Evil Dead Box Set!?

Tools    

I got the tin case for ED2 and AOD and I have seen the case for ED1. Theyre all rather costly limited editions with the edition number stamped on the back, and are pretty big. The tin case looks a lot cooler than a regular dvd case, and it holds a lot of extras. Both AOD and ED2 came with a rather thick booklet of photos and text along with postcard photos. Pretty badass if you're a fan.

About 3 years ago they released the tin cased limited editons of ED1-3 all within months of each other. During that time I pre-ordered Ed2-3 at Suncoast. However I also saw a few on display at Best Buy during this time. Theres not too many around now since theyre limited edition and most of the people that bought them are probably hardcore Evil Dead heads that tuck their tin case under their pillow at night. I went on ebay and only saw 1 copy of ED2 tin case, but Im sure others will pop up on ebay from time to time.

I just discovered my Evil Dead boxset doesnt actually have the S-Mart ending, unless i just cant find it. I always assumed it would be there
two-disc looks like its gona be brought back again

On my Evil Dead box set, it says on the back that the S-Mart ending is included in the deleted scenes. But I can't find it anywhere.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
If you guys want to insist there is an Evil Dead DVD boxed set, go right ahead. I don't think there ever was, and even if there had been (there wasn't), it wouldn't have include the three SEs (released in 1999, 2000 and 2001 individually), so why bother with such a set if you're a fan?
I have an evil dead box set called Evil Dead Trilogy: The definitive Evil Dead collection. It contains Evil Dead, Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn, Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness & a bonus disc featuring original 4:3 unmatted version.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Special Features

Disc 1 - Evil Dead

Audio commentary with writer/director Sam Raimi and producer Robert Tapert

Commentary with star Bruce Campbell

Talent bios for Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert

Theatrical Trailer

TV spots

Fan analysis

Discovering Evil Dead - Featurette

Outtakes and deleted scenes

Photo and stills gallery containing 137 stills

1 easter egg

Presentation 1.85:1 enhanced for 16 x 9 TV's

Dolby 5.1 surround

Digital surround 6.1 DTS-ES

2.0 Dolby surround (french and english)

Disc 2 - Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn

Audio commentary with Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert and Bruce Campbell

Trailer

Making of featurette

Disc 3 - Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness

15 minutes of additional footage including the original ending

Audio commentary with Sam, Bruce and Ivan

4 x Previously deleted scenes

Directors storyboards

Widescreen presentation enhanced for 16 x 9 TV's

Disc 4 - Bonus Disc

The Evil Dead - 1.33:1 Full screen unmatted version

Featurette - The Living Love The Dead

Featurette - Dead Good Marketing

Featurette - Bruce Campbell: Geek or God?

The Incredibly strange filmshow

Antihero - EVIL DEAD inspired music video

2.0 Dolby Stereo

Optional 5.1 Stereo

Digital Surround 6.1 DTS-ES

have seen 'within the woods' it was really really what is the word i am looking for, oh yeah crappy.. btw the cabin they used for the evil is located about 45 minutes from my house though its not standing anymore, always wanted to go see it.. i love my evil dead tin lunch box & thermos & hey it just cost $10, not bad

Originally Posted by supervixengirl
have seen 'within the woods' it was really really what is the word i am looking for, oh yeah crappy.. btw the cabin they used for the evil is located about 45 minutes from my house though its not standing anymore, always wanted to go see it

I own the Evil Dead prequel Within the Woods. It is sweet.

It's so awesome you live 45 minutes from the location.....it's a historical landmark !!!!

idk the directions to get up to the location, all i know is that it was filmed in morristown or i would so be there.. jsut another bit of info, the dude that played michael myers in halloween 2 lives about 8 - 10 minutes away, he is like 100 ok maybe not that old but he is a true old geezer, he is dick warlock, does alot of stunts for movies, i think he still lives here, havent heard anything about him leaving.. idk within the woods it looked just cheesy but then yeah that may have been the effect they were going for

this is a pic of dick warlock with the mask, they did a story about him for our local newspaper

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I have JUST bought the Book of the Dead, and it ONLY cost me $25 BRAND NEW!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some random scans (I am SO excited about this aquisition, it adds so much to my fledgling collection)

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
A bunch of stuff from the Necronomicon, a little booklet high-lighting the movie, and explaining it's journey thropugh video stores everywhere..... The pictures are so cool though.

best buy rocks. i got the book of the dead edition for $20! i was like holy **** and grabbed the last one. do any of you own that evil dead 2 tin box edition? they're pretty rare. i can only find them on ebay, but i don't trust ebay.

ebay can get you lots of great things, such as my DVD recorder for £193 when it retails at £299.99, you should trust ebay, however the USA is a lot bigger than the UK.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/227385

Even though it's no longer "available" there are more sets of the trilogy out there.

Suspect's Reviews