Best movie about Aliens/UFO's

Tools    

My pick goes to either ET or Signs

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
The original The Day the Earth Stood Still would be one of mine and the only one that comes to mind right now.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
CE3K without a doubt. It's both the best UFO movie and the best alien movie. I don't count 2001 because you never see any UFOs or aliens. Close Encounters is probably the closest that Spielberg ever came to making a Leoneish operatic film, so maybe it's appropriate that Spielberg and Leone are duking it out in the Semis of our Best Director Tourney. Close Encounters is also perhaps Spielberg's most anti-populist entertainment/most esoteric flick ever which makes it difficult for me to listen to people who say that CE3K is weak, but the most obscure Lynch/Jodorowsky/Bergman/Fellini flick is Nirvana.

Far from the best or even beeing good but i just posted about it in another thread (dated movies) so i have it in my mind "independence day", awful movie but its fun to watch will smith kick alien butt.

*punch*, "welcome to earth" LOL classic

I haven't seen Close Encounters forever, so I can't say it's my fave.

My fave is Signs. I grew up with it, it was my first and biggest inspiration to make movies back when I made movies, and I've seen it a million times. I've also watched the special features a million times (I said it inspired me to make movies didn't I?). I still think it's an excellent flick.

Second best goes to Alien, very closely behind.

I really like Close Encounters (though I'm not sure it's for the same reasons others like it), but I also must mention The Man Who Fell to Earth.

Signs would come in second after Close Encounters for me. It's been forever since I've seen E.T., though, so upon a re-watch it may be placed somewhere high.

The Man Who Fell to Earth.
I just watched this the other day, David Bowie was the perfect alien!!!

Alien or Aliens? Or are these against the theme of the thread despite the way it's labeled?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I read it as something to do with the aliens/UFOs being here on Earth, but I guess I don't have a leg to stand on. Even so, Close Encounters...
Everyone read it like that, but it's not actually specific. Personally I'd go with Close Encounters as well but thought I'd post something different instead as it's already been said.

I just watched this the other day, David Bowie was the perfect alien!!!
I agree, and I imagine choosing him wasn't a stroke of genius; his whole persona at that time suggested something extraterrestrial. Having said that, his performance was one of those weirdly strong ones that non-actors can sometimes give when they're chosen for the right role.

Lilo and Stitch and Men in Black. xD

The Lord of the Rings

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the OP meant films in which Aliens/UFO's invade earth or just films about Aliens in general. If it's the former then I am going to go with Signs, a film a previously underrated until I rewatched it. In fact, I underrated a lot of M Night's earlier films. Still don't think that Sixth Sense is all that, though. [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/SSERAP%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/1/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

If it's the latter then i'm going to say Aliens.

Well, I have to pick this one if only because it's based on a true story. In fact it is the full story of what happened on that fateful day. They give you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimonies of the miserable souls who survived the terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places - my friend, they cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty, let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand
the shocking facts about...grave robbers from outer space?!?

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra