Words that describe Mel Gibson....you can only pick one!

Tools    

I really don't keep up with celebrities too much.. but Gibson isn't the first actor to apparently either lose it or be a better actor than any of us knew about by hiding the real him for a while... either way, I think it's a sad waste of not only talent but he was once very well thought of and as such, in a position to help others less fortunate... I feel sorry for his children...

Has anyone verified that the tapes are authentic?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

~Loves a good classic movie~
After listening to the tape and hearing his remark trying to justify
hitting his girlfriend while holding their baby and burning the house
down , I don't really care to watch anything he has had a hand in.
One of the reasons celebrities keep acting as though they can get
away with anything is because they usually do. The justice system
treats them gently and their fans stand behind them. I can't control
the courts they go to and I can't tell anyone else that they can't keep
backing someone who takes advantage of their power. But I can
control who I spend my money to see. And if I don't want my money
going to an abuser, a racist, and a bigot, that's my decision. As I said,
I have zero tolerance when it comes to abuse.

I can overlook a lot of things when it comes to celebrities.
Getting caught cheating or having a drug problem wouldn't
turn me against them. But I can't overlook crimes against
someone who is unable to fight back.
Bullies turn me off.

Semper Fooey
I really don't keep up with celebrities too much.. but Gibson isn't the first actor to apparently either lose it or be a better actor than any of us knew about by hiding the real him for a while... either way, I think it's a sad waste of not only talent but he was once very well thought of and as such, in a position to help others less fortunate... I feel sorry for his children...

Has anyone verified that the tapes are authentic?
They are the real thing, but there is an allegation they have been doctored or edited by Gibson's lawyers. She wants them admitted as evidence in their child custody battle and he doesn't want them to be.

A system of cells interlinked
They are the real thing, but there is an allegation they have been doctored or edited by Gibson's lawyers. She wants them admitted as evidence in their child custody battle and he doesn't want them to be.
His lawyers have audio experts backing them, stating they have indeed been doctored.

Semper Fooey
I listened to one and part of another. They sound far worse than when you just read the excerpts. She is very calm, but she knows the tape is on. That doesn't justify his disgusting language, but he was set-up.

Nothing warrants that sort of language and also if it comes to be that Mel bruised his babies chin while striking Oksana that could be the end for him.

A system of cells interlinked
I've never paid attention to actor's personal ****, so why should I start now? I just do not care what these people do in their personal lives, especially in their private space on private property. I am certainly not going to sit around listening to any tape of other people's private lives.

I've never paid attention to actor's personal ****, so why should I start now? I just do not care what these people do in their personal lives, especially in their private space on private property. I am certainly not going to sit around listening to any tape of other people's private lives.
The thing is is how can you miss it? It is all over the media.

I am, as you. I hardly care to bury myself in the personal lives of actors and actresses, but sometimes, just sometimes I find myself completely infatuated by their actions. It is maddening, really. Christan Bale was accused of hitting is mother, or was it his sister? Or was it all entirely verbal abuse? Now, Gibson is in the spotlight for being ignorant, once again.

The thing is the media puts these celebs on a pedestal making them believe they can do no wrong. These people are just like anyone else. They have there ups and downs and yes they should be left in private, but there is so much attention giving to them that it never can happen. If we all would start thinking like Sedai has said maybe this would change. The liklihood of that happening is zero.

The thing is the media puts these celebs on a pedestal making them believe they can do no wrong.
Whoa, let's don't get in a "kill the messenger" mode. An actor, singer, any talented performer starting out would sell his soul for public attention. They're in a constant me, me, me mode--look at me! Listen to me! Remember me! It's only after they become "big" stars that they suddenly develop a temperment and don't want the camera bugs following them around or the fans "hounding" them for autographs. It's only the big stars who "vant to be alone" and punch out photographers for looking at them the wrong way.

Reporters generally are unimpressed with the celebrities we cover. We're not the ones who give them a free pass to be jerks--there never has been a news reporter on a California jury that failed to convict a famous actor or sports figure.

I'm starting to think there was something in the air on the set of "Signs". First Joaquin Phoenix, now Mel.
Joaquin Phoenix has always been a bit off. At least he's always seemed that way to me. I'm sure Mel Gibson has always been, too, he just may have been better at hiding it.

Anyway, it's not like either of them are the first or the last celebs to do something stupid/crazy.

...he was set-up.
Horse feathers! No one made him use that language. His wife had a choice--she could sit there and take all of that verbal abuse over the phone and no one but the two of them would ever know, or she could tape it and turn it back on him--certainly have something to play back in court in custody hearing when Mel shows up in his best suit and best manners. Or sell it to a public outlet and share that side of his personality with all his fans and business partners. Besides, this wasn't his first rodeo--he'd already been outed for harsh and politically incorrect language before. If he didn't learn a lesson that last time in the barrel, then shame on him.

If someone gives you the opportunity to show your butt to the world, and you take it, that's not "set-up"--just poor thinking on his part.

A two-year-old what?
downhillslide.