The darkest movie you've seen?

Tools    

Well my good man, I understand how many people say that is an emotionally strikes them. However in my young life I have had much experience with drugs and have been 2 short-term stay rehab centers and 1 long term rehab center. When i watch that movie I was actually quite disappointed.. I understand that many people may have similar experiences to some of the characters and however during my struggle with substance comparing it to the movie I disliked it because it seemed mroe liek hollywood junk to me. From my experience it completely ruined 4 years of my life but in a different way and I believe that most people who struggle with drugs have more of an experience like mine unlike the extreme events each character in RFAD had (and your probably thinking that I'm another person on the internet whos full of **** haha but when you think of the dark issues that drug users have try to imagine different aspects other then what the characters in the movie have and with enough thought you may understand how I would dislike the movie.)

The Living and the Dead

Pri-tay, pri-tay dark.

American Psycho
Taxi Driver
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Donnie Darko
Silence of the Lambs
No Country for Old Men

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Angel of Death taking out several people but occasionally letting somebody off for impossible-to-grasp reasons, with the promise of more in the future, sounds dark to me, Friendo.

Man... Requiem for a Dream? Erasehead? There Will Be Blood (dark in different way)?

Yes, there are some films that will get you down anytime, despite of the beauty:

1. The trial (1963)
2. Dark city (1998)
3. Sweet smell of success (1957)
4. Vertigo (1958)
5. The passenger (1975)

There's way too much humor in Eraserhead to consider it dark. That dinner scene alone...

Finished here. It's been fun.
Irreversible-bleak,nihilistic despair. Knowing that there's no changing the outcome of your life is frightening.

Requiem for a Dream-Incredible movie. Extremely dark,unnerving and with nightmarish' visuals.

Biutiful-This was such a difficult film to watch. Full of despair and darkness.

Broken Flowers-Heavily underrated film with a very understated performance by Bill Murray. This is not the type of dark like the other films listed, but it's not a very jolly movie. I found it effective and real.

A Serbian Film-Had to put this here. Nasty,disgusting,dark,cynical insanity. I do not like this film at all. It's insanely dark though.

Hum, let's think....

Hum.......................

Hum.......................

PMMM the film version.

2nd place: Stalker
3rd place: 2001

Darkest traditional horror film, though? Hum.............

Hum.....................

Ingmar Bergman's Persona.

You mean horror, real horror?

Well, those movies are usually cr*p.

Finished here. It's been fun.
^Yeah I found Eraserhead more uncomfortable than dark. The film left me cold as well.

2001 is that dark? I didn't realize that; I've had it for years, going to make watching it a priority.
Well, not exactly dark in a more obvious way though it has some evil characters in it it's the fear of the unknown that makes it dark.