Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It's a natural progression for Wong Kar-Wai. His 90s movies were about what it's like to be in your 20s, his 2000s work about what it's like to be in your 30s. So appropriately Wong enters the new decade with a film about what it's like to be in your 40s. Visually wonderful and filled with Wong's sensuous pleasures and heart wrenching feelings of longing.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Inferno

An interesting reimagination of Suspiria's intro.

I loved Suspiria, so I hope I'm gonna love this as well.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Finished! Gonna have a movie marathon today! Watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

I've never seen this movie from my favorite director. Good reviews from Gunslinger and BlueLion have given me the kick in the ass I needed-

Finished here. It's been fun.
Kids

Touch of Evil (1958)

Need to see some more Orson Welles.

Band of Outsiders (1964)

After this I suppose I should stop watching Godard for a while and start with Truffaut.

Tonight I feel like watching Ted. Something funny for sure. I loved this movie.

Interesting film that one Mark. I've long been curious about the history of France during WW2. I've lived there for a while and visited almost every year for thirty years, and have talked in the past with older people about being in an occupied country. There was sometimes a reluctance, a pursing of lips, a shrug of the shoulders during conversations about life during the war. It's very hard to look at another country and wonder about the extent of collaboration when your own country happily escaped such a fate.