Pets

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You gave them headlines just in this thread. As soon as you posted 'I hate breeders' I thought here we go.

You gave them headlines just in this thread. As soon as you posted 'I hate breeders' I thought here we go.
Are we even speaking the same language? Recounting personal experiences is not "giving them headlines."

My opinion on the matter has been formed from years of experience. You telling me to stop is going to change nothing. I will continue to hold and express my views as I see fit. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read my posts. I'm not going to stop being me just because you don't like it.

Are we even speaking the same language? Recounting personal experiences is not "giving them headlines."

My opinion on the matter has been formed from years of experience. You telling me to stop is going to change nothing. I will continue to hold and express my views as I see fit. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read my posts. I'm not going to stop being me just because you don't like it.
Did I tell you to stop? I don't recall where I said that. Please enlighten me. TIA.

Well you obviously hang out with pretty shady people because as much as some animal breeders are maggots, I know plenty of pedigree registered breeders who put the livelihood, health and placement of their litters first and foremost, so please stop generalising. SOME people who breed for profit are horrendous. SOME are not.
Speaking about every breeder I've dealt with in the last 16 years isn't generalizing.

Who do you get your pets from? You seem like a PETA supporter. Good luck with that if Ingrid Newkirk gets her way. Not only will you not have any pets but you wont have a job. ��

This thread needs some sunshine

Awww...

Here's Mushu after some breakfast tuna.

Is she black or chocolate, slam?

Did I tell you to stop? I don't recall where I said that. Please enlighten me. TIA.
Given that quote you were responding to, I still have ZERO regrets over putting that poster on ignore.

PS: There exist PLENTY of breeders who treat their animals well--that's who gave our family our dog years ago.

Awww...

Here's Mushu after some breakfast tuna.

I used to have a black cat like that. His name was "Jake". The only difference is that he was FAT as well as long-haired. He clocked in at around 29 lbs. Was a family cat. Yes, he was a real life Garfield.

I used to have a black cat like that. His name was "Jake". The only difference is that he was FAT as well as long-haired. He clocked in at around 29 lbs. Was a family cat. Yes, he was a real life Garfield.
Do you have any photos?

Holy hell I just converted that to kilos. He was 3 times the fat ass as my pug. Maybe he had some maine coon in him?

PS: There exist PLENTY of breeders who treat their animals well--that's who gave our family our dog years ago.

Exactly but V hasnt met any so they must all be bad. Maybe she just lives in an area that has a lot of amateur backyard breeders and oops matings. The breeder of my jacks became a member of our family, and my pug breeder gifted her to me and has become a very dear friend. Yeah horrible unethical breeder. She tube fed demented pug every 3 hours for three months, delivered her with toys, a year's paid up pet insurance and a fine bone china bowl, offered to pay when I had her desexed, sends her a xmas present every year, offers to board her in her house for free when we go on holidays. What a dreadful person.

Do you have any photos?

Holy hell I just converted that to kilos. He was 3 times the fat ass as my pug. Maybe he had some maine coon in him?
Not on me, no, but I'll see what I can come up with in the future.

Yeah, he was quite the butterball, LOL!

Have you ever seen those pet food feeders? You know--those trays of food with a container attached to it that holds a few days' worth of food that slowly dispenses into the tray as they eat it? Well, we went on vacation one time for a week and left him home. We had another family member come in two days after we left to check on him and the house.

Now, that container was advertised to contain a week's worth of food and was specifically designed for vacationing families who wanted to leave the cat at home. When my sister arrived there, two days later, she reported that he had eaten almost ALL of the food. A week's worth of food in TWO days.

He was such a butterball that he would even SIT like a human! He also frequently laid on his back, sprawled out, legs in the air.

My parents attempted to put him on diets and actually managed to get his weight down to 19 lbs.

He now lives with someone who is no longer part of our lives so I haven't seen him in a few years but, last I heard, he's no longer fat.

Despite his weight, the doctors all stated that he was perfectly healthy.

We found him outside--he was a stray and the last remaining survivor of an entire litter of kittens a stray cat had given birth to. The other babies had died/were picked off by predators and he was sort of abandoned. He was all skin and bone then and malnourished. We nursed him back to health and, upon discovering plentiful food, he just sort of fell into the niche of excessive eating. He would even whine when he was out of food EVEN if he wasn't hungry. We would fill his bowl with food and he wouldn't touch it. I think he just wanted the assurance that there was food around.

That cat was crazy--he even at Ramon noodles. LOL! He's also the only cat I ever heard SNORE while he was asleep. Loud snoring, too.

Exactly but V hasnt met any so they must all be bad. Maybe she just lives in an area that has a lot of amateur backyard breeders and oops matings. The breeder of my jacks became a member of our family, and my pug breeder gifted her to me and has become a very dear friend. Yeah horrible unethical breeder. She tube fed demented pug every 3 hours for three months, delivered her with toys, a year's paid up pet insurance and a fine bone china bowl, offered to pay when I had her desexed, sends her a xmas present every year, offers to board her in her house for free when we go on holidays. What a dreadful person.
Yeah, I mean--I HAVE seen horrible breeders. We had a pair as neighbors one time. The poor dog looked unhealthy and the people were complete freaks.

There is good and bad in EVERY category. One of my RELATIVES was a breeder and he's the one who gave us our dog.

My boy show dog tore his quad bouncing around like a lunatic when he was a puppy. His breeder offered to pay for his chiro bills. Eh wut? It was an injury on my watch, not her fault. She was at the forefront of JRT establishment and recognition in the world. I was devastated when she died.

My boy show dog tore his quad bouncing around like a lunatic when he was a puppy. His breeder offered to pay for his chiro bills. Eh wut? It was an injury on my watch, not her fault. She was at the forefront of JRT establishment and recognition in the world. I was devastated when she died.
That's extremely generous and kind of them to do that! Yeah, what a "terrible" breeder she was!

See, that's a great example of a good breeder right there! She obviously felt responsible for the animal regardless of anything. That's dedication right there. Very admirable.

Really lovely woman. I'll see if I can find a photo of her and her stunning boy at Sydney Royal (huge agricultural show at easter)

RiP my darling. Feisty lady.

and for animal lovers, this ag show is calling you for easter time

Is she black or chocolate, slam?
Mushu is black with a white blaze. She's quite glossy, so in pics her coat can shift.

Where's the blaze? She's so glossy I cant make it out.