First Movie You Loved

Tools    

Either ET or Karate Kid.

Definitely Spielberg's JAWS. Never forget watching it on TV when I was about 10 years old (this was in about 1982), and my cup of tea went everywhere when Ben's head popped out of that hole in his boat. It's still an amazing film to this day.

James

Awsom 50 - The Online Source for Action Movies

I'm far to old to remember the first movie I ever saw...

but the one that got me really passionate about film and sci fi in particular was Star Wars (my mum made me take my little brother to see that *star trek* film before he *drives me crazy*

Thanks Mum

back to the future 1,2,3!

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
pretty much all the disney classics - snow white, cinderella and especcially peter pan--the opening music titles still make me feel like im five years old again

The Adventure Starts Here!
First movie I can remember wanting to see over and over was Blazing Saddles ('74, I was 13). That's when I fell in love with Gene Wilder. But, we saw it at a drive-in with my parents (I was supposed to be nodding off in the back seat of the station wagon but I was wide awake) ... so I didn't have much opportunity to see it again at the time.

Then, in '75 when Young Frankenstein came out, I was already a huge Wilder fan (member of the fan club and several scrapbooks ... don't get me started) ... so I saw that one TONS of times in the theater, with friends, family, anyone who would go.

Naturally I own them both (in VHS and DVD now), but at the time I also had the vinyl soundtracks, the movie posters, and the T-shirts. (Yes, the T-shirts.)

The next big non-Wilder film that I went bizarro over was All That Jazz in '79. First year of college, away from home in Pittsburgh, and they played it at the Chatham Theater downtown. A friend across the hall in my dorm and I would take the bus straight downtown on Wednesdays (cheap ticket day) and must have seen this movie four times that way. We just couldn't get enough of it for some reason. To this day I still can't explain it. And I've seen it semi-recently and still can't pinpoint the appeal.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I can tell you what Yoda's first big movie excitement was (since he's not jumping in himself, for some reason). He was 2 years old and his dad and I took him to see what he called for months "Da Mouse Movie." (It was "The Great Mouse Detective.") His first theater experience.

We sat on either side of him, with the big bucket of popcorn on his lap (took up his whole lap, little guy!). He was a little scared when all the lights went out but we both patted him and assured him it would get really good really soon.

And it did! He sat there staring wide-eyed at the screen quietly for the whole movie, but didn't say a word (which, trust me, was unusual for him even back then). He slowly ate popcorn, clutched the bucket, and stared. His dad and I were sure he was scared and unwilling to say anything.

Well, as soon as we got outside after the movie, he started chattering about "Da Mouse Movie" like it was the highlight of his life. He wasn't scared -- he was just taking it all in. He couldn't stop talking about it for days and would tell anyone who'd listen that he got to see "Da Mouse Movie."

So cute.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Let's see....let me open up the vault and dig around and see what I can remember...

Being born in the early 80's, I grew up with films like E.T., Short Circuit, Batteries Not Included, Flight of the Navigator, and Labrynth, it's really hard to pick one. Naturally, all these movies nowadays are way out of date, but back then, they were right up a kids alley, at least mine anyways.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Muppet Movie. This is the very first movie that I remember seeing numerous times. Obviously Star Wars was a big one as well, but I have to go with The Muppet Movie because I think that I saw that first, and the Muppets were my favourite TV program at the time it came out. Oh and the original Superman with Christopher Reeve, which I was not allowed to see at the cinema when it came out because I was only 4 years old, but I saw it at my nan's house when it came on TV and it had a huge impact on me. Still a movie I can watch over and over again.

Annie!

It was also the first movie I had ever seen in a theater. I was but a little girl!

"Tomorrow...tomorrow...I love you, tomorrrow"

OpaSteve]Either ET or Karate Kid.[/quote]

Ohhhh yeah...LOVED Karate Kid.

A Clockwork Orange... Really opened my eyes as a teenager...

ghostbusters or back to the future

WATCHED IT BACK TO BACK AS A CHILD, IT HAD AN AWESOME SOUNDTRACK AS WELL.

Originally Posted by uconjack
Most people may not remember but I know the first movie I really loved was

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

Mine is kinda gay..

You know Bambi, the cartoon one about the deer.

I loved it so much I named my dog after the deer lol

The Little Mermaid...learned every song!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Out of Africa was the first film I saw that combined incredible cinematography, great acting and an excellent story. It was one of the first I saw at the theater more than once. (When you're paying for movie-watching with babysitting money, that means a lot.)

gremlins,beverly hills cop.

Originally Posted by spudracer
Let's see....let me open up the vault and dig around and see what I can remember...

Being born in the early 80's, I grew up with films like E.T., Short Circuit, Batteries Not Included, Flight of the Navigator, and Labrynth, it's really hard to pick one. Naturally, all these movies nowadays are way out of date, but back then, they were right up a kids alley, at least mine anyways.
Those three movies are probably the best things to ever be captured on film, ever.

Remember in flight of the navigator when he sets off all the fire works, I wanted to do that but my parents said I'd burn the house down. Being a kid when those movies was the best thing that's ever happened. I heard Jesus was even jealous and wanted to be born again but God was like, "Nope, you're grounded. Go to your kingdom and think about what you've done." So he couldn't be born in the early 80's. I'll probably tell him all about it though if I got the chance.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

A system of cells interlinked
Good 'ol Pimp