Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

→ in
Tools    

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
I thought the fridge was worse than the waterfall.

Fridge is the worst thing ever.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Saw this a second time the other night, and it's odd. I'm still disappointed with it, but only mildly. It's almost a complete 180 degree u turn.

Very enjoyable film. The bit with the monkeys in the trees is still **** though.

No, it isn't the worst thing ever. Not by a long shot. I do wish they'd done without it, however. Kind of amusing, but just plain took me out of the film.

The fridge isn't any more ridiculous or stupid than the giant perfectly rounded ball that Indy must escape from in the first film that most here seem to hold in such a high regard. How believable is that little piece of cinema? Seriously. Go and watch it again. Indy could have simply stepped back 2 feet and the ball would have just passed over his head, but apparently that gets overlooked by people such as yourself. If you must have realism then that movie right off the bat is a steaming pile of ridiculous garbage. And yet it isn't, is it? It was just (as mark already stated) a fun throwback to a much older genre of films and shorts from the matinée at the bijou days.

I have a question for you. Why did you go see it? You couldn't have possibly have been ignorant to what was going to be in this flick?

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
The fridge isn't any more ridiculous or stupid than the giant perfectly rounded ball that Indy must escape from in the first film that most here seem to hold in such a high regard. How believable is that little piece of cinema? Seriously. Go and watch it again. Indy could have simply stepped back 2 feet and the ball would have just passed over his head, but apparently that gets overlooked by people such as yourself. If you must have realism then that movie right off the bat is a steaming pile of ridiculous garbage.
There is a certain level of disbelief I am willing to suspend. Indy gets chased by perfectly round sphere carved from stone hundreds of years before anyone could do that? Perfectly fine. What happens with that fridge? That's just too much.

I am not someone who picks apart films for not being believable. I watch Godzilla films and ignore the fact that nothing that large and amphibous could exist or develop flame throwing breath. I do. I ignore the fact that everyone in the Rebel Alliance is a great shot but the Emperor's elite stormtroopers cannot hit the broadside of a barn. I ignore these things. So if I walk away from a movie saying, NO ****ING WAY, the film was just too much.

And yet it isn't, is it? It was just (as mark already stated) a fun throwback to a much older genre of films and shorts from the matinée at the bijou days.
Except that it is not fun, it is just dull.

I have a question for you. Why did you go see it? You couldn't have possibly have been ignorant to what was going to be in this flick?
I didn't expect what he did in that fridge. I didn't. Nor should I be asked to do so.

And I don't know how many times I have to say it, but it is NOT the believability issues which made me dislike the movie. It was the pacing, the lack of acting, the terrible writing, and so on and so forth.

Indy gets chased by perfectly round sphere carved from stone hundreds of years before anyone could do that? Perfectly fine.
Saw a documentary on one of the history-science channels last night where archeologists were investing dozens of large stone balls that are almost perfectly round somewhere down in South America. Didn't see any as huge as I remember the object in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but some were several feet in diameter--about chest high to some of the people appearing in the film--with weights that I think were measured in tons; at least hundreds of pounds. They found a place where the stones were apparently cut from a rock deposit and shaped; there were the ruins of some rocks that apparently broke or were abandoned when the spherical shape got out of whack. They also found rounded rocks that had been moved some distance from the quarry. The round stones were made by the Mayans or some such civilization that had long since disappeared. But the archeologists and local natives succeeded in reproducing those round rocks rather quickly, using other rocks to shape them through rubbing and grinding.

Therefore, it is possible that some pre-Columbian tribe in South America could have made large round rolling stones and positioned them in a possible trap as killing weapons. How probable, I leave to further discussion.

I'm less certain about pressure-sensitive triggers that cause arrows to shoot out of holes in a rock wall.

I like the movie for it's action and entertainment, but found that the plot was a little to far-fetched for the Indiana Jones series. It seemed to be a plot that you would find in the X-Files or a sequel to Close Encounter of the First Kind.

I didn't like how there were tons of CG used for the stunts. Where did the stunt-men of old go to?

thanks

Saw it, loved it, buying it and putting it on the top shelf with the other indiana box set. (mostly because the box the box set fits into wont fit into the grooves of the DVD rack itself) but still a worthy addition to the range in my eyes.

I don't really like adventure movies but my mates asked me to come so naturally I did.
The plot is very easy to work out, but it's still enjoyable, although Harrison Ford looks ancient. The special effects are quite impressive apart from the skull, which looks like it's constructed out of cling film. Nice enough but I wouldn't watch it again.
6/10

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I've heard a great deal that was bad about this film but upon watching it last night, I enjoyed it. I laughed a lot. It was not so terrible.