Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Tools    

Twister meets Signs meets Field of Dreams meets Close Encounters.
None of these has outer space scenes, though, right? (I'm not sure as I haven't seen all of them)

I think this will be a film that is divided in two big parts. The first part will be on Earth and the second part will be in space.

Personally, I'm especially looking forward to what will happen in space, both cinematically and plot-wise. After seeing Gravity last year - which most of you know, is a film that I repect a lot and really loved - I've become quite interested in the representation of space in cinema and I've been watching quite a few films that are set there over the past few months. I have confidence that Nolan's vision will be at least interesting.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Looks like a fun blockbuster, but it doesn't look like he's moving out of comfort zone at all however.

I understand that he is Hollywood's big filmmaker right now, so he's trying to make films digestible for all audiences. This one certainly evokes similarities to "2001", "Contact" and the heart-tugging sentimentality of Speilberg films. This is definitely going to be a big hit with general audiences, and I'll probably like it as well. But i'm sure those naive about cinema will hail it as some sort of masterwork.....as always. My personal favorite Nolan film is The Prestige which I saw rather recently. I enjoy his tight thrillers alot more than his blockbusters.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

My personal favorite Nolan film is The Prestige which I saw rather recently.
Represent!

I'm really interested to see how it turns out. Looks quite similar to Contact too, as others have pointed out.

I don't think Nolan is going to stop making blockbusters anytime soon. and it doesn't bother me at all. So far he hasn't made one movie that I consider truly great or a life-changing experience (and I don't expect him to make one in the future), but his films will always be enjoyed by casual moviegoers and that's what Nolan is always going for.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Hmmmm, don't really know what to think.

I don't get all the love for The Prestige which I didn't really like all that much considering I really should have: thriller, Christian Bale, and a weird David Bowie performance. The ending/twist is silly. But I do like Nolan and will watch this, especially with McConaughey.

As far as the trailer, I just saw it for the first time, was kind of a let down on first viewing. The last two batman flicks and Inception were some of the best trailers I have ever seen. The Dark Knight was probably the best trailer I've ever seen, hell it's the first trailer I remember people making parodies of it, FOR A TRAILER!

Now with that being said I'll watch it a few more times and digest it. I only say it's a let down compared to the trailers I mentioned, still a neat trailer. It just teases us with a little space action and that looks really freaking neat. Seems to be a lot more heart in this movie then his others, I could be wrong but just judging by the trailer it seems like it. Still will be my most anticipated movie all year, any movie he does will be.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Ok 2 things.

1.) I let the trailer digest a little more and it is as awesome as I was hoping. My first reaction was meh, but the more I watched it the more pumped I got.

2.) I went back and read this thread for whatever reason and after it was learned that McConaughey was the lead in here it was around last year in March. Before McConaughey's turn around was complete. There were a lot of I don't particularly like MM and despite him I am still looking forward to this movie. Any McConaughey doubters turned into believer now after this past year? I had nothing wrong with him but I was let down when he was announced last year but since then he knocked my socks off in DBC and Mud as well as a strong performance in Killer Joe. With an Oscar to boot. What is the verdict on him now? Surely more positive.

I'm so glad Spielberg isn't directing this. The wormhole effect looks very elegant.

Must be doin sumthin right
I'm so conflicted on Nolan because I want to hate him for his humorless/self-serious soullessness. Buuut I can't deny the filmic charge I still get from Memento & The Prestige which makes me think he must have a soul after all. And of course I wish all summer blockbusters had the ambition and vision and passion of something like this or Inception, even if I dislike them, instead of another comic book movie-cum-plastic lunchbox. Movie-cum-plastic lunchbox.

Here's the official trailer of The Interstellar:

Somehow seems as captivating (if not more) than Gravity. Come November and we'll find out.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Looks interesting. Christopher Nolan is abit hit and miss for me. I love The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Prestige, and Inception. But I hate Memento, insomnia, and The Dark Knight Rises.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Looks good, but I hope it's not completely contrived and out of reality, because god knows, not many of us are educated about black holes and real space travel. I'll just take Neil deGrasse Tyson's word for it when it comes out I suppose. I'd also like to be as complicated as Inception or Memento were. That was the fun of those movies mostly. At least for me. Should be a cool experience in IMAX or 3D, as much as I hate that gimmick.