Your bucket list

Tools    

Don't think there's a thread on this yet, so here goes:

1. See the derby between Arsenal and Tottenham at the Emirates (and have a sit down with Wenger to tell him to stop spending tens of millions each season on youngsters that 'could' be the next big thing, but never quite are).
2. Dine at Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain).
3. Do a 2 week road trip through the US with a couple of mates.
4. Host a party with Laurent Garnier DJ'ing.
5. Do a safari in Tanzania.
6. Go racing on a track in some car (preferably the one with AMG on the back) that makes lots of noise and goes faster than I dare push it.
7. See The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on a big screen.
8. Climb Alpe d'Huez on a bike.
9. Visit the Maldives and the Seychelles.

More to come, perhaps.

As a Liverpool fan I'm quiet embarrassed to say I've never been to Anfield, which is part of the reason I have now been a Cardiff supporter for about eight years through choice, so going to Anfield would be on it, and on a bigger scale seeing a match such as Liverpool v Man United, and on an even bigger scale, not something so much that I can actually do, but I'd love to watch Liverpool lift a Premier League title in my lifetime, Istanbul is one of the greatest emotional experiences for me of my life, honestly.

Having a part in actually creating a film would be another, really big ambition. It's unlikely, mainly because my uni choice is nothing to do with film and I have done no education relating to it so far, but actually turning a hobbie into something like this would be brilliant, whether it be writing, directing or something else, even criticism, I'm 18 and wonder in fifty years time what the film world will be like, how many great films there are yet to be created, films have become a huge part of my life for the past two years, and I hope they are for the rest of my life.

When I'm older I definitely want to travel to the USA, it's a country that fascinates me, and I'd love to travel around all the states and experience what all these different places have to offer, something Man v Food style would be great But travelling in general is something that really interests me, not just the USA but the world in general is something I hope I get to explore in my life.

I don't have many 'specifics' yet like your list, but like you there's certain films I would love to see on the big screen, anything from like the top 20 of my list really, but especially Pulp Fiction which must have been great at the time of release, however becoming a person who regularly attends cinema and watches the latest releases may actually be a point to put on my list as well and kind of fits in to being part of the 21st century of cinema.

mainly, i'd like to live a week like any other in full communism. or i'd like to write a novel about that week.

i'd also like to learn french one day or japanese. i guess i'd like to do those sooner than later so i might enjoy them. doubt it though...

mainly, i'd like to live a week like any other in full communism.
In Isreal there are Kibutz villages, which are pretty damn close to full communism. I plan to live in one for a few weeks myself.

1. Eat at Jiros
2. Have a kid and name him something that doesn't match his race.
3. Attend a whole season of Bengals games (home and away)
4. Sell a screenplay [&/or] publish a novel.
5. Direct and put out a short film this summer.
6. Go on a rant in a hippy town, preferably Boulder. Also this summer.
7. Give a homeless man a ton of money and track what he does with it.
7a. Make enough money to spare a ton to a homeless man.
8. Visit Russia & Belarus (my mother land)
9. Live in a Kibutz for a couple weeks (see my last post)

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
1. See a live Jets game (just one, I'm not greedy)
2. Harvest a 10 pt buck
3. See TNA live
4. Go to Vegas and watch a UFC fight
5. Go to Ireland and Scotland (The land of my people)
6. Make enough money to pay my entire family out of debt
7. Learn Japanese
8. Learn Russian
9. Learn a trade
10. Lose 95 lbs.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
1. Write a novel and have it published.
2. Travel through Africa on a photographic safari (I did a photographic tour through Europe some years back and it holds some of my happiest memories).
3. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa
4. Take a train trip on The Orient Express and the Trans-Siberian Express.
5. Sell a movie script and see it produced/released in theatres.
6. Understand accurately the three-body problem (n ≥ 3)
7. Walk the Great Wall of China.
8. Finally master Latin (I only had unit 5 of the Cambridge Latin course to complete, but I bailed... so to speak).
9. Visit the Antarctic (also have the entire population of Earth pronounce 'Antarctic' correctly; it's a pet peeve of mine).
10. Spend a summer in Alaska.
11. Spend 12 months volunteering amongst people who are living in poverty in Africa, India, or South America.
12. Sky dive. (preferably having the chute open before landing)
13. Learn a fifth language.
14. Visit Machu Picchu.
15. Know who really shot J.F.K. (I'm not a conspiracy theorists, however, this topic comes up all the time at social gatherings and I'd like it to be put to rest for once and all).
16. Go diving with sharks. (in a cage, of course)
17. Learn how to knit without the finished product looking as though it was crocheted.
18. Walk under the cherry blossoms in Japan.
19. Live to see my child grow up to be happy and productive.
20. Let go of all that I cannot and should not hold onto; and accept. Let go of my grudges, and my failures.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yoda, first you'd have to wish for someone to insult your wife. Not cool, dude.

Dash, what's wrong with something looking like it's crocheted? (I crochet. I don't knit. Just curious!)

My list is strange, and in no particular order:

* Take a train trip across the U.S. and back -- for no other reason than to get one of those little private cars, be alone for two-ish weeks while someone else feeds me and takes me across the U.S. and back... and write the whole time. I'd then turn the experience into a humor book (either of individual essays or one long story, depending on how it plays out).

* Lose the weight I should have lost ten years ago.

* Make enough money with my writing that I can unashamedly never get another "punchclock" job and still feel as if I am significantly contributing to the family budget.

* Become a grandmother (and my parents therefore become great-grandparents) while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. (I have very little control over this one, I've come to find out.)

* Accept a major award for my writing -- after having lost the weight mentioned above. Maybe I could even take that train trip across the country to L.A. to do this. Killing three bucket list items with one stone!

* Stay as content with my circumstances as I am now, no matter what befalls me in the future.

* Stay healthy enough to die of old age in my own bed, not having deteriorated too majorly along the way.

* Stay healthy enough to die of old age in my own bed, not having deteriorated too majorly along the way.
That ought to be on everyone's list. I'd like to go out through a heartattack or something else that short circuits you and be done with it. I lost my grandfather 2 years ago from an aortic rupture after he lived to a healthy old age with his marbles still intact and but a few physical problems. That seems like a good way to go. It's hard to get over still, but you could hardly wish for a better ending.

Punch a dude for insulting my wife.
Ha, this one time when I was out tearing up town, I was wearing this pink-striped shirt. As we get out of this club, I bump into some (probably drunk out of his mind) guy, who says: 'don't bump into me, you blind f@ggot'. To which one of my mates replies with this deadpan expression: hey hey, be kind to my boyfriend or I'll make you buy him a strawberry diaquiri.

Much lolz were had.

I have been lucky enough to cross some off my list already, but some i have yet to do are:
visit Bruce Lee's grave, Herculaneum ,Nova scotia,Alaska,San Francisco, Japan,China & New Zealand.
Attend a shaolin monks show
Watch the TT races on the isle of man
Finally live out my life on the coast

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
1, See the Northern Lights

2, Swim with great white sharks (obviously I'd be in the cage)

I dont know if this counts as part of a Bucket List but:

3, Own a decent camper van and take it out every single free weekend or holiday the wife and kids have off work/school.

4, Road trip through America

...Im sure there are more but at the moment I cant think of any, I'll be back

I saw the Northern Lights... believe it or not, in my back garden when I lived in Scotland

No need to travel to some far off land to see them... I saw them for cheap...