Movie Satans

Tools    

If we're counting "Hades," then there's Ralph Fiennes.

Although the 2010 movie was horrible!!! Best to stick with the classic Clash of the Titans from 1981. "Release the Kraken!"

P.S. Most people don't realize that the "Kraken" never should have appeared in Clash of the Titans because the legendary sea creature is from Norse mythology... not Greek!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
That "baby" grows up to be Daimon Hellstrom!

Well then he's way more awesome than I give him credit for! That comic was great!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I always wondered how Marvel got away with it. Can you imagine the pitch? "Yeah, we want to do a comic for kids all about Satan... or his son... the son of the Devil... and he's a superhero!"

It always just struck me as weird that there was a comic book called The Son of Satan = Rosemary's Baby in kiddie form! And not an underground comic either, but a mainstream one with the Comic's Code Approval on it no less!

But then it seemed the 70's kind of had this fascination with Satan - lots of rumors of Satan worshiping cults that sacrificed babies and virgins (all of which turned out to be untrue) and lots of movies about said cults and people being possessed!

(Here's hoping Marvel puts out the Son of Satan in an epic collection volume!)

If we're counting "Hades," then there's Ralph Fiennes.

Although the 2010 movie was horrible!!! Best to stick with the classic Clash of the Titans from 1981. "Release the Kraken!"

P.S. Most people don't realize that the "Kraken" never should have appeared in Clash of the Titans because the legendary sea creature is from Norse mythology... not Greek!
I liked the way Fiennes played Hades, and the visual effects that went with the character. Actually, I thought the representation of the gods in the film was far too much like their Norse counterparts.

I thought the film was a missed opportunity. I haven't seen the sequel.

My favourite Hades was Robert Stephens in The Storyteller: Greek Myths. Unbelievably good.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I always wondered how Marvel got away with it. Can you imagine the pitch? "Yeah, we want to do a comic for kids all about Satan... or his son... the son of the Devil... and he's a superhero!"

It always just struck me as weird that there was a comic book called The Son of Satan = Rosemary's Baby in kiddie form! And not an underground comic either, but a mainstream one with the Comic's Code Approval on it no less!

But then it seemed the 70's kind of had this fascination with Satan - lots of rumors of Satan worshiping cults that sacrificed babies and virgins (all of which turned out to be untrue) and lots of movies about said cults and people being possessed!

(Here's hoping Marvel puts out the Son of Satan in an epic collection volume!)
I hope so too! I am a huge fan of 70's Marvel.

Satan was going through a revival, with the Exorcist and the Omen being popular movies.

She looked amazing but Elizabeth Hurley was terrible in that movie, though I don't think anyone really noticed.
Agreed. I think the original Bedazzled (1967) was much better (with Peter Cooke & Dudley Moore). It had an overall low-budget, late sixties feel which kind of gave the movie its charm along with the "Britishness" of the stars. The American version (2000) just didn't seem to click.
The original wasn't perfect, but little things that made it were the philosophical discussions between Cooke & Moore, some of which were hilarious.

I just remembered Jack Nicholson in The Witches of Eastwick but thankfully someone already mentioned it. How could I forget him!?

I liked the bit at the end where he turns into that giant – creepy as hell – and then ends up as a tiny, vulnerable pixie. Reminded me a bit of the Leshy in Slavic folklore.

I forgot one I really like – Terence Stamp in The Company of Wolves. Apparently it was going to be Andy Warhol .

Senior year of high school, AP English class, we read the first few pages of Paradise Lost, and I would put my hands on top of my head like a pair of horns whenever Satan was mentioned.

Senior year of high school, AP English class, we read the first few pages of Paradise Lost, and I would put my hands on top of my head like a pair of horns whenever Satan was mentioned.
And nobody noticed ?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Gabriel Byrne - End of Days

Peter Stormare - Constantine

Elizabeth Hurley - Bedazzled

Viggo Mortensen - The Prophecy

Special shout out to Ray Wise from Reaper

Suspect's Reviews

Gabriel Byrne - End of Days

Peter Stormare - Constantine

Viggo Mortensen - The Prophecy

All excellent.

I hope so too! I am a huge fan of 70's Marvel.

Satan was going through a revival, with the Exorcist and the Omen being popular movies.
Just to let people know...

"Son of Satan Classic"
Due out in November 2016
Collects: GHOST RIDER (1973) 1-2, MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) 12-24, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 32, SON OF SATAN 1-8, MARVEL TWOIN-ONE (1974) 14

https://www.amazon.com/Son-Satan-Cla...s=son+of+satan

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I thought I remembered correctly. Only saw The Ninth Gate (1999) once.

Emmanuelle Seigner (Green Eyes, the Devil masquerading as a student).