franks cd reviewz

Tools    

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Linking park's coming out with a new CD? NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review "The Greatest Songs Ever Written" by NoFX.
Money tight around now. But ill see what I can do.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by gummo
I can't wait to see what you have to say about A Perfect Circle... I love the latest album
IMO one of the best rock/metal albums to come out in the last five years.

Originally Posted by Sedai
IMO one of the best rock/metal albums to come out in the last five years.
Defintely I ve been watching these guys since Mer De Noms
well Ill see u later Sedai I have got home work and reviews to write

And this is my BOOMstick!
Never mind about the Nofx CD, I got it today, definetely the best CD I own.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I haven't heard the latest A Perfect Circle album. I loved Mer de Noms as just about anybody did. The second album Thirteenth Step was absolutely dreadful and a 'step' backward for this already proven collaboration.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Love this thread. You would not mind if I did the same, would you? I listen to a lot of music myself. I would like to review some of my newest finds.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A perfect circle

Post grunge rocker's, Aperfect circle takes electronic melodys and mixes it with a slow grunge like sound. Filed with apocalyptic tracks like Annihiltion and Peace love and Understanding. There newer album emotiv is by far a half good and half horrible cd. There are tracks that show that they took time with and then other tracks thst just really suck. The top track Imagine ( originally by John Lennon ) has a sad piano, and a monno tone sound, that captures the rage of a political song but then just trashes it with crappy vocals, and late timeing on drums. Although its a good Cd but lacks feeling in Vocals, I feel that the cd was rushed and to rash. A perfect circle needs to get back to basics and keep it that way.
/

Jet

Want to relive the two best rock and roll bands to ever come out of the U.K.? Than buy this cd. Get Born a cd full of speed 60's and 70's rock really captures were the Beatles and Oasis left off.
The guitar nothing short of excellance and drumming that shows expierence, delivers the song and lyrics to the audience. Packed with excellant ballids as well as fast rock and roll like songs, Jet shows all they have to offer, and even more. Songs like look what youve done ( which is one of the best break up songs ever) and Cold hard bitch gives the band an edge over the other bands that are out. Lyrics are very good and gives the people the glory of a preordained Wonderwall or Hey jude like qualitys songs.

/

The Ataris

One of the first real Emo bands the Ataris are soon going to release their newest album so t prepare here is a review of their previous one. Left handed guitar vocalist Christopher Roe has a excelant knowledge of lyricism, and he flaunts it with So long Astoria. Beutiful soft and emo songs that express feelings about heart acke, family relationships and the Summer life, gives every one something special. A song for every one. The most heart crenching track on the cd is the "Saddest the Song", the tale of how a divorced father has missed time with his son. Although vocal wise and lryrics the album is very good, but intrumental wise its lacking. Virtually no rifs except, for "boys of summer", and no real good guitar chords it decreases the cds sound. You should by their other Albums before purchasing this one and their future release.

/

Well Im back and life is all in order. Im a bit rusty with the reviews but Ill promise Ill improve to were I was. Here is the last on

Never has album charmed me, like Where you Want to be has. Probaly one of the best Emo records ever, the stunning lyrics, the use of other types of insrtuments in the songs. This record has it all. If you need a cd to listen to on a rainy day this would be the best choice, for songs like New American Classic, to Set Phasers To Stun. I mean any one could love this cd. I think Taking Back Sunday raise the bar on how the future of emo and indie music will be herd for while.

!Key Tracksˇ
New American Classic
Decade Under The Influence

Rating: /

Eminem has done it again, he has produced an interesting 2pac record. I say interesting because I like to listening to the direction Em takes the songs in. Each produced track shows an interesting side to Pac, and how he veiwed things. Dead or alive this has to be atleast one of the best rap/hip hop records I have ever, with such songs like Ghetto Gospel ft. Elton John, ( thats right I said it, Elton John) is an excellant example of the musical genius that was Tupac Shakur. If you like intelligent hip hop, this is it at its best then. Pick this one pick up.

ˇKey Tracksˇ
Ghetto Gospel
Soldier Like Me
Thugs Get Lonely To
Rating: /

The Hot Hot Heat
“Bringing something new to the game”

The killers sound like Led Zeppelin on crack while Franz Ferdinad, sound like a techno verzion of The Who, and The Kinks, but The hot hot heat bring something new to the game. Canadian rockers The hot hot heat offer many new things in there newest Debut Elevator. Elevator has many good qualities of a good dance album, but many downfalls as a Alternative Rock record.
The lyrics are a bit different then most Alternative Rock groups such as
Alt text here
the Killers who sing about heart ache and death,
(I mean take there song Some Body Told Me. It sounds like a techno verzion of Lola)where as the Hot Hot Heat have songs about just partying and about nothing really. Althouhgh the cd has a good vocals from there lead singer Steve Bays ( who sounds just likeArt Barrios from audio karate),the guitar is very repeataive and brings down the sound of the cd, One step forward, Two stepps back is the reoccuring sound in Elevator. Elevator is overall
a good cd just dont expect to
fall in love with it over night.

Key Tracks:
Soldiers In A box
Island of an Honest Man
Shame on You
Goodnight Goodnight

Shamefull Tracks
(None)

Sounds Like
Besides the fact they actually sound original, they remind me of the Undertones.

Best Song(s)
Jingle Jangle
Middle of Nowhere

If you Like them Then You'll like:
Audio Karate

A system of cells interlinked
Sure man. What exactly do you need? Let me know exactly what problems you are having with the formating. Hell, it looks good to me as it is, but maybe I can help you tighten it up a bit....

Alt text here

THe Mars Volta: Frances The Mute
"Frances Should Stay Mute"
Heres my take on Frances the Mute. Basically they sound like an over dramatic Version of Led Zeppelin and all of the tracks total into 5 with an average rate of 32:min. Dude first of all if I wanted to hear basically the same song over and over again, Id record a tape of the word Chalopa said over and over, cause that would be better then hearing "All night I’ll hunt for you " (over and over monotonously. At least Rodriguiz shows his talent as a Psychadalic guitarist on this one, for it has non-stop solos and crazy ass hooks to keep anyone happy.
Alt text here
If it only wasnt for the crappy lyrics. Its as if they sat down in a room and said how can we make a quick son to satisfy our fans. I think the reason why this one stands out is the fact its not recorded on drugs, well I for one will speak for everyone when I say get back on them. Cause even there worst albums sounded better then frances the mute.

Key Tracks
The Widow

Best Tracks
L'Via L'Viaquez

Shamefull Tracks
Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus
Miranda, That Ghost Just Isn't Holy.....(dont feel like typing)
Cassandra Gemini

Sounds like
Welll something can sound so bad, Id say that they sounds like a new age Led Zeppelin but the fact is they just can't compete with the high standards of the new Alt. and Psycadalic rock scene. They need to improve on almost everything.
Rating:C-

Quick Read: Good Guitar Licks bad lyrics and long monotonous tracks