Old Couple Reunited After Waiting Since Youth, WW2

Tools    

There's a movie I've been searching for. Its been so so many years, so many searches, and nothing. I remember it so well. NOTHING has helped. I think I'm about to give up if this doesn't work, which is killing me. I'm so thankful for any help yall can provide, and if its unfindable, I still appreciate any help.

It is a world war 2 movie from the perspective of the Soviet side of the war. It is told through flashbacks. A couple are moving to help build a school somewhere or something, I'm not sure where. One of their grandparents, though, is an old woman that waits at the train station for her husband every day. However, he's not coming. Flashback to WWII, a young man and woman get married in a rural community (somewhere on the way to Stalingrad, I think) but the husband gets drafted and sent to the front lines. Later, the wife, who is pregnant, is captured by the nazis sometime near the fall of Stalingrad. The husband deserts the front lines (getting caught by the nazis, too). They remeet on a train on the way to a concentration camp. They try to jump together, but the wife is grabbed by her hair by a nazi. The husband runs and has to leave her, I think getting chased. This is the last time the young couple sees each other. She gives birth and hides the baby while she is in the camp, luckily never getting caught with him. Eventually, thanks to a nice Nazi not reporting her when he noticed, she is able to escape (she kinda just walks away, no cap in the middle of a city). In the future, she waits at a train station one day hoping to see her long lost husband each and every day. They both have waited for each other all this time. Turns out, the husband is working for a guy that's kid married the husband's kid or something, and when the guy convinces the husband to watch is grandkid's play, the husband notices the grandaughter holding the hudband's old pocket watch. In the end, they reunite at that same trainstation she waits at every day, but the wife dies in his arms from a heart condition in her old age. They literally waited their whole lives for each other, always remaining faithful. It is told through flashbacks. The movie, if I remember, had pretty good quality, but that may be my rose tinted glasses. It seemed post 80s, I think. Probably same kind of vibe of story telling like The Green Mile. But, ya know, foreign film. I don't remember the language. This was before I knew anything about languages. I remember being wowed by the new perspective, having never seen a war movie from the soviet side (although, the movie may not be from a soviet splinter nation). This movie was recommended to me by someone from Turkey (and I think the opening seen was in Istanbul). She said the movie was banned, but after looking at the banned list 100 times, its not on there. This last bit of info is very iffy, but it might have had the husband looking out over the sea while he longed for his wife, and that sea could have been the black sea or the gulf of azov or whatever. I don't know though.

In summary, man and wife go to build school, old mother sits at train station, story about when she was young and married, couple divided by the war, they wait for each other into old age, flash backs of the war, reunite luckily and then she dies. Foreign movie, something to do with istanbul, ukraine, and the black sea.

This is all the info I can remember I think. I loved the movie so much. It was absolutely amazing. I thought it was a flawless romantic tragedy. I've wanted to watch it again so bad but I've got the feeling its just impossible at this point. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.

There's a movie I've been searching for. Its been so so many years, so many searches, and nothing. I remember it so well. NOTHING has helped. I think I'm about to give up if this doesn't work, which is killing me. I'm so thankful for any help yall can provide, and if its unfindable, I still appreciate any help.

It is a world war 2 movie from the perspective of the Soviet side of the war. It is told through flashbacks. A couple are moving to help build a school somewhere or something, I'm not sure where. One of their grandparents, though, is an old woman that waits at the train station for her husband every day. However, he's not coming. Flashback to WWII, a young man and woman get married in a rural community (somewhere on the way to Stalingrad, I think) but the husband gets drafted and sent to the front lines. Later, the wife, who is pregnant, is captured by the nazis sometime near the fall of Stalingrad. The husband deserts the front lines (getting caught by the nazis, too). They remeet on a train on the way to a concentration camp. They try to jump together, but the wife is grabbed by her hair by a nazi. The husband runs and has to leave her, I think getting chased. This is the last time the young couple sees each other. She gives birth and hides the baby while she is in the camp, luckily never getting caught with him. Eventually, thanks to a nice Nazi not reporting her when he noticed, she is able to escape (she kinda just walks away, no cap in the middle of a city). In the future, she waits at a train station one day hoping to see her long lost husband each and every day. They both have waited for each other all this time. Turns out, the husband is working for a guy that's kid married the husband's kid or something, and when the guy convinces the husband to watch is grandkid's play, the husband notices the grandaughter holding the hudband's old pocket watch. In the end, they reunite at that same trainstation she waits at every day, but the wife dies in his arms from a heart condition in her old age. They literally waited their whole lives for each other, always remaining faithful. It is told through flashbacks. The movie, if I remember, had pretty good quality, but that may be my rose tinted glasses. It seemed post 80s, I think. Probably same kind of vibe of story telling like The Green Mile. But, ya know, foreign film. I don't remember the language. This was before I knew anything about languages. I remember being wowed by the new perspective, having never seen a war movie from the soviet side (although, the movie may not be from a soviet splinter nation). This movie was recommended to me by someone from Turkey (and I think the opening seen was in Istanbul). She said the movie was banned, but after looking at the banned list 100 times, its not on there. This last bit of info is very iffy, but it might have had the husband looking out over the sea while he longed for his wife, and that sea could have been the black sea or the gulf of azov or whatever. I don't know though.

In summary, man and wife go to build school, old mother sits at train station, story about when she was young and married, couple divided by the war, they wait for each other into old age, flash backs of the war, reunite luckily and then she dies. Foreign movie, something to do with istanbul, ukraine, and the black sea.

This is all the info I can remember I think. I loved the movie so much. It was absolutely amazing. I thought it was a flawless romantic tragedy. I've wanted to watch it again so bad but I've got the feeling its just impossible at this point. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.
Any idea what language this might be in?

It is a long shot, but maybe "A zori zdes tikhie" (2015) ? How old is your movie?

Russia, May 1942. Well behind friendly lines a veteran sergeant commands a small anti-aircraft unit. His troops are inexperienced women. They will soon be tested in battle as the Germans parachute a crack squad of saboteurs into the area.

The OP was pretty clear this was set in the Soviet Union. So I am guessing the movie was in Russian, or maybe some other language of the Soviet Union.

And maybe "Dolgaya doroga v dyunakh" (1982) ?
The love story of the fisherman's son Arturs and landlord's daughter Marta, dating back to the 1930s, through World War II and until the post-war years. The long and cruel life path for both of them until they meet again in the motherland.

And maybe Pomni imya svoye (1974) ?
This story, told in flashback of a Russian woman sent to Auschwitz during WWII, and later separated from her son, is one of the first Soviet films to acknowledge the Nazi concentration camps.

Letyat zhuravli (1957) has similar plot.