SONG TOURNAMENT XXX

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Dude. You know it's Tom Sawyer, right? HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW it's TOm SAWYER, YYZ, Spirit of Radio, most of Hemispheres, and like...3 songs off Snakes and Ladders.
I also love their synth era stuff, as well. Records like Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows are fantastic... I probably listen to that stuff more these days than their (amazing but overplayed) classic stuff.

I also love their synth era stuff, as well. Records like Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows are fantastic... I probably listen to that stuff more these days than their (amazing but overplayed) classic stuff.
Yes. But I'm still among 10 actual in a Rush concert. Probably the only one that was there of her own accord... *DUDE SNAKES AND LADDERS WAS GREAT.

Yes. But I'm still among 10 actual in a Rush concert. Probably the only one that was there of her own accord... DUDE SNAKES AND LADDERS WAS GREAT.
My wife is this massive Rush fan. She goes absolutely nuts at the shows.

Funny story. When we went to R40, some dude had brought a date, who clearly was just not feeling the band. So she sat on her phone texting for the entire show. My wife held her tongue for almost the whole night, but then finally looked over and said " How can you sit there and text while greatness is happening on the stage.", then looks at the dude and says "I don't think it's gonna work out, dude."

Yikes!

Slayer - Live Undead VS. Linda Ronstandt - Por Un Amor Old school Slayer tune wins. Slayer's lead guitar playing is total joke (Kerry King famously doesn't understand that music uses keys), so those sections of the track are laughably bad. The rest of the song is pretty bad ass though, especially Dave Lombardo's drumming. Never liked Linda Ronstadt.
I've always liked Slayer solos. I don't care if King is considered bad as long as he sounds good. And the main reason I like the whole South of Heaven album is it being so drums driven - Lombardo at his best is such a beast.

I've always liked Slayer solos. I don't care if King is considered bad as long as he sounds good. And the main reason I like the whole South of Heaven album is it being so drums driven - Lombardo at his best is such a beast.
That's the thing - he sounds terrible! It just drives me nuts when people play out of key. King always just seemed like a guy that wanted to enjoy being a rock star, but didn't want to put the effort into actually learning even the most basic aspects of how music fits together. Alas, he does it all the way to the bank!

That's the thing - he sounds terrible! It just drives me nuts when people play out of key. King always just seemed like a guy that wanted to enjoy being a rock star, but didn't want to put the effort into actually learning even the most basic aspects of how music fits together. Alas, he does it all the way to the bank!
I don't think King sounds terrible. Sure, I like Hanneman's solos much more but both of them fit the band really well and they both wrote great songs.

I don't think King sounds terrible. Sure, I like Hanneman's solos much more but both of them fit the band really well and they both wrote great songs.
I think they're both a bit ****.

(ok maybe not **** per se...just...not great.)

I haven't thought they've sounded good in some time. I honestly think the latest tour should be their last.

They're like the Status Quo of metal. Really time to lay it down.

I haven't thought they've sounded good in some time. I honestly think the latest tour should be their last.

With that I can agree. They should have quit when Hanneman died. The last good album they've done was God Hates Us All from 2001

With that I can agree. They should have quit when Hanneman died. The last good album they've done was God Hates Us All from 2001
We can agree on that. God Hates Us All was the last time they were to be taken seriously.

ROUND 1 DAY 5

Palome Faith - New York VS. Deadbolt - Tijuana Hit Squad

The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love VS. Martika - Toy Soldiers

Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror VS. Hel - Mörker

ZYX - Bad Manners VS. Zhou Xuan - Blooming Flowers and the Full Moon

Billy Talent - River Below VS. Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army

Digits - Lost Dream VS. Barenaked Ladies - One Week

The Three Degrees-When Will I See You Again VS. The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire

Rush - YYZ VS. Rage Against The Machine - Fistfull of Steel

Kokushoku Elegy - Kafun Hanzai VS. The Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Sick Puppies - You're Going Down VS. Queensryche - Empire

Rush - Marathon VS. Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

Isaac Hayes - Shaft VS. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

Lonesome Wyatt and Rachel Brooke - Don't Leave Me VS. 2NE1 - Come Back Home

The Kinks - Strangers VS. Linkin Park - What I've Done

Katatonia - My Twin VS. Frank Zappa - Why Does it Hurt When I Pee?

Slayer - Live Undead VS. Linda Ronstandt - Por Un Amor

Billy Talent - River Below VS. Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army (Me voting against Billy Talent? never gonna happen. and this song is childhood)

The Three Degrees-When Will I See You Again VS. The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire

Rush - YYZ VS. Rage Against The Machine - Fistfull of Steel (Not a fan of Rush and big fan of RATM so easy choice)

Sick Puppies - You're Going Down VS. Queensryche - Empire (High school days)

The Kinks - Strangers VS. Linkin Park - What I've Done (Same as Billy Talent never gonna vote against Linkin Park)

Let the night air cool you off

I Want You is my favorite Beatles song. Trip Hop is the weirdest genre. Frank Zappa is an alien.

Let the night air cool you off
My favorite thing about not being educated about anything is that things that might matter don't bother me in the slightest. Such as people who may or may not know how to play the instrument to which they are assigned.

R1D5

Deadbolt - Tijuana Hit Squad

The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love

Hel - Mörker

*Zhou Xuan - Blooming Flowers and the Full Moon

Billy Talent - River Below

Barenaked Ladies - One Week

The Three Degrees-When Will I See You Again

*Rage Against The Machine - Fistfull of Steel

Kokushoku Elegy - Kafun Hanzai

Queensryche - Empire

Rush - Marathon

Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

2NE1 - Come Back Home

The Kinks - Strangers

Frank Zappa - Why Does it Hurt When I Pee?

Linda Ronstandt - Por Un Amor

Other one is cool but you can’t go wrong with New York

LOVE THIS ONE!

*Michael Jackson noises intensify*

Paul Walker go boom boom xd

The guitar sounds like the stock sound effect of a screaming woman

No one can go wrong with Chef and his Chocolate Salty Balls

I dunno, why DOES it hurt when you pee?

The other one’s still good