESB (I've mentioned this somewhere before...).

Least favourite fights are the burly brawl in Matrix Reloaded and Yoda Vs Dooku. The burly brawl had potential to be a true classic but the action was constantly inturrupted by slo-mo, which I think was added simply for the sake of it (and to show off their special effects). In the first Matrix, the slo-mo was used to show off the moves and the incredible powers that Morpheus and Co. had, and watching Smith punch through a concrete pillar was good too
Yoda Vs Dooku was just naff. Infact, Dooku Vs anyone who took him on was naff. I didn't notice any difference between the way that Obi Wan and Anakin fought (except the fact that Anakin had 2 sabres), but in some incredibly lame attempt at showing off Anakins strength, old Chris was made to look a little out of breath after fighting Anakin, whereas after beating Obi Wan he was a cocky git. Then Yoda came along and all hell broke loose. I know that Jedi's have an uncanny ability to jump very high and very far, but I didn't know they could defy gravity by hovering in mid air, yet Yoda seemed to prove that they could

I need to get out more...

Dumb and Dumber snowball fight, complete ownage by Daniels against Holly
Crouching Tiger - all are great, fav is Jen-Yu vs Yu Shu Lien where she gets to choose weapon
Iron Monkey
Blade rave scene
Lee vs Norris
Matrix - Trinity escape
Kill Bill 88s
Indiana Jones vs the crazy ass fighter guy
Butch Cassidy vs that big guy
The Wild Bunch vs that really large group of people (1969 = best year for movies ever, Butch Cassidy, Wild Bunch, Midnight Cowboy, and Easy Rider)

A system of cells interlinked
A few new MoFos in here I see...Welcome

Cheers

_S

The best fight scene would have to be from the movie Troy. When Achilles and Prince Hector fight for their life.

Well,cool topic.I had to join just so i could reply.

As far as the funniest fight I have ever seen.Hands down Happy Gilmore vs Bob Barker.

The Pellenore Field battle scene,in particular Legolas vs an Oliphante.

Spidey vs Doc Ock on the train was brilliant.Best Cg fight scene ever IMO.