Heath Ledger

Tools    

Heath Ledger is really having an awesome year. The two big films he's putting out look like some quality stuff. I recently saw Brokeback Mountain and even though it got some slack for being pretty controversial, I thought it was really well done. I'm looking forward to seeing Casanova which I believe is coming out on 1/06. I recently saw the trailer for it and it looked really amusing. Reminiscent of Shakespeare in Love- kind of a witty comedy. The more Heath the better as far as I'm concerned!

I think the last film I saw him in was The Brothers Grim… thanks to a younger cousin, but I actually enjoyed it…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
He's one of the few actors i really can't stand, after The Patriot and trailers for A Knights Tale

A Knight's Tale is hilarious... mainly because of Chaucer (Paul Bettany), Roland (Mark Addy), and Wat (Alan Tudyk)... and the music...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I liked A Knight's Tale too, and I usually blanch at anachronism. I like Heath ok, he's good looking and not a bad actor. I have yet to really connect to anything he's done, but it can take awhile to get a role that does that.

Bettany, on the other hand... doesn't even need a great role in order to shine.

The last time I really liked Heath Ledger was in 10 Things I Hate About You. Julia Stiles was great in that too.

Both of those actors have talent but they haven't found that one special role where they can shine.

Maybe Brokeback Mountain will be it for Heath.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

I recently saw Brokeback and was equally impressed with both Heath and Jake Gyllenhall (sp??) I think that movie really boosted their careeers to another level.

That's also one of the biggest reasons I think people will go out to see Casanova. It's alot like Gwen in Shakespeare in Love - after that movie everyone wanted a piece of her in films. I for one can't wait for the same thing to happen to Heath! I think it's worth giving him the benefit of the doubt after Brokeback.

Randomly visiting for now
He's not a bad actor I guess, just one of the ok ones that can fit into most basic roles but has never really performed well enough to warrant a difficult acting role.

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
He's not a bad actor I guess, just one of the ok ones that can fit into most basic roles but has never really performed well enough to warrant a difficult acting role.
Yeah, I think before this year I would have agreed. But between Brokeback, Bros Grimm, and Casanova I'm changing my mind.

Has anyone seen his new baby anyway??

Originally Posted by nebbit
Yes, very cute
I haven't seen it. Where did you see pictures? I can't beleive I am so lame and haven't seen them yet.

By the way the film got a great review on coming soon- check it.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=12351

And please let me know about mini heath pictures asap....

Heath is great in Brokeback Mountain. He should be Oscar nominated for his work. He doesn't have a prayer of winning - this is Philip Seymour Hoffman's year, but I was very impressed. Hadn't seen anything especially noteworthy from Heath in the acting department, but he's truly great in Brokeback: very controlled, intricate, and nuanced performance. I honestly didn't think he had it in him. Jake is good in the movie, all the supporting players are fine (especially Michelle Williams), but this is Heath's movie all the way.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I thought Heath was pretty good in Monster's Ball. His character was a bit sketchy, but I thought he breathed more into it than was on the page. Glad to hear he's got a role he can shine in, finally, whether or not he had the wattage turned up full prior to this or not.

Also, I know they're supposed to be gay and all, but they're both ridiculously pretty in that photo.

Yeah its been sold out in the theatres all around me by Friday night for the whole weekend. sweet.