I'm looking for some horror movie recommendations

Tools    

I have some guidelines that will help me with the recommendations

The Accepted

Slasher movies
I like a good slasher movie where you get some gore/violence and the hero or heroes succeeds against the killer. For example: Halloween and Friday the 13th.

Zombies, Vampires and Human like Monsters
I like watching these apocalyptic type movies. For example: Resident Evil.
(No bad or depressing endings like you see in the downer endings description)

Horror Comedies
For examples: Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead.

Revenge horror type movies
As long as the male or female survives their ordeal and gets back at their attackers. More violence and less nudity. For example: Carrie.

The Not Accepted

The foreign horror stuff, I just prefer English speaking horror movies let's leave it at that please

Downer endings - Basically where everyone dies or the villain/villains succeed and just walks off into sunset with nothing accomplished. Where's the next part at dammit - to me I find that a big waste of time especially when the movie is like an hour in a half to almost 2 hours.

No paranormal or ghost stuff, I find them annoying and boring. That goes for possession movies as well.

No black and white horror stuff, I like it when it's in color.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Green Room

The trick is not minding
I kinda liked the recent Army of the Dead. Lots of Zombies.
Antlers was decent. So was Willy’s Wonderland. Halloween Ends was a fitting, and surpassingly good, ending to the recent trilogy.

How about The Walking Dead?

How about The Walking Dead?
I love the walking dead, but I'm looking for movies, not tv shows

I kinda liked the recent Army of the Dead. Lots of Zombies.
Antlers was decent. So was Willy’s Wonderland. Halloween Ends was a fitting, and surpassingly good, ending to the recent trilogy.
Seen Halloween Ends and I liked, it was something different then having another movie where Myers goes on another killing rampage. I have not seen the other films, I'll have to check them out

The foreign horror stuff, I just prefer English speaking horror movies let's leave it at that please
Out of curiosity, why do you not watch foreign language films? Is it the reading subtitles aspect of them or something else?

Wrong Turn (2021)
Turistas
The Loved Ones
Girlhouse
April Fools Day (1986)
Seen all those besides Girlhouse, I'll have to check that one out

Out of curiosity, why do you not watch foreign language films? Is it the reading subtitles aspect of them or something else?
I'm just used to watching films in English that's all.

I'm just used to watching films in English that's all.
Fair enough. Just curious.

Also, when I get back from work, I can probably give some recommendations

Here's a list some fellow forumers made a while ago on the RT forums (this was before I joined though). There are some black and white/foreign language films there, but there's also plenty of color films as well.

https://www.listchallenges.com/100-h...films-to-watch

Not to knock off the older ones but Dawn Of The Dead (2005) was pretty damn cool with fast moving zombies and high resolution, a new thing at the time.

The Witch, AKA The VVitch, from 2016. You have puritans in the 17th century American wilderness, fear, strange things happening and nothing makes sense. It's about as disjointing as a movie can be, avoiding most of the usual horror movie devices.

The Witch, AKA The VVitch, from 2016. You have puritans in the 17th century American wilderness, fear, strange things happening and nothing makes sense. It's about as disjointing as a movie can be, avoiding most of the usual horror movie devices.

The striking thing about this one is simply how foreign it is to us today. The writer just plucked dialogue from the period and had people play it out seriously.

The striking thing about this one is simply how foreign it is to us today. The writer just plucked dialogue from the period and had people play it out seriously.
Being a history geek as well as a movie geek, I was impressed that a movie so far out of any mainstream horror, got a lot of things right about that period and the events were recorded as truth at the time. Some people really believed in this stuff. I can really imagine, being 3 thousand miles from home, in a alien land, surrounded by Native Americans who may or may not be hostile to your presence, but who certainly do NOT share in your puritanism, that going off the deep end is a real possibility.

From what I recall they tried to produce costumes, props and accents that were "correct". It was a lot creepier to me than most horror movies because it's all pretty much believable. Many of the plot events are very similar to events that were believed at that time, right down to the evil goats. It's ironic since I have met many goats in my life and found them to be quite likable creatures. They'd have to be afflicted by Satan to become evil.