Most Memorable Character(s)?(Good Or Bad)

Tools    

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Do you use your ignore list Slay?
There are a couple of people I want to use it with, but none as yet.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally posted by LordSlaytan

The Wizard of Oz came out the same year, and I bet that Dorothy is more well known than Scarlett. Not many children have heard of Gone with the Wind, but they've all heard of the former. Now since children comprise a large part of the movie watching market, I would suggest that Dorothy has it.

Now take some damn riddlin, prozack, or any anti-dick medicine that you can find. These forums aren't wrestling rings, so check your attitude at the door. Pretty soon I'll be putting you on my ignore list, and I wouldn't doubt that others follow suit.
by all means put me on ignore, Scarlette O'Hara is more memorable because shes the most interesting dephted character and she also gets out to the book crowd too. And all children grow up and the ones that have seen the Wizard of Oz will most likely see parts of or all of GWTW and if not will certainly know who the character is though

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I don't know who is the most memorable Vid, it is subjective. Just because you feel that you are right about it, doesn't necessitate it as fact. As far as Scarlette O'Hara being known because she is a household name, doesn't mean she is the most memorable in the truest form of its meaning. Hearing of and remembering a character are seperate things compared to a character being memorable. I've heard of, and remember Howard the Duck, does that make him memorable? Not in my opinion, I usually don't want to think about him, but Indiana Jones? Hell yes! He's memorable. We all love that character, and might recall him favorably. Maybe it's just me that see's it that way, but my kids love Dorothy. If they've heard of Scarlette, she isn't memorable to them. Not like Dorothy.

As far as putting you on my ignore list...I know you could give a rat's behind whether I do or not. It would be nice if your attitude changed so maybe the people here could enjoy your opinions and desire dialogue with you. It seems that a lot of times I wind up cringing when I see your posts, and that's not fun at all. This forum has been known to have people that can debate and even argue without lashing out. I'm really not saying I'm perfect, because I've been pissed before and attacked someone here, but I've learned that it's more enjoyable by giving some respect. Obviously your an intelligent person, just try to be civilized as well.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I really am not one to talk, since I have been known to explode all over the place and take out a few innocent bystanders, but I do agree that people need to be more civilized in general on the boards. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Most memorable characters:

Travis Bickle
Chewbacca
The Cowardly Lion
Hannibal Lecter
Freddy Kruger
Rupert Pupkin
The D.I. from Full Metal Jacket
Indiana Jones
Leatherface
Alex from a Clockwork Orange
Dr. Zaius

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Was that last one for real, or were you just getting the ultimate kick out of adding a monkey?

Correct me if im wrong, but does the title still say "Most Memorable Character(s)?(Good Or Bad)"?
Fact or not, who really cares about Scarlett O Hara? i sure as hell dont,gimme Micahel Corleone any day but thats me, i respect the fact that you like this character,thats great,grand,wonderful, let me buy you a beer, but i wasnt asking for THE most memorable character.these are opinionated threads here, lets not tell each other who the most memorable character is, but lets say who YOUR most memorable character is.everyone is entitled to their say, so go ahead and say it. LordSlayton is right, no need to lash out

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Was that last one for real, or were you just getting the ultimate kick out of adding a monkey?

Little bit from collumn A, a little bit from collumn B. I'm a huge Planet of The Apes fan, though.....

I See You When You're Sleeping
Christian Slator in Heathers

Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner

Jack Nance in Eraserhead

Bill Pullman in Lost Highway

Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead

Bill pullman isn't memorable in lost highway, he's only in a small part of the movie and he's hardly a character but more of a guy that just walks around, he has no defining scenes on screen in that movie, if anyone is memorable in that movie its the mystery man with the video camera.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I thought that choice might stir up something. Yes when YOU watch the movie he probably is the most memorable. You're not wrong at all. I see Bill as being the most memorable because he is the main character, even though he is two people. You see him at the beginning (if it is the beginning - different thread) and at the end.

Ok my list, now, no one has to agree with me, although some people have already listed a few i like so I will put a few they haven't mentioned.

ATTICUS FINCH

BABY JANE

Highlander(Christopher Lambert)
Jason Voorhees
Micheal Myers
Freddy Kruger
William Wallace(from Braveheart)
Rick(from Casablanca)
+ much much more

and you can have all this and a set of ginsu knives for the low low price of $3,500.
sorry but we do not accept CODs

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
1. Gen. Jack D. Ripper from Dr. Strangelove OR: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb
I'm so glad you mentioned him! When discussing Dr. Strangelove, his name almost never comes up as a classic character. Sure, people love talking about George C. Scott and Peter Sellers, but they leave my man Sterling to die. I don't know why this is..to me he has always been one of the most memorable characters ever (much less villains).

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I'll do a few that I don't think have been mentioned...

(no order)

Sam Spade-The Maltese Falcon

The Marquis de Sade-Quills

Royal Tenenbaum-The Royal Tenenbaums

Rick Deckard-Blade Runner

Sanjuro-Yojimbo

Sherlock Holmes and Watson-Murder By Decree and/or Without a Clue

Lenny Nero-Strange Days

Alex DeLarge-A Clockwork Orange

Jack Vincennes-L. A. Confidential

Harry Callahan-Dirty Harry

Also, add everyone from The Fifth Element. Oh how I love that movie...

A system of cells interlinked
Characters I remember the best....

Mr. Glass - Unbreakable
The Gemini Killer - The Exorcist III
Edward Scissorhands
Gollum
Darth Vader

Oh and last but not least

Scarlet O' Hara - Definitely the best Star Trek Captain yet!! The fact that she was in the olympics also puts her over the top for me.

Tony Montana from Scarface...
The Dude from The Big Lebowski
also Walter Sobchak from the same movie...

and a special one, the leader of the knights who say "ni" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I can't believe nobody has said one of the best comedic performances of all time (okay, maybe in my opinion)...

Dr. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray)

A couple others on nobody's list.....

Phil Connors (Bill Murray - Groundhog's Day)
Ebenezer Scrooge (Michael Caine - Muppet's Christmas Carol - amazingly the best Rendition of Dickens' work I've ever seen, and you try acting along side Muppets!!!!)
the Devil (Al Pacino - Devi's Advocate)
Pres. Andy Shepherd (Michael Douglas - American President)
Louis Rothschild (Michael J Fox - American President)

Oh, and to help settle an argument, I am 23 and have never seen Gone with the Wind but have seen The Wizard of Oz.

Drexl - Gary Oldman - True Romance
Floyd - Brad Pitt - True Romance
Donny - Steve Buscemi - The Big Lebowski
Jesus - John Turturro - The Big Lebowski
Begbie - Robert Carlyle - Trainspotting

To naem a few memorable characters/performances.