Oppenheimer

Tools    

BKB
I'm a fan of both Chris Nolan and Tom Cruise. But Tom does seem to have a king-sized ego. But he still is in the right to be angry. What's wrong is that he resorted to demanding screens from Margot Robbie's film Now Barbie that won't play in the theater I go to now. Christopher Nolan is a genius. He made Imax more money than tom cruise with his dark knight trilogy Interstellar, Dunkirk, and Inception. Tom Cruise should be more respectful because he's looking bad in more ways than one.
I'm still maintaining that OPPENHEIMER doesn't need to be seen in IMAX unlike MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE that has a wide variety of stunts that would make sense seeing in IMAX.. I just can't believe they released this in the Summer instead of the Fall around award season??

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Tried to avoid watching any trailers for this, but the last few movies I've gone to see have all had one for it.

Made me realize I had 3 IMAX movies on my list for this year, they showed a trailer for Dune 2.

Anyone here familiar or have expertise with the differences in IMAX prints? PM me I have a quick question

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
Nolan.

No.

The guy can really make downright stupid movies at times.

All that sweet, sweet Cillian Murphy ____ I’m guessing .

I wonder if this will be one of those movies that I think is fantastic but also never want to see again.

I am become Meh, destroyer of hype...

A system of cells interlinked
I wonder if this will be one of those movies that I think is fantastic but also never want to see again.
The Oppenheimer-Joker process in action?

This has MoFo countdown written all over it.

On a side note I'm a reasonable driving distance from Indianapolis where the IMAX film print will be showing, hence my previous question about the advances of the format. I made a trip up there in 2014 for Interstellar and was kind of bummed out as it wasn't quite the night and day experience I was expecting (and I really enjoyed the movie). I was wondering if the digital aspects had caught up to the film experience as I am pretty surrounded by the digital theaters that offer IMAX.

On a side note I'm a reasonable driving distance from Indianapolis where the IMAX film print will be showing, hence my previous question about the advances of the format. I made a trip up there in 2014 for Interstellar and was kind of bummed out as it wasn't quite the night and day experience I was expecting (and I really enjoyed the movie). I was wondering if the digital aspects had caught up to the film experience as I am pretty surrounded by the digital theaters that offer IMAX.
When you asked earlier, I didn’t have any specifics on the format. Most places, short of Alamo Draft House, aren’t going to tell you which of the 30 different formats (jok3) available that you are watching.

My big takeaway from IMAX is the sound. It is always killer. Hence my greatest IMAX experience, surprisingly, is
John Wick and the Mustang airstrip scene. Pure rock n’ roll!

I think the gap between IMAX and “standard” has closed significantly in the past decade, due to everyone having digital projectors meow.

It’s like 3D. You have an initial response/reaction and then you acclimate to it and it seems like any other movie.

I still enjoy it and with the loss of cheap matinees, the difference in price isn’t an issue.

When you asked earlier, I didn’t have any specifics on the format. Most places, short of Alamo Draft House, aren’t going to tell you which of the 30 different formats (jok3) available that you are watching.

My big takeaway from IMAX is the sound. It is always killer. Hence my greatest IMAX experience, surprisingly, is
John Wick and the Mustang airstrip scene. Pure rock n’ roll!

I think the gap between IMAX and “standard” has closed significantly in the past decade, due to everyone having digital projectors meow.

It’s like 3D. You have an initial response/reaction and then you acclimate to it and it seems like any other movie.

I still enjoy it and with the loss of cheap matinees, the difference in price isn’t an issue.
I see, I remember watching Tenet in a standard format and the sound was almost enough to make you deaf in certain spots. The images were almost similar.

Who is going to see this in the theater and how many are going to an IMAX theater?
I am definitely going to see this in an IMAX theater even though I don't always like Nolan's movies.

IMAX, the way poppa Nolan intended me to.

IMAX, the way poppa Nolan intended me to.
Now I get it. The Indianapolis IMAX theater is a 70mm theater. Very lucky. It’s one of 17 in the country.

The closest to NC is 4 hours away in the cinephile hotbed of Buford Georgia.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Now I get it. The Indianapolis IMAX theater is a 70mm theater. Very lucky. It’s one of 17 in the country.

The closest to NC is 4 hours away in the cinephile hotbed of Buford Georgia.

Byew!!!!!

BKB
It's a movie about the creation of the atomic bomb, whether you see it in IMAX or not, it'll still be the same result in the end..