Tools    

The nominees are...

The Boy and the Heron
Elemental
Nimona
Robot Dreams
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

*fart - forgot to click the poll option
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This feels like a toss up between The Boy and the Heron and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. I haven't seen The Boy and the Heron yet. I thought Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse was one of the best films of the year though. Elemental and Nimona were fine. I haven't seen Robot Dreams.

The Boy and the Heron.

Leo was the best animated film I've seen this year and I'm disappointed that it was snubbed.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Spidey will almost certainly win - and it's not entirely undeserved - but if I were an Academy member, I would definitely have voted for either Elemental or Nimona

The latest Spidey was fun for sure, but it didn't seem to me to advance animation compared to that last installment.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've only seen Spider-Man and Nimona. Nimona disappointed me because it was so different from the source material but there was still a lot to like about it.

Just like Oppenheimer, this is also done and dusted. Spiderman. Upping part one was something of feat. But this one went miles above.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Alright, Miyazaki-san. That's a victory to be proud of.