Tools    

hello all,

what are your favorite fight scenes?

I tend to like the more martial arts kind of fights:

1.Jackie Chan in Drunken Master

2.Jet Li vs Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, Lethal Weapon 4

and

3.Wesley Snipes vs Deacon Frost's minions, Blade I

1. in "Fight Club", the fight in the office with Edward Norton's character and himself.

Can we try with real bullets now?
Hero - Classic Eastern combat fight in the rain between Jet Li and Donnie Yen

mine is shaolin soccer and kung fu hustle. if you haven't seen it yet. i suggest that you watch it.

Here to support the villians.......
Nic Cage and John Travolta in Face/Off

Randomly visiting for now
I really liked some of the fight scenes in Gladiator; especially the one in the village arena where he fights like 8 guys by himself. It's quite brutal but exhilirating. I love the part when he throws the sword and shouts "are you not entertained!!" then everyone cheers like crazy, t'is pretty cool. Also the final fight at the end is very beautifully shot and has wonderous music.

I enjoyed all the fight scenes in Hero as well especially the one in the forest where the leaves change colour. It's very cool.

The fight scenes in the first Matrix were pretty awesome as well, especially Mr. Smith vs. Neo. Fast paced and hard hitting.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by ruby07
mine is shaolin soccer and kung fu hustle. if you haven't seen it yet. i suggest that you watch it.
For the comedy? The martial arts were ho-hum in these films.....

For me:

Raging Bull
: All the matches....

Speaking Lethal Weapon, how about the first one with Martin Riggs vs. Mr. Joshua?

Game over man..Game over!
I like the fight scenes in The Transporter, The Matrix, House of flying daggers, The One, Rumble in The Bronx, Brave Heart, Gladiator..too many

Starcraft good in 97' good now
The fight scene in kill bill the bride versus the crazy 88's

Ong Bak fight scene where he takes on the Japanese guy with an afro.

Half man, half machine
The bar room brawl in Shane is a true slobber knocker. Watching Ben Johnson hit both Van Heflin and Alan Ladd with a chair beats anything from The Matrix Trilogy.

Another great fight scene is the fisticuffs that take place between Connery and Robert Shaw in the box car in From Russia With Love. Looking at it carefully, it’s tough to say that stunt men were used.

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." - Roger Ebert

Celebrity battalion
George Clooney vs barbara streisand vs regis philban

Welcome to the human race...
How can you forget Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black sword-fighting in The Princess Bride?

Final fight between Jet Li and the Japanese General, Fist of Legend.

Ken Takakura versus the Yakuza gamblers, The Yakuza.

Darth Maul's duel with the Jedi, Phantom Menace.

Count Dooku's second duel with Anakin, Revenge of the Sith.

Yoda versus Darth Sidious, Revenge of the Sith.

Luke's duels with Darth Vader, Empire and Jedi.

The heroes versus Zhang Ziyi and the Jade Fox at midnight, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Musashi versus Baiken, The Samurai Trilogy.

Chuck Norris versus the Ninja Enforcer, The Octagon.

Sho Kosugi versus Braden, Revenge of the Ninja.

Sonny Chiba and his sons versus Momochi Sandayu, Shogun's Ninja.

Tom Cruise versus the assassins in the street, The Last Samurai.