A Sound Of Thunder

Tools    

Thursday Is Best
based off of Ray Bradburys short storie, ascept it looks like the movie gets a littel deeper showin gthe aftermath of changing evolution

trailer can be found:
http://asoundofthunder.warnerbros.com/here

Jst read the book in Language class, it ain't bad.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Homer accidentally walked on the fish with legs thereby creating some of the most dramatic events in human history. The ending of that show was hilarious.

This movie from the trailer, seems to have a lower budget with the cgi's that gives the dinasours a bit of a cheesy look. It was supposed to have been out last year but kept getting pushed back. I hope that is a good sign and not a bad one.

Originally Posted by Escape
This movie from the trailer, seems to have a lower budget with the cgi's that gives the dinasours a bit of a cheesy look. It was supposed to have been out last year but kept getting pushed back. I hope that is a good sign and not a bad one.
I thought it had that dated, 50s style, Starship Troopers look to it. The production designer, art director and set decorator all have an impressive resume, so I'm hoping for the best.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by CyCL3
based off of Ray Bradburys short storie, ascept it looks like the movie gets a littel deeper showin gthe aftermath of changing evolution
I recomend learning how to spell and proper literature.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
I recomend learning how to spell and proper literature.
Proper literature what?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Proper literature what?
Yah, that didn't make any sense to me either...

As for the movie, it'll be interesting in concept, just because the short story was interesting, but after that I'm not very hopefull.

A system of cells interlinked
Aside from being one of the most prolific writers (over 500 published works), Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors of all time. His descriptive style is classy and damn near poetic at times. Of course, for a writer with so many works about, not all of them are gems, but Mr. Bradbury has many, many great stories out there. One of the is "A Sound of Thunder", wehich this film is based upon.

Meet Mr. Eckles, big game hunter. He has hunted it all folks, lion, bear, crocodile....So what is a big game hunter to do when he has run out of challenges? Why, head back to pre-historic times to hunt some REALLY big game. Not just any game, but T-rex himself. Like 'ol Homer in the simpsons parody of the same story, Mr. Eckles accidentily steps of the protected path onto the prehistoric ground, crushing a rare insect. When the hunting party returns, not all is as they had left it.....

Actually, in the story, the ironic twist ending is finding out Eckles had stepped on the butterfly, end of story. At six pages, the film makers needed a bit more material to run with so they have "expanded" the concepts a bit here. Apparently we get to go in depth into exactly what has happened to the world after the time accident. I am interested in seeing what they come up with, but like OG, don't hold out much hope for this being a great film. Bradbury is just so much fun to read, and his screen adaptations have been lackluster at best so far (to be fair, the made-for-tv version of The Martian Chronicles had some brilliant moments, capturing the Bradbury feel wonderfully, but overall was a poor adaptation; I would love to see it remade today with the right crew and budget).

Time will tell.

For those interested, peep the trailer here.

the only hayward man will ever need
in my honest opinion, i think the film looks terrible. i cant tell whether they are trying to hard, or actually taking the piss out of themselves. sure, bad cgi cant be that bad; thats if its done right, but thsi just looks stupid.

sorry.
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I felt like destroying something beautiful." - Tyler Durden

Originally Posted by hayward
in my honest opinion, i think the film looks terrible. i cant tell whether they are trying to hard, or actually taking the piss out of themselves. sure, bad cgi cant be that bad; thats if its done right, but thsi just looks stupid.

sorry.

No, it is I who am sorry. I must ask, what did you say in that post. It is incomprehensible. Who are they? The people in the film, or the people making the film? The dinosaurs? How does one take a piss out of themselves, other than stop by the nearest bathroom? Also, to and too are two very different words, and substituting one for another turns normal sentences into confusing word jumbles. So, the film looks terrible, I got that much, but why is it bad? Bad CGI can't be all that bad, unless it's done good? Wouldn't that just make it....good CGI? People took the piss out of it? I think Bradbury might not be for you....

R.I.P Education

Originally Posted by Sedai
No, it is I who am sorry. I must ask, what did you say in that post. It is incomprehensible. Who are they? The people in the film, or the people making the film? The dinosaurs? How does one take a piss out of themselves, other than stop by the nearest bathroom? Also, to and too are two very different words, and substituting one for another turns normal sentences into confusing word jumbles. So, the film looks terrible, I got that much, but why is it bad? Bad CGI can't be all that bad, unless it's done good? Wouldn't that just make it....good CGI? People took the piss out of it? I think Bradbury might not be for you....

R.I.P Education
what? just because i made a typing error you criticse me on my comment? basically what i said in that was that the film looks ****! it seems that Ray Winestone chooses every film that goes past him, without reading the script, and joining in on a terrible film. and the statment as in they is everyone involved in such a crap film. bad films, can be good: for example: if a film is really really ****, but makes you laugh becuase of it, then it is good. some cgi can be bad but good because it makes the film funny. now theSound of Thunder cgi is awful, and doesnt look likea case of 'so bad its good'.

Ok, touche on the typing thing, but really, special effects don't make or break a film. The source material is solid, so there is a chance it could come out decent. Unfortunately, you could be on the right track with this one, as the director (Peter Hyams) has had a few bummers lately, such as the terrible End of Days. But, this is a Ray Bradbury story, and many consider him one of the best classic fantasy fiction writers of the 20th century. Some of his other works include The Martian Chronicles, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and Farenheit 451. You may have heard of some of these, no?

im not denying that he is an impressive writer its just i cant see how this one will be good. sure, the story is good, and its not just to cgi that i think is bad. judging from teh trailer ray winstone looks as wooden as keanu reeves and i dont think that he can pull it off.

i may be wrong . . .

im not denying that he is an impressive director its just i cant see how this one will be good. sure, the story is good, and its not just to cgi that i think is bad. judging from teh trailer ray winstone looks as wooden as keanu reeves and i dont think that he can pull it off.

i may be wrong . . .

Well, as far as Winstone in concerned, you are probably right, as he DOES look a bit wooden. I could deal with Keanu in The Matrix though, so hopefully I can deal with Winstone here.... Time will tell.

lets setlle our differnces and wait until the film is released beofer passing more judgements.

Sure, no prob. Just one more question. It seems Ray Winstone has nothing to do with this film, at all. He isn't in it. he is doing a voice over for the new Chronicles of Narnia movie that is coming out soon, but not Ray Bradbury's A Sound of Thunder. So....we have nothing to worry about.

Isn't it Edward Burns and Ben Kingsley that are in this movie?

im not denying that he is an impressive director its just i cant see how this one will be good.

What the hell are you even talking about? Ray Bradbury is a writer, not a director.

And where the hell did you get the idea that Ray Winstone was in this?

im pretty sure i saw his mug in the trailer - but i think im getting confused with someone else.