Do you really like your job?

Tools    

I hate my job! I hate being in the office all day! I am going to quit but then.... I'm not sure what i'm going to do... take it as it comes i guess!

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I love my job. I'm a lighting tech for musical theatre and it's just grand. We all have days where we don't want to go to work, but when those days appear for me it's not because I dread the work (I've been there in the past and it's terrible), it's because I like sitting on the couch with my doona watching movies. Pay isn't great but I personally don't need a lot of money.

At the end of the day, even though I love my job, it's just a job. It's not my life. My life is my husband, my friend and family, going to the movies and having fun. I'm just lucky enough to also get to do something I like and get paid for it.

Oh and even though I'm now 32, I also want to own a used bookstore, run a pop culture store, be a tattoo artist, a painter, a photographer, live on a boat, work for cirque du soiel in Las Vegas, work for Penn & Teller in Las Vegas, work on broadway, work in a hip record store in new york, get paid to travel, become a youtube celebrity, be a comic book artist, make and test kids toys, write a novel, write a screen play.. etc etc

DREAM BIG!

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

International Woman of Mystery
My soul died long ago at my job, now I just muttle through and go through the motions. It's alot like marriage only I get paid to show up.

For myself, I do what I have do and sometimes it may be difficult, though I want to be a Draftsman and a personal trainer for people who have had stokes and brain injuries.

In hospital after the nurses let me off the lead (young children get a lead so they won't fall) straight away was trying to do crunches and push ups. I was on 8 medications at that time and when I went to hospital for pyshio, they said "you're pretty good what happen to you". So I trained myself, I had a few seizures doing it, though I never told anyone, as it would have affected my renewal of my licence.

I may get drunk on occasions, but that's because of circumstances. F'n family and my mates are in Sydney.

I can't do what I use to do, but I know good formation with weights and boxing. Hopefully next year that counts for something?

I will never be a full on chippy again, I know that! Maybe I can rework the brain for exercise as so many can't do it. Hopefully God will bless me with that, hopefully!

Im retired and loving every minute of it. Every day is Saturday for me.

There are those who call me...Tim.
New job. It's ok, pays better & has regular hours, but it's a customer service role where I don't always know what to do, & it's frustrating because the people calling us really do need our help.

Oh well, 3 more days then I'm off for 8 days over Christmas.

I currently do not have a job and am looking for a new one, but my last job, no I did not like at all. Still, better than being unemployed! GRRRRR!!!!!

Worst job I ever had was the best paid.
I worked for the Civil Service with the M.O.D at £25k a year, which ten years back was a decent wage... it was one of those jobs that you had to be in the clique.

Even though I was one of the managers, the other managers were in with the top brass and I wouldn't play Yes Sir No Sir with them.
I wanted to be professional and work my way through the job, and maybe through the ranks by being professional... but because I wouldn't play along with the clique they made it an extremely hard working environment.

I ended up quitting. You'd think that civvies in the military would be professional, but no. They're not.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
I do. I didn't realise how much until today. I have only been in this current employment for a matter of weeks, however, I find myself completely enamoured with what I am doing (newspaper dogsbody). Aside from part-time jobs held during my high school days (photographer's assistant, modelling, commercial/ad and TV extra roles) this is only my second job in my working life. Previous to this (upon graduating high school at 18) I went into the Defence Force (Navy) first to ADFA: Australian Defence Force Academy then as an officer until I was discharged on compassionate grounds a few months ago aged 33 after a little over 15 years service.

I have been extremely fortunate in my working life. Hopefully that shall last. I like my boss, my co-workers, the tasks I am assigned--though I have no idea what I'm doing half the time; my motto: Wing it!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Right now I get paid to play videogames.

I really hate it.
Say wut! Tell us more.

What kind of games, and for whom?

Do you play videogames in your free time too or has doing it as your job put you off? Are you expected to play games at home for your job aswell?

What sort of pay/hours etc?

Most people would love that kind of job.

I get paid based on advertising revenue. The company I work with has been screwing me over for the past year though, but it's still a lot more than I was making with my minimum wage job before.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I don't have a job. I am in the process of researching CDL classes to become a truck driver. I think I would like it. I don't mind being by myself and I like to drive. We shall see.

In the Beginning...
Oh and even though I'm now 32, I also want to own a used bookstore, run a pop culture store, be a tattoo artist, a painter, a photographer, live on a boat, work for cirque du soiel in Las Vegas, work for Penn & Teller in Las Vegas, work on broadway, work in a hip record store in new york, get paid to travel, become a youtube celebrity, be a comic book artist, make and test kids toys, write a novel, write a screen play.. etc etc
I like the way you dream.

Your friendly neighborhood film critic
My story goes like this:

Finished Law School in 2007, lawyer from July 2007 to October 2010, then legal consultant from May 2011 to the present day. I hate this job, it's easy, no complaints there, but it has no future, no way to go up in the firm I'm in. Really thinking about quitting and opening up a firm with my future wife, sometime in September. Seeing she has economical studies (Finances/Banks section of the Economics Academy), we could do something of a financial/legal consulting firm. It may not be much, or it may not be safe, but at least it will be ours. And I'd rather fight for myself and my new family, than for basically nothing, under the command of others.

Any thoughts on my situation? I'm kinda unhappy, and as you all know Europe is not the safest place to be right now. Especially Romania, where the working people are worked too hard and the pay is not that good.

My story goes like this:

Finished Law School in 2007, lawyer from July 2007 to October 2010, then legal consultant from May 2011 to the present day. I hate this job, it's easy, no complaints there, but it has no future, no way to go up in the firm I'm in. Really thinking about quitting and opening up a firm with my future wife, sometime in September. Seeing she has economical studies (Finances/Banks section of the Economics Academy), we could do something of a financial/legal consulting firm. It may not be much, or it may not be safe, but at least it will be ours. And I'd rather fight for myself and my new family, than for basically nothing, under the command of others.

Any thoughts on my situation? I'm kinda unhappy, and as you all know Europe is not the safest place to be right now. Especially Romania, where the working people are worked too hard and the pay is not that good.
It sounds like you dont need any one elses opinion. You know what you want to do, and you know the direction you want to go. You live once, do what you need to do to be happy, take risks and live your life is my advise. If you have the means and knowledge then do it, you should regret things for trying to do them, dont sit on it and in 20years time think " aww man I wish Id done it right there and then in that moment."

I love the job I do. I loved learning it, and its a job where I will always have questions and keep learning, if I ever wanted to in future I can work my way up and earn a little more money than what im on and boss other people about.

However, the industry has changed and it is no longer about getting whats best for a customer and helping them and their needs. Its all about the company making money and being competitive which I dislike to great amounts. All the targets we have to hit now are stupid, they now try and sell people things they dont need just to bump up how much they pay in order to hit these targets and its wrong.

But overall im happy there