Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Song One (2014) a very simple, low key, indie film shot in semi documentary style. The trailer link below gives a good idea of the film. This might look like a romance movie but it's about the exploration of music. There's lots of original music in the film. I think anybody with artistic or musical endeavors might find some truth in the film.

Trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ihdJgH757A0

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Network (1976)

The best description about TV and what's wrong with society nowadays. It's as actual now as it was in 1976, and that's one of the biggest praises one can give to a art work.
The acting started by confusing me a bit but I eventually understand most acting choices. Very solid direction and cinematography. And most of all, an absolutely perfect script!!!
Great Lumet movie!!!

Some Like it Hot (1959)

It took me so long to watch this because I just wasn't that interested. I must've had the wrong idea because two of my favorite television shows are Three's Company and Bosom Buddies, shows with similar themes. It's a simple movie, but it's just the type of situational comedy I like. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon are perfect in their roles, and I'm not sure how good an actress Marilyn Monroe is, but she is mesmerizing to watch and was great in this. The whole cast seemed to be having fun while performing, and that translates to the viewer. This movie was the perfect respite from the dark movies I normally watch, and I just had a great time watching it.

I think because of the screenshots I've seen, I thought that it was going to be more musical. There was a small musical element to it, but I loved that part of it too. I also thought it was going to be zanier, but it never crossed that line.

Inside Out, 5/5. Oh my god this film is so good. Like with Wreck-It-Ralph and Frozen, it's not a perfect film, but every short coming it has is so overshadowed by what's great about it, that they don't even matter or hurt the film. The casting is great, the characters are fun, despite the fact that it's about 75% inside the head, and the rest outside, it manages to keep a likable, and reasonable balance between everything going on, which is not an easy feat considering that it basically tackles 3 points of perspective at once. The transitions between them though, are excellent. When it's funny, it's really funny, and even though it uses the same joke multiple times, it's always perfectly timed for great laughs. I will say that I didn't like the scene we once got a trailer for about the father being out of tune with Riley's emotions as well as his wife's, mostly because the father never acted like that again, and it was all just to add up to a few simple jokes, but the payoff later in the film made that scene a bit more worth it. The originality, the cast, the setting, the way Joy and Sadness ended up working so, so well at the film's conclusion, everything was great. I can't say I cried like a lot of people have said they did, but I get why people might. This film is so good. Anyone who has ever enjoyed an animated film at any point needs to see this, because animated films like this, need to be the standard in the industry. It's seriously the best animated film I've seen this decade.

Jurassic Park (1993)

Being part of the MoFo's family gives me the need to watch movies. I just finish watching the first Jurassic Park a super classic that I have never seen and after reading the plots of the other 3 movies I can wait to see them all.
It was pretty fascinating the originality of the movie, a park of dinosaurs, to clone them by the blood in the mosquitos, to murder Wayne Knight, and specially the last one made this movie deserve a 5/5 Mr. Popcorns

Master of My Domain
That adds cricket to our band of Some Like it Hot lovers - an awesome minority.

Master of My Domain
That adds cricket to our band of Some Like it Hot lovers - an awesome minority.
If that goes to me I would love some details
Well, for starters, have you seen the film?

Care for some gopher?
Our Hospitality (USA, 1923, Buster Keaton/John G. Blystone) -

Care for some gopher?
Bad Boys (USA, 1995, Michael Bay) -

Always fun to watch. Tea Leoni is terribly annoying, though.

Jurassic Park (1993)

Being part of the MoFo's family gives me the need to watch movies. I just finish watching the first Jurassic Park a super classic that I have never seen and after reading the plots of the other 3 movies I can wait to see them all.
It was pretty fascinating the originality of the movie, a park of dinosaurs, to clone them by the blood in the mosquitos, to murder Wayne Knight, and specially the last one made this movie deserve a 5/5 Mr. Popcorns

Pain & Gain (2013) - Michael Bay

- Completely hilarious movie for me it's by far the best movie from Michael Bay and definitely one of the best comedy of the decade. Big Dwayne on cocaine is one of the most memorable thing that I have ever seen. Marky Mark is also great in the movie. Thumbs Up.

Master of My Domain
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Thoughts posted in HoF thread...soon.

Seconds (1966)

The cinematography at first traps you in, then the acting and carefully constructed editing and movement of characters, looming over in a quasi-noir trance never lets you out. Great film. Didn't expect to like it very much.

... but damn the cinematography. I haven't liked a film's cinematography this much since Woman in the Dunes. I'm pretty sure my rating for this film will go up on repeat viewing.

+