The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

Tools    

I still haven't been able to finish the first part, sorry but I loved LOTR but The Hobbit IMO just sucks, makes a great animated film but not a very good movie.
Well, considering that I think that the greatest of all films is animated I find such statement a bit prejudiced.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
The second part looks really cool. I enjoyed the first one more than I thought I would and the fact that more characters from LOR are being introduced makes me happy.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I can't wait. I guess I'm in the minority, but I loved the first Hobbit. I went with my girl and two of our mutual friends, and we had a wonderful time, laughing and enjoying the film. It was probably my favorite movie going experience of last year. I can't wait to see the dragon come to life on screen!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The trailer looks epic, and I'm definitely looking forward to this film. Especially the part with the giant spiders
I do, however, strongly dislike the fact that they show Smaug in the trailer. It would have been so much better if they had saved the reveal for the movie. That would have been like if they showed Two Face in the trailer for The Dark Knight, or Thanos in the trailer for The Avengers. People who make these trailers seem to forget too often that less is more.

I think once I read some negative criticism, I liked The Hobbit even more. The pace of the movie is slower than LOTR for example, which can cause some people have found boring. In my case, at the end of the movie I was so involved in the new mystic that cant wait for the second part of the film.
Peter Jackson is making a great effort and risks of expanding a very different story in three parts, and some people forget that he doesnt have the same freedom that he had in the LOTR trilogy. But I trust in the good work he has done.

I just heard this morning that Benedict Cumberbatch is the voice of Smaug in this movie, so now I'm even more excited. Theater, take my money!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
My monies are on Sherlock.

really..........?

I really look forward to it. The first one flew by for me so quick, it was as if it was a short clip. So always good to have more

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really enjoyed the Hobbit and I saw the trailer recently for the second part and im really looking forward to watching it.

I am the Watcher in the Night
The Hobbit was ok but there were some major and honestly, completely unnecessary plot changes. Why the hell is the pale Orc still alive??? This isn't a revenge tale! Did Jackson even read the book? He obviously didn't understand the tone and overall message.

This seems to make even more befuddling changes...why is Legolas there? This is essentially Lucas fiddling with his Star Wars franchise on a constant basis, trying to make everything fit together. I just don't understand the changes.

And before any of you get started, yes I know there were changes to the LOTR trilogy but many of them were small and necessary to streamline the final product...these changes seem to be there for no reason what so ever.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I havent read the books (to my shame)

*gets coat and leaves thread*

New trailer for this one, i have to say , it looks amazing.
&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for the share, it looks great! I cannot wait - however they don't need to make the trailer so long, gives way too much than is needed after half way I was convinced.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I just hope there is less filler this time around but that's unlikely. The Battle of Five Armies is probably going to drag on for ages and Thorin still has bump off that pale Orc at some point.

looks awesome. the only thing i'm not excited for is legolas appearing, because i don't see how they can do that without it feeling forced and like pure fan-service. otherwise i'm optimistic.