Major League Star James Gammon Dies at 70

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

James Gammon, best known for his role as exasperated coach Lou Brown in Major League and its sequel, has died at the age of 70. Gammon passed Friday at his daughter's home in Costa Mesa, Calif., surrounded by family and friends, after a battle with cancer of the adrenal glands and liver, according to the Los Angeles Times. While Gammon was famed for his role as the manager of the Cleveland Indians in the much-loved baseball comedy, he also had notable roles in a variety of film and TV projects, including Silverado and Cold Mountain, and played father Nick Bridges to Don Johnson on Nash Bridges for five years.
-E!Online

Suspect's Reviews

Aw, I didn't know about this.

He cracks me up. I love the Major League movies. Especially the first of the two. I have quite a few of his films, actually.

R.I.P.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The weird thing was that for the longest time, I assumed that James Gammon was already dead. Then I realized that I had somehow mistaken him for Trey Wilson, the manager in Bull Durham who died shortly after that film was released. (Both films came out within ten months of each other.)

R.I.P., James Gammon and Trey Wilson.

Oh wow... I had not heard this... I loved him in Major League and as Johnson's father... he had a really cool voice...

Rest in Peace Sir...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Great role for him. Cant think of many who could have played it better.

[Introducing himself]

Willie Mays Hayes: Willie Mays Hayes. I hit like Mays, and I run like Hayes.

[to Hayes]
Lou Brown: You may run like Hayes. but you hit like sh#t.

RIP