Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

Raiders of the lost ark
Temple of Doom
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

Pretty close to how I rank them, but they're all close for me.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade (a close second)
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom (Kalima just didn't do it for me)

-Adam

Join Ben and Adam live every Sunday night 6pm EST on http://mixlr.com/next-level-radio/
www.nextlevelradioonline.com
Twitter: @NXTLevelRadio
Facebook.com/nextlevelradioonline

copy/paste---

I started the 2nd sequel. It turned out the movie’s story is set in India and had our own Amrish Puri and Roshan Seth starring in it. (How did Amrish Puri agree to act such a role? Just for Hollywood fame?) I wont describe the plot and lengthen my post. An Indian village was shown where people spoke god knows which language and of course few spoke English!!!!!! The most disgusting scene of the movie and which made me scream out of indignation”Is THIS a Spielberg creation? What was he thinking? Shame Mr.Spielberg” was a dinner scene at the Pankot palace of Bhanpur. In this scene, 1st dish to be served was “snake surprise”. A huge boa was served and when its stomach was cut lots of little snakes crawled out and people aka Indians ate that. Then next on menu were beetles whose shells Indians cracked and slurped the insides with the heroine (Kate Capshaw) gaping at them and ready to puke. Are you too feeling gross? Wait, there’s more. Then the heroin asked for soup seeing such food and she was served soup with eyeballs in it. The dessert was a monkey’s head on a cup with head split and Indians eating its brain with spoon just like icecream. I’m ready to puke now!
Maybe if we really ate that stuff, George Bush wouldn’t have blamed us for price rise. Then maybe SPCA and PETA would have targeted us!!

More absurd and demeaning scenes of a cult of “Thugees” (whatever that means!) who were Kali worshipers were shown. (I think its the practice of sacrifice to Ma Kali that fascinates Western people and inspires them to cook up gory stories). People were made to drink human blood and were thus hypnotized to follow the cult leader, Amrish Puri. He was shown to punish by digging his fingers right into the offender’s bare chest and grab his heart out!!!! By the love of god, that was the height of preposterousness.

Well maybe I’m being too harsh. The mine chase sequence was definitely nicely wrote and shot. But that doesn’t make up for the image portrayed of Indians and their diet. No wonder Western people have strange ideas about India, Indians and their cultural and religious practices, India’s mysticism (e.g. snake charmer found in most cartoons where the snake stands up and is used as a rope to climb or an ascetic on bed of nails or flying carpet). A person like Lucas or Spielberg who are making sci-fi movies should have at least done little bit of research into India before showing such ridiculous and offensive stuff. Neither it can be enjoyed for the sake of fun nor can it be included under artistic license or cinematic license. Any true blue Indian will be enraged at such depiction. I was.

http://opinionsandexpressions.wordpr...indiana-jones/

copy/paste---

I started the 2nd sequel. It turned out the movie’s story is set in India and had our own Amrish Puri and Roshan Seth starring in it. (How did Amrish Puri agree to act such a role? Just for Hollywood fame?) I wont describe the plot and lengthen my post. An Indian village was shown where people spoke god knows which language and of course few spoke English!!!!!! The most disgusting scene of the movie and which made me scream out of indignation”Is THIS a Spielberg creation? What was he thinking? Shame Mr.Spielberg” was a dinner scene at the Pankot palace of Bhanpur. In this scene, 1st dish to be served was “snake surprise”. A huge boa was served and when its stomach was cut lots of little snakes crawled out and people aka Indians ate that. Then next on menu were beetles whose shells Indians cracked and slurped the insides with the heroine (Kate Capshaw) gaping at them and ready to puke. Are you too feeling gross? Wait, there’s more. Then the heroin asked for soup seeing such food and she was served soup with eyeballs in it. The dessert was a monkey’s head on a cup with head split and Indians eating its brain with spoon just like icecream. I’m ready to puke now!
Maybe if we really ate that stuff, George Bush wouldn’t have blamed us for price rise. Then maybe SPCA and PETA would have targeted us!!

More absurd and demeaning scenes of a cult of “Thugees” (whatever that means!) who were Kali worshipers were shown. (I think its the practice of sacrifice to Ma Kali that fascinates Western people and inspires them to cook up gory stories). People were made to drink human blood and were thus hypnotized to follow the cult leader, Amrish Puri. He was shown to punish by digging his fingers right into the offender’s bare chest and grab his heart out!!!! By the love of god, that was the height of preposterousness.

