Oppenheimer

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I think seeing a nuclear blast on an IMAX screen is better than any scene from any Tom Cruise movie. So Tom can suck it
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

BKB
I think seeing a nuclear blast on an IMAX screen is better than any scene from any Tom Cruise movie. So Tom can suck it
Just out of curiosity, but did Cruise run over your dog or what that you have this grudge against him?? They really should've opened Nolan's movie in the Fall because this is a movie that people generally don't care about in the Summer at the movies.. I guess we shall see how well this does, but it looks boring and aimed at a certain audience..

Twas sarcasm

But the guy is full of himself and so used to getting his way that I do kinda enjoy seeing him squirm.

I enjoy the Mission Impossible franchise, but Nolan is well known for shooting in IMAX so it makes sense they would bump MI. And it’s not like MI is anymore relevant than a typical summer Marvel movie.

EDIT: Plus, Nolan is doing something groundbreaking for IMAX by shooting in a new B&W film stock. Whereas MI is just more of the same; Tom jumping around to prove he can.

BKB
Twas sarcasm

But the guy is full of himself and so used to getting his way that I do kinda enjoy seeing him squirm.

I enjoy the Mission Impossible franchise, but Nolan is well known for shooting in IMAX so it makes sense they would bump MI. And it’s not like MI is anymore relevant than a typical summer Marvel movie.

EDIT: Plus, Nolan is doing something groundbreaking for IMAX by shooting in a new B&W film stock. Whereas MI is just more of the same; Tom jumping around to prove he can.
This just doesn't seem like a movie you show in the Summer and would be more suited in the Fall around award season?? Seriously, a Giant Prehistoric Shark is going to dominate the box office in just 2 months to the point where Nolan's movie will get lost in the shuffle and it doesn't deserve that..

This just doesn't seem like a movie you show in the Summer and would be more suited in the Fall around award season?? Seriously, a Giant Prehistoric Shark is going to dominate the box office in just 2 months to the point where Nolan's movie will get lost in the shuffle and it doesn't deserve that..
I think the reasoning behind it is Nolan’s name puts butts in seats, and a lot of IMAX theaters are in destination spots (i.e. people typically take their one vacation in the summer). So while it’s true that a movie like this isn’t typical for summer the conditions in which most people would see it on IMAX only take place in the summer.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Damon had a Cruise story on the Smartless show 🤩

I haven’t watched any trailers for this, but you can’t avoid the fireball/wall shot. The sound of it will probably rattle the fillings out of your head and I’m sold.

I’ve always said a good IMAX experience is like an amusement park ride. The John Wick Mustang on the airstrip scene probably still holds the crown imb. Tom Cruise couldn’t beat that with Maverick 😋

BKB
I think the reasoning behind it is Nolan’s name puts butts in seats, and a lot of IMAX theaters are in destination spots (i.e. people typically take their one vacation in the summer). So while it’s true that a movie like this isn’t typical for summer the conditions in which most people would see it on IMAX only take place in the summer.
Yeah?? Well DUNKIRK didn't exactly do very well, Nolan's name attached or not.. I feel like Nolan could make a movie involving paint drying and the Obsessive Nolan fans would show up to watch it??

Yeah?? Well DUNKIRK didn't exactly do very well, Nolan's name attached or not.. I feel like Nolan could make a movie involving paint drying and the Obsessive Nolan fans would show up to watch it??
what kind of paint we talking? matte or semi-gloss?

What exactly would a Chris Nolan horror movie look and sound like?

Suboptimal if not seen in 70mm.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Too loud with unintelligible dialogue and that Hans Zimmer brrrraaaaa noise on the soundtrack.

It made half a billion dollars worldwide. The only metric under which it didn't "do well" is "did it make a totally bonkers amount of money like Batman?"

And the mention of "Obsessive Nolan fans," similar to replies in other threads, suggests a weirdly personal component where box office is important only so it can be used to take fans of <whatever> down a peg, I guess? Seems petty and pointless to me.

Box office receipts are not a score we use to determine who's right to like or dislike a thing.

Cruise vs. Nolan

Experience it in IMAX

Rated R
I'm a fan of both Chris Nolan and Tom Cruise. But Tom does seem to have a king-sized ego. But he still is in the right to be angry. What's wrong is that he resorted to demanding screens from Margot Robbie's film Now Barbie that won't play in the theater I go to now. Christopher Nolan is a genius. He made Imax more money than tom cruise with his dark knight trilogy Interstellar, Dunkirk, and Inception. Tom Cruise should be more respectful because he's looking bad in more ways than one.

I'm very interested on this, but for God's sake somebody please ban Nolan from participating personally in the promotional phase of his films again. These last weeks/months have been completely deranged with the whole bunch of "I don't use CGI!", "an actual atomic explosion?????? [clickbait]", the vacuous comments on the film length and weight and Chris having an extensive opinion on every single seat at the movie theater. What a guy.

I'd blame the journalists/websites before I'd blame Nolan. He's probably just giving standard promotional interviews and answering the questions he's asked, and then they're reframed to be as dramatic as possible.

Anybody wondering how this got an “R” rating? Probably not why you would think…

Anybody with any
Peaky Blinders fanfic they’ve been waiting to see played out…