What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

Thanks, nebs. Feeling a bit better atm, but then, it's been about 90 minutes since I took the painkillers, so they'll start wearing off soon. On the plus side, I'm alternating between codine and Ibruprofen, so every two hours I get a boost of one of them. I also have a little alcohol on standby, should it get really bad again.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Enjoying some peace and quiet for half an hour while baby Sunday is asleep and the boys watch Cars for the millionth time. I think I've now seen Cars more than any other movie. I keep trying to get them to watch other things and Cars is rationed - last week we watched Beauty and the Beast and they quite liked that, but Cars is still favourite.

Thanks, nebs. Feeling a bit better atm, but then, it's been about 90 minutes since I took the painkillers, so they'll start wearing off soon. On the plus side, I'm alternating between codine and Ibruprofen, so every two hours I get a boost of one of them. I also have a little alcohol on standby, should it get really bad again.
You mention alcohol and shoulder pain and I immediately think of Kurt Russell in Death Proof .

Attempting to chat up a cutie to my right. Wish me luck (smells armpits).

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
If he's serious about training, I wouldn't go too easy on him. Getting clocked once in a while might motivate him to improve his technique!

Just finished doing some sparring. My friend has been wanting to learn basic boxing techniques so I was just showing him some mitt drills and your basic 1-2 and 1-2-3's for the past few weeks.

Today was the first day I sparred with him. He wanted to spar yet he didn't want me to punch him in the nose..so i'm like 'cool'. Then he said we should forget the mouth guards because he didn't want to spar with us hitting each other in the face...i'm like...'o..k, so you just wanna spar using body blows and such?' 'yeh, but not too hard init', the wimp said. I told him it'll be as bad if not worse than being hit in the face. He doesn't listen. Soo, arkward as it was, we spar with us just going to the body at about 60-70%.

We are the exact same height and weight, his technique is understandably unremarkable, but he gets a couple of good shots to my body, but after we finish a round he does the unthinkable and starts complaining about me BLOCKING his bodyshots with my elbows. He claims I wasn't just blocking but using my elbows to deflect his punches, telling ME 'that's not how boxers are supposed to block, we're not out to hurt each other' well **** me sideways if I hurt your arm a little. I couldn't believe me ears, proper having a go because I used my forearms and elbow to protect myself! Oh and I accidently gave him an uppercut to the groin area and he got all whiny about that too, as if I did it on purpose.

I told him he couldn't have this attitude if he was at a gym because they'd laugh and then just kick him out and that what i'm doing to him is NOTHING compared to what would happen if he trained properly. He doesnt' listen because it's 'just me' though. Disrespectful or what? No seriously if anyone thinks i'm in the wrong then please do not hesitate to tell me so. He gave me hard shots to areas and I never complained once. He wont' do certain warm up drills or exercises because he finds them '****' he usually just wants to do the mitts immediately. Am I missing something here??? If i'm gonna teach somebody something I want to do it properly even if it is just basic self defence, but to complain about scratches and ****ing bruises from me blocking is making me just want to give up on him. Talk about an uber wimp, never heard such weak talk in my life.

Sorry for the rant guys, I just hate people who complain about trivial ****. Well, at trivial to me at least.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
While i am feeling somewhat better, i havent heard any news on whats wrong with my dad yet. I am trying not think about it by taking Jules to swing later on....after she wakes up. Have a good day,mofos

If he's serious about training, I wouldn't go too easy on him. Getting clocked once in a while might motivate him to improve his technique!
You would think that, wouldn't you? But he is so undisciplined, so mentally weak and so fragile that he'll just throw a fit even if I hit him with 30% of my max force. It's ludicrous, texted me the other day after I had a go at him saying that 'don't give me that crap about it's normal to get hurt in sparring because that's a fairytale'. Sometimes I think i'm living in the twilight zone, man.

You know what, i'm gonna train with him this weekend and i'm gonna go hard on him like you said and see what happens. Hopefully it'll teach him to hold his hands up.

Just finished doing some sparring. My friend has been wanting to learn basic boxing techniques so I was just showing him some mitt drills and your basic 1-2 and 1-2-3's for the past few weeks.

Today was the first day I sparred with him. He wanted to spar yet he didn't want me to punch him in the nose..so i'm like 'cool'. Then he said we should forget the mouth guards because he didn't want to spar with us hitting each other in the face...i'm like...'o..k, so you just wanna spar using body blows and such?' 'yeh, but not too hard init', the wimp said. I told him it'll be as bad if not worse than being hit in the face. He doesn't listen. Soo, arkward as it was, we spar with us just going to the body at about 60-70%.

We are the exact same height and weight, his technique is understandably unremarkable, but he gets a couple of good shots to my body, but after we finish a round he does the unthinkable and starts complaining about me BLOCKING his bodyshots with my elbows. He claims I wasn't just blocking but using my elbows to deflect his punches, telling ME 'that's not how boxers are supposed to block, we're not out to hurt each other' well **** me sideways if I hurt your arm a little. I couldn't believe me ears, proper having a go because I used my forearms and elbow to protect myself! Oh and I accidently gave him an uppercut to the groin area and he got all whiny about that too, as if I did it on purpose.

