X-Men: First Class

Tools    

First image of the cast in costume.

Originally Posted by Spinoff Online
Pictured, from left, are: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and James McAvoy as Charles Xavier.

I've heard of that one, never bothered to see it.

This one does have an interesting cast, still can't buy McAvoy as a young Prof. X though. But atleast they left out Wolverine this time.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Hey call me crazy, but Angel is a guy. I understand that Marvel in the movies has played around with changing the looks how a character appeared in the comics (king pin, nick fury spring to mind).

But changing genders? what the hell.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hey call me crazy, but Angel is a guy.
It has to be some bad naming call by someone on the production team. Much like Bay's mix-up in Transformers, naming a tank Devastator.

Clearly, Worthington has always been Angel, in some form or another. Why they would change that is beyond me.

The simple fact that they rushed into production on this, has me worried.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

There are multiple Marvel characters called "Angel." One more isn't that big a deal. Since they wanted this to be a prequel rather than a reboot, they couldn't include Warren Worthington III as Angel since he was in X-Men 3. Of course, Dr. Henry McCoy appeared in X-Men 2 looking pretty normal before being blue and fuzzy in X-Men 3, and here he's blue and fuzzy, so they've already shown continuity is not a high priority.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...they've already shown continuity is not a high priority.
Which doesn't surprise me. They probably figured that nobody could be THAT dedicated to pick out the smallest of details.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wow, my expectations for this just went down to zero.

BTW: I liked Generation X.

Suspect's Reviews

Beware The Probe!
I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out but there are a couple things about it that bother me.
I understand they want to show us how Xavier and Magneto started the X-Men decades ago (I believe this is supposed to take place in the '60s) but some of these characters don't belong there at the beginning.
Mainly Emma Frost and Havoc.

Emma being Cyclops' girlfriend in current times and Havoc being Cyclops' younger brother.
Ok, they might want to retcon and reboot Havoc as maybe his way older brother, uncle or father or something (which makes no sense), but Emma already appeared in the Wolverine movie with the younger Cyclops. Of course that same movie also had Gambit appearing way older than he should have been for that time so it's not a surprise they'd ignore the proper ages for some of their characters again for this movie.

I can see Mystique or Beast being older than we think but couldn't they find some more older mutants to appear instead or are there not enough in that catagory? I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd loved to have seen Namor make an appearance since he is a mutant and was alive during WWII but he may fall under the Avengers licensing.

Obviously, the super nerd discussion about Spider-Man over in this other thread proves them wrong.
LMFAO!!!!! Too Funny MadMike.

Personally, I like the idea of Angel as a female. Hell, make them all females. lol

I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out but there are a couple things about it that bother me.
I understand they want to show us how Xavier and Magneto started the X-Men decades ago (I believe this is supposed to take place in the '60s) but some of these characters don't belong there at the beginning.
Mainly Emma Frost and Havoc.

Emma being Cyclops' girlfriend in current times and Havoc being Cyclops' younger brother.
Ok, they might want to retcon and reboot Havoc as maybe his way older brother, uncle or father or something (which makes no sense), but Emma already appeared in the Wolverine movie with the younger Cyclops. Of course that same movie also had Gambit appearing way older than he should have been for that time so it's not a surprise they'd ignore the proper ages for some of their characters again for this movie.

I can see Mystique or Beast being older than we think but couldn't they find some more older mutants to appear instead or are there not enough in that catagory? I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd loved to have seen Namor make an appearance since he is a mutant and was alive during WWII but he may fall under the Avengers licensing.
The first movie, set in "the not-to-distant future," has Rogue as a teenager (she never was in the comics) and being the same age as Iceman (who was one of the very first X-Men in the comics). The filmmakers do not care about comic book continuity whatsoever, and they made that clear right off the bat. Yes, Emma's appearance here contradicts her appearance in Wolverine, but Beast's contradicts his appearance in X-Men 2 also, as I already pointed out. The filmmakers do not care about continuity within their own series either, they just want to put as many characters on screen as possible.

And no, Namor is not an X-Men character. They're still trying to get a solo project going for him.

its one thing for the movies not to share the time-line and or continuity from the comics. nobody i think disputes that.

its quite another for the movies they are in complete control of content to be all over the place.

Hell they couldnt even line up origins Wolverine to match with the flash back sequence from the original X-men.

basically its lazy filmaking.

"Live forever or die trying"
Exactly, need more clever producers and writers I think, at least if there going to just go through the chain of the Marvel series. To many movies that are close to the book or comic and then out the window it goes.

Trailer

&feature=player_embedded

once again the timeline issues pop up.

i think its easier to consider every xmen-spinoff its own separate rebooted universe.

anyways, looks better than i expected.

King of Couch Potatoes
I'm still not convinced by that trailer. I was really excited about this movie in the beginning. Then things started coming out and my excitement just plummeted. This trailer isn't as bad as the original cast shot, though. I'm just really on the fence about this one now.

On that note, I think Beast looked rather stupid in that trailer. I didn't like his look at all.