Oscar's Best Actress 2022

Tools    

Which will be Oscar's next Best Actress?
33.33%
5 votes
Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
6.67%
1 votes
Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
6.67%
1 votes
Penélope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
0%
0 votes
Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
53.33%
8 votes
Kristen Stewart, Spencer
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The trick is not minding
Am I the only one who absolutely loved Being the Ricardos?

I think Kidman deserved her nod, for now, but I need to see the rest before I firmly decide on that.

Speaking of Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye was playing at the Warehouse Cinemas for one week and I missed my window to go see it upon release. Grrrr.

I’ll get to it Eventually…..

Am I the only one who absolutely loved Being the Ricardos?

I think Kidman deserved her nod, for now, but I need to see the rest before I firmly decide on that.

Speaking of Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye was playing at the Warehouse Cinemas for one week and I missed my window to go see it upon release. Grrrr.

I’ll get to it Eventually…..
As far as I know, you are the only one who loved Being the Ricardos...the only performance I felt was Oscar-worthy was JK Simmons as William Frawley.

The trick is not minding
As far as I know, you are the only one who loved Being the Ricardos...the only performance I felt was Oscar-worthy was JK Simmons as William Frawley.
Hard disagree. Kidman and Bardem are great in it. Even Shawkat was. I found it well acted, and well scripted.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...there was not a single moment during that movie that I ever believed Kidman was Lucy or Bardem was Desi...JMO.

All three of us (me, mark, and Yoda) on the Oscar Preview Podcast agreed the performances in Being the Ricardos were all good, especially Kidman's. Though I don't think any of us believes she will win Best Actress for it. None of us thought the film was one of Sorkin's strongest pieces either, though enjoyable enough for what it is.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
All three of us (me, mark, and Yoda) on the Oscar Preview Podcast agreed the performances in Being the Ricardos were all good, especially Kidman's. Though I don't think any of us believes she will win Best Actress for it. None of us thought the film was one of Sorkin's strongest pieces either, though enjoyable enough for what it is.
Right, I’m not arguing she should win, but rather pushing back against the criticism of her nomination.

I actually do consider this amongst Sorkin’s best works, certainly behind The Social Network, The Trial of the Chicago 7, and the The American President, and maybe one or two others, but it’s up there for me. Still need to round out his filmography just a bit, but I’m firmly believe it to be amongst his top writing.

I guess I’m in the minority here.

The Eyes of Tammy Faye leads to Jessica Chastain adding Best Actress Oscar winner to her resume. The film also won Best Makeup and Hairstyling in its only other nomination...though that did give it more Academy Awards than The Power of the Dog.

SO happy for Jessica Chastain, I knew it was going to be her or Stewart but couldn't make a final choice the way the Academy did. She was amazing in that movie.