I told him he couldn't have this attitude if he was at a gym because they'd laugh and then just kick him out and that what i'm doing to him is NOTHING compared to what would happen if he trained properly. He doesnt' listen because it's 'just me' though. Disrespectful or what? No seriously if anyone thinks i'm in the wrong then please do not hesitate to tell me so. He gave me hard shots to areas and I never complained once. He wont' do certain warm up drills or exercises because he finds them '****' he usually just wants to do the mitts immediately. Am I missing something here??? If i'm gonna teach somebody something I want to do it properly even if it is just basic self defence, but to complain about scratches and ****ing bruises from me blocking is making me just want to give up on him. Talk about an uber wimp, never heard such weak talk in my life.

Sorry for the rant guys, I just hate people who complain about trivial ****. Well, at trivial to me at least.
Haha, your friend shouldn't go to a boxing gym, ever. I remember my first weeks. I wasn't allowed to do any work on the heavybag or speedbag. All I did all the time was warm up, work on my stance and get my footwork down. When I had finally understood how to be in the proper stance, also whilst moving laterally, I was allowed to work the heavy bag.

So I'm all enthusiastic and I strap on my gloves and go to work. Next thing I know, my trainer slaps me in the face. I ask him: Hey, what's that good for? He just said: "every time you drop your hand, I'll slap you". I must've got slapped 15-20 times during that one session, but at the end I got it right.

Just one example of sparring: One of my first sparring sessions with my coach, there was this loud noise in my gym that momentarily distracted me, and I caught a big punch square in the nose that put me on my ass and had my face hurting like hell. Coach just looked at me and said: "Not everyone's gonna play nice like that, Christian."

Haha, your friend shouldn't go to a boxing gym, ever. I remember my first weeks. I wasn't allowed to do any work on the heavybag or speedbag. All I did all the time was warm up, work on my stance and get my footwork down. When I had finally understood how to be in the proper stance, also whilst moving laterally, I was allowed to work the heavy bag.
Hmm, you think maybe I should have dedicated a couple of weeks to the warm ups and stance and footwork?? He hasn't got a proper stance down and still doesn't know how to transfer the weight to his hips properly. He's one of those that just wants to hit the mitts all the time and spar without getting hurt

Yeah, the very notion of him training at a gym kinda makes me cringe too, to be honest. Just knowing how he is like, I am not sure he can take that type treatment. Knowing him he'd take it personally and end up never coming back which would just destroy his confidence.

Just one example of sparring: One of my first sparring sessions with my coach, there was this loud noise in my gym that momentarily distracted me, and I caught a big punch square in the nose that put me on my ass and had my face hurting like hell. Coach just looked at me and said: "Not everyone's gonna play nice like that, Christian."
Lol, I get that point of the punch but hitting you that hard is a bit ruthless, init? Still, as long as it improved you you can only be grateful in the end. I do try to old technique of just hitting my friend (somewhat) gently in the face everytime his hands lower when he throws a combination on the mitts. It never works.

Hmm, you think maybe I should have dedicated a couple of weeks to the warm ups and stance and footwork??
Yes.

He hasn't got a proper stance down and still doesn't know how to transfer the weight to his hips properly. He's one of those that just wants to hit the mitts all the time and spar without getting hurt
Then you push him down or over. His balance will probably be ***** as will his reaction time be, so just push him.

I do try to old technique of just hitting my friend (somewhat) gently in the face everytime his hands lower when he throws a combination on the mitts. It never works.
Then hit him harder. Either it'll work or he'll quit. He'll benefit of it either way.

Your right. I just have a strong feeling he'll quit and i'll feel a bit guilty for it even though I know I shouldn't. Still, you're right, it's gotta be done that way. No half way cats in this one.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have received many crazy, spammy e-mails before but never anything quite this insane. This was sent to me, allegedly from an e-mail address used by the Los Angeles Unified School District. Somehow they did send it to my actual address although they recognize me as "Allah Derek". I have no idea what happened to #3. Here it is:

Sale!
1. Heroin, in liquid and crystal form.
2. Rocket fuel and Tomohawk rockets (serious enquiries only).
4. New shipment of cocaine has arrived, buy 9 grams and get 10th for free.
Everyone is welcome, but not US citizens.
ATTENTION. Clearance offer. Buy 30 grams of heroin, get 5 free.
Prices upon reqeust:
Our email: [Removed, along with the phone and fax numbers]

Afghanistan

Is white trash beautiful
I just woke up and today will be my first day as a non smoker Hopefully all goes well.

Good luck, honey!

Don't listen to what anyone says, it's not that hard. Get past the first two days and the physical withdrawl and they're not part of your life any more. You're free! Everything after that is mind control and if you keep them out of your life, think about other things when you think about them, it's not that hard.

HK. Smoke free since Feb 2007.

Is white trash beautiful
Thanks HK, YA I'm not to worried about it,I got the patch on and I'm just gonna keep busy and enjoy my kids.I realized that If i want my kids to be healthy and not smoke when then older that I have to lead by example and plus Its time for Holly G to get healthy.

Plus rep for being smoke free since 2007.