The winter olympics - Torino 2006

Tools    

are you at all interested? if so what sports are you going to watch?
for croatia, all eyes are on Janica Kostelic, she's a contender for gold in all of the alpine skiing disciplines....we'll see if Pärson can deny her of becoming the most succesful athlete in the history of alpine skiing....

I am having a nervous breakdance
He he... Let's hope she does.

Will Kostelic be the most successful athlete in the history of alpine skiing? Or do you mean in the Olympics?

I will watch a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I will of course watch the hockey tournament. I hope Forsberg will heal up in time for it.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
He he... Let's hope she does.

Will Kostelic be the most successful athlete in the history of alpine skiing? Or do you mean in the Olympics?

I will watch a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I will of course watch the hockey tournament. I hope Forsberg will heal up in time for it.
i think it's just alpine skiing.....but she does have a bucketload of medals....i believe it's 3 golden and one silver....but last time she didn't compete in the downhill, this year she has one victory in all the disciplines, i think only petra kromberger has achieved that....hehe....i think's the rivalrly between Anja and Janica is very interesting, and even tho i'm sure Anja is a great person, i'm really not happy when she wins races.......crazy i know..... ( and she's in great form this year....unfortunately....)what's the attitude of sweds towards Janica?

oh, and her brother may win something too, although he's not very good this year....

and i knew you were going to reply, i think only sweds, austrians and croatians follow alpine skiing....noone else knows it exists.....

The attitude towards Janica here is quite positive. We love the competition between her and Anja and so does Anja. I believe they are pretty good friends outside the alp. I don't see any reason for not liking Janica. She's a good sport.

I guess you were talking about the most successful female alpine athlete, and that she might be. But overall I guess Stenmark, Tomba, Herman Mayer, that norwegian guy (Aamodt? Kjuus?), are more merited.

Btw, wanna bet against Tomba lighting the fire later tonight?

I'm a romantic at heart
I am interested especially in the Skating. I go to school with Kimmie Meissner so I am hoping she does really well.

May The Forks be With Us
I was watching women luge races today. I didn't know they had that in any sporting events. Some of that stuff was crazy. I'm kind of upset about the American lady though, that really sucked. For those of you who don't know, she completly lost control and had a few minor concussions and a laceration under her chin. The other lady did good too. I thought she was going to atleast get bronze.

I can't find out what the general opinion of Bode Miller is. I mean I really like him, I think he's got some great ideas about stuff but I really don't know if people like him or hate him or what. Could someone please enlighten me on this subject?

I can't really figure out what the general opinion of Bode is.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Wow!! Sweden just won two gold medals in about half an hour! First the ladies won the cross-country skiing sprint event and then right after the gents did it too!

Afters the golden 1980's Sweden has had a couple of miserable olympics games and we haven't had a gold medal shipped home since Lillehammer 1994. We haven't had a gold medal on the ladies' side since 1968! Let's hope that this will set a new trend for us.

Man, it was really exciting too....

No, many of the Olympics since the 80's (Lillehammer perhaps excluded) have been considered failures. We used to be on par with Norway but they've moved forward and we've moved backward. Norway's status as a winter sport nation is insane... They haven't even got 5 million people living there, for crying out loud!

ok, Bode has just over 2 seconds advantage before the slalom infront of Raich and Kostelic....i wonder if he's actually going to win this one, he tends to drop out of slalom races a lot.....

A system of cells interlinked
I caught a few of the skating matches last night, watched the guy who won the gold (even he seemed surprised by his run when he was done).

Pretty exciting races, but a lot of bad starts for many of those guys...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by tearjerker
I am interested especially in the Skating. I go to school with Kimmie Meissner so I am hoping she does really well.
Originally Posted by susan
i've always loved the figure skating...now i have to get used to the new way of scoring

Same here. I love to watch the figure skating and the up-close and personal segments on the athletes competing. The stories behind the top three pairs were pretty inspiring.

I feel really bad for Michele Kwan dropping out. She such a class act and a great role model for the younger girls.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Same here. I love to watch the figure skating and the up-close and personal segments on the athletes competing. The stories behind the top three pairs were pretty inspiring.

I feel really bad for Michele Kwan dropping out. She such a class act and a great role model for the younger girls.

yes i do too, but now i'm really excited that emily hughes will be replacing her...hometown girl from great neck, long island...

looking forward to see how she'll do

last night it was wonderful to see the chinese couple finish second after falling so hard on her knee...

and even more inspiring were the russian pair who won gold...what an amazing pair...

I just heard that Janica Kostelic is not well enough for starting in the Alpine Combination today. Sorry to hear that......

oh really?...... man....she would have won it for sure.....
EDIT: wait, it's not the combination, it's the regular downhill....still, she had a chance....

Dorfmesiter won gold, bless her, she was crying...the olympics do such funny things to people, it's only one race in 4 years, but it means the world to them, just like Ivica, he's been waiting for that olympic medal since he was a kid....and now the dream has come true....
Bronze for Paerson, not bad, i wonder how Janica would have done....hope she kills in the other events....