Ron Paul 2012 Support.

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The fact that you have to give so many other issues you've talked fervently about the shaft to do so. But as I said, my main concern is not why you prefer him to Romney, or whoever, but why you spend so much time supporting a candidacy that you admit you find extreme on almost every issue. You say he has no shot, anyway, so why not dedicate your time to pimping Nader or Kucinich? Your support of Paul is, as I said, odd to me, but it's the amount of time and effort you put into supporting him that's downright inexplicable.

Well first off, there is no way the Dems are gonna run Obama through the meat grinder of a Primary, so that means Kucinich would have to run as an independant, and he has no where near the profile required to make that work.

however, this idea was bandied about in 2008,

i think with Pauls advanced age, they may give it a go. Its a game changer. Not that i think they can, win, because i don't, but because it will get the meat on the table. Less of the 3 G wedge issue posturing, and more brass tax, rubber meet the road sort of Debate.

Which will be a welcome change of scenery imho.

Kucinich was who the Dems should have ran in 2008, but Dennis K didnt offer up concessions to the Financial giants in exchange for Campaign dollars. He's a principaled fellow. Unlike Obama who gives wishy washy a new figurehead. Its the Golden Rule. Whoever has the Gold makes the rules. Obama was easier to buy outright.

A system of cells interlinked
Read a great article from a pissed off progressive today. She still dislikes Paul, but she goes to bat for him a bit, and some of the things she says near the end of the article apply to this thread, which I will paste just below the link to the full article.

Pollitt's Perplexity...

"Here’s my other question: Why does this have to turn into a “guilt by association” debate? Why can’t we discuss the questions that are being raised as serious and important questions, rather than referendums on voters’ or pundits’ moral character? I don’t have to like Ron Paul (and why do we need to LIKE our politicians?). I don’t have to have dinner with him. He doesn’t need to be a friend. He is raising the questions that every other liberal and progressive and feminist (yes, including you, Katha) should be raising and forcing the Democrats to address. As Greenwald as pointed out, these issues only become outrage-worthy when the Republicans are spearheading human rights violations, because it gives the libs and progs a lever by which to claim political superiority. The silence on the Democrats’ record of human rights violations is deafening. And they’re more than cherries on a blighted tree. They’re dead bodies on the blighted conscience of Americans."

Semper Fooey
She supports his stand on one issue, foreign policy, the one area where leftists have a similar position to isolationists on the right. Criticism of Paul about the views expressed in his newsletter has always been less about if he is or isn't a racist as it has been his less than candid explanations of who wrote what and when did he know what was in it and the amount of editorial control he had. I also am a little confused to exactly what she is saying. I suppose it is Ron Paul's view on race and other matters doesn't make his position on American interventionism less credible. I suppose not if you agree with him on that and nothing else, but so what? If someone thinks Ron Paul's view on foreign policy is so important, they should look pass other issues where they are in strong disagreement (perhaps Dexter Riley's view) then fine. But when it comes to supporting a presidential candidate most of us look at all of their positions, their entire record, and look at other things as well like character. This person seems to be looking at Ron Paul strictly as a protest candidate because she regards him by her definition the only peace candidate. Previous peace candidates like George McGovern and Eugene McCarthy had a much less isolationist world view than Ron Paul.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I got into it with a lady friend of mine earlier today and she said this:

"I don't CARE, Mike...I just don't...I don't care if everything else about the man is sunshine and rainbows and he is the perfect man for the country. I disagree with his stance of Pro-Life and I know he just want to take my rights away, and as a free-thinking female, I can't stand for it."

I showed her the stated positions about the Constitution protecting her rights and that Paul stood behind that, but that his PERSONAL views were that of strong pro-life.

I asked if she felt she was being manipulated with an issue that was clearly emotional for her, and she said "probably".

Which is why health care issues shouldn't be political bargaining chips, but we are way too far gone for that...

And yes, i feel like this girl went off the deep end a couple of times, actually, but I liked the stuff I bolded in regards to discussion....

That always happens; Paul's fans flood every online poll. As always, it's an indication of the fervor (and relative youth) of his supporters. I'm pretty sure he scored highly on topics he was hardly even talking about last night.

Well first off, there is no way the Dems are gonna run Obama through the meat grinder of a Primary, so that means Kucinich would have to run as an independant, and he has no where near the profile required to make that work.

however, this idea was bandied about in 2008,

i think with Pauls advanced age, they may give it a go. Its a game changer. Not that i think they can, win, because i don't, but because it will get the meat on the table. Less of the 3 G wedge issue posturing, and more brass tax, rubber meet the road sort of Debate.
All true, but as you admit, none of them have a real chance, and it doesn't even look likely Paul will run as a third-party, so why not go nuts for the guy you actually agree with on most issues, as opposed to the one you think is crazy and extreme on all but one? Surely you can see how that's odd. If your goal is just to move the debate (which is a good goal most of the time, IMO, as opposed to compromising just to win), that's all the more reason to support the guy most closely aligned to you. Or heck, at least a guy you agree with on more than a single issue, or whose positions on other issues you don't straight-up hate.

What of the abortion/religious stuff? What led you to believe he didn't want to overturn Roe v. Wade, or had views on religion and politics consistent with your own? It's one thing to overlook these differences, but it's another to not know what they are.

Semper Fooey
Ron Paul out of more friendly Iowa and New Hampshire found South Carolina's debate audience to be real hostile to his foreign policy views.

Some sources are rating him for the first time to be a loser in those winners and losers analysis of the candidate's debate performance.

Not even sure who takes the place holder here....

Ron Paul said he would eliminate our debt instead of liquidate it like the others do, he would legalize gay marriage and give back some power to the states.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
If I was a US citizen voting I would take a big black marker pen into the voting booth and write RON PAUL!!! on the card (yes I know probably electronic voting now).

**** the red and blue puppets.