Well maybe I’m being too harsh. The mine chase sequence was definitely nicely wrote and shot. But that doesn’t make up for the image portrayed of Indians and their diet. No wonder Western people have strange ideas about India, Indians and their cultural and religious practices, India’s mysticism (e.g. snake charmer found in most cartoons where the snake stands up and is used as a rope to climb or an ascetic on bed of nails or flying carpet). A person like Lucas or Spielberg who are making sci-fi movies should have at least done little bit of research into India before showing such ridiculous and offensive stuff. Neither it can be enjoyed for the sake of fun nor can it be included under artistic license or cinematic license. Any true blue Indian will be enraged at such depiction. I was.

http://opinionsandexpressions.wordpr...indiana-jones/

I don't get the backlash against TOD for being racist against East Indian people. Yes the villains are East Indian but so are the innocent children and villagers Indiana is helping. The villains were portrayed as loathesome, ugly figures as they should be and are not truly reprensentative of Indian culture, just like the Nazis aren't representative of Germans as a whole.

I don't get the backlash against TOD for being racist against East Indian people. Yes the villains are East Indian but so are the innocent children and villagers Indiana is helping. The villains were portrayed as loathesome, ugly figures as they should be and are not truly reprensentative of Indian culture, just like the Nazis aren't representative of Germans as a whole.
the food habits of indians shown in the film are totally opposite to the truth . indians were shown as a nation of savage barbarians in the film . the food stuffs shown as eaten by indians ( as described in my earlier post ) are not eaten by indians at all .

in fact about half of indians are vegetarians and those who eat meat do so only sparingly . mostly indians ( those who consume meat ) eat chicken fish and mutton , thats all . not even beef and pork . yet they are shown consuming monkey's brains and snakes and whatnot in the film .

and when indiana lands in india he is immediately surrounded by about 25 beggars begging for food . again this is deliberately done to create an image of india as full of beggars .

I always viewed the occupants of Pankot Palace as a renegade group so to speak, different from Indians as a whole including their eating habits, and the Thuggees ravaged the village, which is why it was poor.

I might have asked a few pages back, but anyone ever marathoned the whole series in a row in one sitting? I've done it many times, so fun to do.

1. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
2. Last Crusade
3. Temple Of Doom
4. Crystal Skull

So disappointed in Crystal Skull, really hoping the next one restores my faith in the franchise..

May have asked this before a few pages back, but relating to the series, anyone ever done an all-day marathon of the series? I've done so many times with all four films in a straight row, one of my favorite series to marathon. I usually like to watch them in release order beginning with Raiders, given TOD's much more frantic pace that can make adjusting to Raiders' more subdued pacing a little tough when watching it right afterwards.

I can't remember if I asked before, but anyone ever been on the Indy ride at Disneyland? Been on it a few times, very fun ride that captures the feeling of being in an Indy film. Haven't been on it in years.

I can't remember if I asked before, but anyone ever been on the Indy ride at Disneyland? Been on it a few times, very fun ride that captures the feeling of being in an Indy film. Haven't been on it in years.
I went on it in the mid 90s. Still slightly disappointed they didn't model it after the mine cart chase in TOD, but it was a lot of fun.

and when indiana lands in india he is immediately surrounded by about 25 beggars begging for food . again this is deliberately done to create an image of india as full of beggars .
Pretty sure that wasn't Spielberg's intent. The people in that village were starving as a result of the oppression they suffered at the hands of emperor and his people, as is clearly explained in the movie. These starving villagers are also portrayed as being very generous towards Indy, Willie and Short Round. Remember the scene at the village where Willie doesn't want to eat the food the villagers offer her and Indy scolds her for embarrassing him and insulting the villagers because "that's more food than these people eat in a week"? Yeah, such a horribly demeaning portrayal of those people.

More absurd and demeaning scenes of a cult of “Thugees” (whatever that means!) who were Kali worshipers were shown.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuggee

The movie doesn't exactly give an accurate representation of what the real Thuggees were all about, but it's a Hollywood action adventure movie that doesn't accurately represent ANYTHING, including the work of archaeologists. I wouldn't take any misrepresentations personally.

I went on it in the mid 90s. Still slightly disappointed they didn't model it after the mine cart chase in TOD, but it was a lot of fun.

Quite evident TOD was a big influence on the ride, though. I wouldn't be surprised if when it was brainstormed if the mine cart scene in TOD served as the genesis.

On the subject of a new film, I also wonder if an animated series might be done somewhere down the line like for Star Wars or even some canon animated films? It'd be an easy way for Ford to reprise the character since he'd just have to record voiceovers.

Slightly off-topic but I recently ordered the Blu-ray set with all four Indy films and should receive it by the weekend. Can't wait to see how they all look in HD. I've read Raiders looks like a recently released film in HD.