What are the streaming services you use?

Tools    

Gone back to reading
I've reached my peak amount of subscribing to stuff, so let me confess to y'all

The Criterion Channel -- thee best
Mubi
Arrow Player
Netflix
Crave w/ Starz -- HBO shows are here, i can't get Max
Prime with AMC+ / MGM / Paramount+ / Hollywood Suite / Super Channel

and this one which i am ashamed of getting but it has a lot of good stuff, but i strongly disagree with the whole French Connection thing, but for the shows, and some of the movies ... Disney+

Free sites

Tubi
Shout TV
Kino Cult

oh and YouTube also

I am using Amazon pretty much exclusively right now. When I want to see something that isnt available on Amazon I make note of where it is available. I am going to migrate to Netflix someday soon and also get a Criterion Collection subscription and maybe Paramount Plus, but I dont want to scatterbrain my net activity and stretch myself thin. Amazon takes care of a large majority of the big movies youd want to see, so its working well so far.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
I use Amazon Prime, Disney Plus (piggybacking off a friend tho) and SkyGo.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

I subscribe to:

Amazon Prime
Apple tv+
Arrow
Criterion Channel
Disney+
Netflix

I have Crave through my cable provider and I use Tubi as well.

Criterion Channel
Mubi
Shudder
Recently picked up Fandor as an Amazon Video channel because I wanted to watch Cairo Station and literally wasn't available streaming anywhere else (also only $4/mo it sounds like).

Also periodically turn on KinoCult.
It's not inconceivable I get Arrow+ at some point in the future, but on the other hand, I've already got so much to watch, IDK, if I need to add more (plus, I buy a lot of Arrow stuff on iTunes when it goes on sale really cheap).

Amazon Prime
Disney+
Hulu
Max
Netflix

I use Hulu the most. Strong anime selection, strong selection of recent and old movie releases and all of the FX programming I love like What We Do in the Shadows (obviously), The Bear and Reservation Dogs.

The one I'm the most eager to drop is Netflix. Besides Cobra Kai and Stranger Things - and who knows when they'll come back with the strikes, for which they shoulder part of the blame for happening - I'm not excited about any of their other programming any more.

I also use Tubi fairly often, and there's another site like it called Plex for which I've built a watchlist, but I haven't used it yet.

Just today I cancelled my subscription to Paramount Plus after only a few days of using it. I wanted to watch the old TV show The Odd Couple but so many freakin commercials that it drove me crazy. Plus they didn't have all the episodes of the series...what's up with that? I've streamed other old TV series and they didn't have all the episodes either.

So now I'm streaming 0.

Anybody ever have any issues streaming Netflix on their android phone? I have a 6 I believe...

I have not, but I think the Android OS is up to 13 so that sounds like a plausible culprit.

Unless the "6" refers to the phone model and not the OS, IE: you have a Pixel 6, or something.

BTW we have a lot of threads like this but it is kinda cyclical so I'm agnostic on whether to merge this with one of them.

Latest for me is I'll probably reactivate Netflix this fall (I've suspended it the last few minutes), I'm finishing up Yellowstone so Peacock'll be turned off indefinitely after that, and I'm probably starting Apple+ back up and just ploughing through like 10 (literally) series on there over the next couple of months.

Gone back to reading
You're welcome to merge

BTW we have a lot of threads like this but it is kinda cyclical so I'm agnostic on whether to merge this with one of them.

Latest for me is I'll probably reactivate Netflix this fall (I've suspended it the last few minutes), I'm finishing up Yellowstone so Peacock'll be turned off indefinitely after that, and I'm probably starting Apple+ back up and just ploughing through like 10 (literally) series on there over the next couple of months.

I have not, but I think the Android OS is up to 13 so that sounds like a plausible culprit.

Unless the "6" refers to the phone model and not the OS, IE: you have a Pixel 6, or something.
It might be, this version of it just came out last year, I didn't even realize I had the app on this phone until I got to messing around with it yesterday.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I have Paramount Plus with Showtime. I have Disney Plus but I will not renew my subscription. Occasionally I use Tubi TV and Pluto TV.

Mostly three or four...

Netflix, but the kids are the ones that hit this one the hardest
Disney+
Prime
Hulu

I also use Tubi and VUDU every now and then. We've gone through random periods of using TCM, Peacock, AppleTV, and a few others.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
https://www.youtube.com/@OldFilmsRevivalProject
but I'd happily use Criterion if it was available.
If I see a great movie, I'll look up the channel and check out the other movies. There's a lot of good/great not-so-popular movies. They recommended me Kazan's last good movie, "The Visitors" and the last 10 of 12 movies I watched this year that were good were thanks to YouTube and so many others that are out-of-print or not available anywhere else.

Netflix - had it the longest
Prime - won't lie, the free shipping factors in
Disney+ - my nieces account
Max - still have it for some reason even though I got rid of Spectrum

I want to check out Hulu and Paramount+ but as it stands I don't have the time to take full advantage of the ones I do have. I've always felt there's a tipping point. Like a crowded lifeboat. Someone climbs in, someone has to go.

For those who have it, how is the Arrow service? I'm not interested in the samurai stuff, but their selection of Giallo, horror, and cult films looks tempting (because I totally have the time to justify getting it).

For those who have it, how is the Arrow service? I'm not interested in the samurai stuff, but their selection of Giallo, horror, and cult films looks tempting (because I totally have the time to justify getting it).
It's worth it, especially if you like weird/offbeat cult films.