Man of Steel 2

Tools    

Nothing is known about the plot as of yet, but Henry Cavill's second standalone Superman movie is planned to be directed by George Miller (Mad Max franchise, Mad Max: Fury Road).

Director Jon Schnepp was promoting his documentary The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? when he let it slip. He's had inside access to Warner Bros. and DC Comics in putting together his own movie about the failed Tim Burton and Nicolas Cage superhero adventure. Warner Bros. is reportedly so happy with the success of Mad Max: Fury Road, that they have decided to reward George Miller with the job of directing Man of Steel 2.

Zack Snyder was set to direct Man of Steel 2 for release in 2015, but those plans changed as the sequel morphed into Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which hits theaters spring 2016. Zack Snyder will then direct Justice League Part 1 and Justice League Part 2.

Jon Schnepp was pretty confident in his claims that George Miller is directing the Superman sequel Man of Steel 2. This shouldn't be viewed as an official confirmation though, and the studios have yet to weigh in.

Jon Schnepp makes his comments around the 55:30 mark:

Source: Movieweb

I wonder where they'd head towards story wise for this after Cavill finishes Justice League. Most likely this will be just a solo feature, but it would be nice to have a joint with the previous DCCU films.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This should be good if it pans out. Miller already put lord knows how much time and effort into his JL movie.

I've gotta let this one breathe a bit though. I don't see a guy like Miller taking orders from Zach Snyder. Everything about Miller has always been about practical effects, don't know how that meshes with the DCCU. Rooting for it though.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So we are getting 2 sequels to one of the worst comic book movies of all time.

fury road was the most well-directed blockbuster of the 21st century, so please make this happen.
^^This. I'm not a fan of the Mad Max franchise, but I can admit that George Miller is a much better director.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
So we are getting 2 sequels to one of the worst comic book movies of all time.
Batman and Robin is getting a sequel?

It's reported Man of Steel 2 is on "permanent hold". Or maybe not. Even though Miller has been rumored to direct, it could be that Man of Steel 2 is just not a priority for WB/DC right now. With the 2016 releases Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad. The same time that Wonder Woman and Justice League Part One will enter production. Man of Steel 2 isn’t expected to reach theaters any earlier than 2018, so it may simply be on the back-burner right now. Tides may eventually turn.

Batman and Robin is getting a sequel?
Superman IV is getting a sequel!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He really has been a terrible Superman, not helped by terrible movies.

DCEU without Batman or Superman? Won't work.

Failing that, can it work with different actors in the two most important DC roles? Also won't work.

Goodbye DCEU.

Ugh, the turnover. This whole "universe" was so rushed.

Headline on all these should be some variant of "BREAKING NEWS: House Built Without Foundation Keeps Falling Down."

This might just do nobody any good.
Isn’t Flashpoint still in development?

What we’re looking at is WB trying to quietly reboot this thing while pulling an X-Men and keeping certain elements so it doesn’t look like a complete tear down (i.e. Wonder Woman.)

As THR mentions, there’s a Supergirl movie in development that would be set in the past and that would function as a lead-in for the next Superman. I don’t know how exactly they’ll explain Batman but that movie is supposed to be set in the past as well.

Aquaman will be buried (it already feels that way, no?), Shazam would likely be the first movie truly set in the new timeline and Birds of Prey will likely feature an revamped version of Harley Quinn to better suit the new tone (bye, Leto.)

How the 80’s set, Scorsese inspired, Thomas Wayne is Donald Trump, Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix from the director of The Hangover will fit into all of this... I don’t know.

What they need is a full on reboot... new actors in all roles...

And just go full on into it with a Justice League movie, with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Flash... with Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Green Lantern appearing in the 3rd act.

No intro, no origin stories... just full on live-action Justice League from the very outset... then, work on some solo movies for the characters established in the JL movie, with cameo appearances from any characters not yet seen like Robin/Nightwing, Batgirl and Supergirl.

There's only one way to fix this situation and its not by Flash Point. Making Wonder Women set in the year 1984 is a good way to maybe introduce in the ending credits in 1984 a New Bruce Wayne or least a younger one and Clark Kent. Then DC do planned trilogy movies around Batman and Superman with Wonder Woman 3 setting up a new Justice League. No matter what Aquaman does. I recommend after Wonder Women 2 That Batman and Superman and Even The Flash have there own sagas least 2 movies in and new Batman Character and Superman Character we like are by then established. Maybe even at the end of Wonder Women 3 Diana passes the torch to a New Wonder Woman which happens in the comics so all in New Justice League are new but established.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This is sad, but hilarious at the same time.

Suspect's Reviews

What they need is a full on reboot... new actors in all roles...

And just go full on into it with a Justice League movie, with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Flash... with Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Green Lantern appearing in the 3rd act.

No intro, no origin stories... just full on live-action Justice League from the very outset... then, work on some solo movies for the characters established in the JL movie, with cameo appearances from any characters not yet seen like Robin/Nightwing, Batgirl and Supergirl.
It won't happen though, because they have too much stock in Gadot as Wonder Woman.