Shows as good as Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, & The Walking Dead?

Tools    

I'm in the second season of The Sopranos and I'm getting bored with it if I'm to be honest. It's gotten very redundant. Is it going to break out of that or is this the way it goes from now on? I really liked the first season, but I feel like it's spinning its wheels now.

It picks up strong in season 3 & 4. The last season 5 was broke up into two parts, and it fell off some.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Thanks. I'll stick with it then. I guess most series have a season that's inferior to the rest of the seasons.

I haven't seen Homeland mentioned here. I'm liking it a lot.

If you like zombies/horror types(The Walking Dead) I really really recommend the French series Les Revenants/The Returned.

But be warned, it's not zombies in the sense of The Walking Dead - there is hardly any 'zombie gore' and most of the gore actually comes from a serial killer instead.

It's a mellow series and takes its time(eight episodes in the series) with lots of characters to follow, more of a supernatural/'ghost' story with people coming back from the dead than the 'zombie series' it was advertised as.

I recommend it though, to me it's one of the best series out in a long time and now one of my all time favourites.

Trailer:

It's ok, I'm still not really 'there' with it and I don't get excited about the next episodes, but that's probably just me atm. Everyone else who sees it seems to really enjoy it. I would say that the word zombie shouldn't be anywhere near this, though. It's much more in the mould of a supernatural/ghost story.

I wouldnt say this is as good as Thrones, B Bad, or Dead, but Ive really enjoyed the first season of this Showtime series, and the finales next sunday. I'd say its at least as good as Hell On Wheels.

Ray Donovan

If you liked The Sopranos then I think you'd love this series.

I've never seen the Walking Dead, but Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad are awesome. There are not a lot aof shows I've seen that are better.

If sitcoms counts I'd say Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Community, The IT Crowd and Arrested Developpment

Other than that Prison Break is better than these 2 imo, Lie to me was fantastic, but it got cancel and I'm watching Hell on Wheels right now and I prefer it to Breaking Bad and GOT.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

I'll say it though.

I like Boardwalk Empire more than breaking bad.

The Simpsons and Arrested Development are the only shows I prefer to Breaking Bad, although The Office (US) and 24 both give it a run for its money. I really, really like The Walking Dead, but it's too flawed for me to put it in the very top tier of shows, unless it really impresses with season 4.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Seriously only one mention? Y'all mofos need Mad Men.

Mad Men is an excellent TV show. Almost flawless in how subtle and well written it is.

I think that Boardwalk Empire is the 3rd best show after GOT and BR BA. House of Cards is rather good, as is Hannibal.

As much as I love Breaking Bad and GOT, Mad Men is the best thing on television. My third fave show ever behind The Sopranos and The Shield.

Well I didnt think the day would come. Theres a show thats EASILY as good as the big three.

HBO's True Detective with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. This is without doubt the most gripping and terrifying show on television. Theres only 8 episodes total though, and the 5th one just aired sunday.

This is the story of two men that worked as homicide detectives in who the hell knows where, Louisiana 17 years ago. There was an exceptionally grissly murder case they supposedly solved. Now the killings are occurring again, and theyre brought in seperately and questioned on the case and surrounding events. Thats such a bare bones description, enjoy

I don't think there are any shows as good as Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, nevertheless here are a few that come close:

The Following
True Detective
Haven
The Returned
American Horror Story
Dexter

I don't think there are any shows as good as Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, nevertheless here are a few that come close:

The Following
True Detective
Haven
The Returned
American Horror Story
Dexter
Dexter 1-4 is amazing, but the last 4 are horrible imo. I'd also say that i hated AHS Coven.

I watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 and wondered what all the fuss was about. Guys that used to drink at work and screw around whoopedidoo! Does anything really evolve from first half of season 1 or do I pretty much know the highs and lows of watching the show?

A system of cells interlinked
The Walking Dead is terrible, and doesn't belong in a list with any good shows, let alone great. Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are both amazing, though.

Meanwhile - you MUST watch Orphan Black, which is my favorite show on TV right now.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 and wondered what all the fuss was about. Guys that used to drink at work and screw around whoopedidoo! Does anything really evolve from first half of season 1 or do I pretty much know the highs and lows of watching the show?
I'd like to know that too, as I felt the same way you did. Sometimes it takes multiple tries before a show clicks with me, but there was nothing about Mad Men that makes me want to give it another chance.