"The King of Anti-Woke"

Tools    

Given that you've actually watched the show, that gives you some store credit. I am not convinced, but perhaps you're right. I am just saying that you have not yet offered definitive proof here.
That would require a lot of typing (or copying & pasting).
So I'll just let my opinion stand as is.
(Although, I am curious if any longtime fans agree or disagree?)

I am not that much a fan of 90s sitcoms, but i got in the mood of watching more of Kevin James lately and so i ended up watching "THE KING OF QUEENS" now.

I am in middle of Season 6 and i already came to the conclusion:

"OH MY! THEY WOULDNīT DARE TO DO THIS TODAY!"

To make long things short, this sitcom has everything the woke- and cancel-culture would love to see banned and cancelled!

When i started to do some inquiries about THE KING OF QUEENS and what people think of it today, it took me exactly 3 seconds to come across some German article with the title "4 Points why THE KING OF QUEENS is not funny today!" and there it was.

They listed 4 major points, where they expressed their feelings towards the series while criticizing exactly those things in the series, what the woke- and cancel-culture hates so much as well.

Well I for my part, i think THE KING OF QUEENS is funny in every way, including all those aspects of the series which the woke and cancel-culture thinks ainīt funny after all....in fact i think those things are the funniest thing in the whole sitcom and i am actually cracking up every time Deacon is worried about his son being gay.

Yeah I find this is why most sitcoms today aren't as funny. And I find cancel culture so unnecessary, I mean if you're offended by a light-hearted show like King of Queens, you have a remote control next to you... Change the channel and problem solved 😄🤦 And don't ruin it for everyone else.

The truth is in here
I can guarantee you King Of Queens doesn't crack the top 100 of edgiest shows out there. Hell, it's not even up there for the 90's! Seinfeld featured jokes and topics which were pretty boundary-pushing to center episodes around at the time, and besides a few whiny complainers and articles it remains one of the most beloved TV shows ever made.

Edgy also often seems to be mistaken for being against any moral standards. All In The Family was edgy for daring to talk about subjects regarded as taboo, but it never justified Archie's attitude at any point, it merely explained it. And they didn't always go easy on Mike either, his sexist views are called into question on more than a few occasions. It's a show that was asking us to be better people, the approach was just different from many being made today.

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
Firstly, why would anyone want more Kevin James?
Why would anyone want more Marvel movies?
Why would anyone want more Star Sars movies?
Why would anyone want more Star Trek movies?
Why would anyone want more Keanu Reeves movies?
Why would anyone want more Christopher Nolan movies?
etc.

Secondly, King Of Queens isn't, and never was, funny.
Not funny how? You mean not funny as Joe-Pesci way funny or not funny like clown?

To be serious again, EVOLUTION took care that everyone is different so please, donīt expect the rest of the world to share the exact same opinion as yours.

OT: Mike & Molly is literally an encyclopedia of fat jokes.
That German article where they "bashed" TKOQ, also brought up how terribly "wrong" and "unfunny" the show is, by making fun of fat people in its own way.

Funny thing how parts of our society today claims to be so "good" ("woke") with being so "tolerant" and "large-minded" but on the same side is "cancelling" everyone for speaking out certain opinions.

And there their "tolerance" is gone! Seems like once again the word "tolerance" is used by "good" people only....so of course....they only tolerate other "good" people and once again we are having (a majority?) who is determining what is right and what is wrong.

This all reminds me of Germany 1938 somehow to some point. There was a majority of people who decided what is right and what is wrong. Happily i think the woke- and cancel-culture will not end up putting "Andersdenkende" into gas-chambers so soon, but the beginnings in Germany 1938 was also including the "cancellation" of Jews, before things went even worse.

Bad enough i think, that we have people these days, who are targeting to "cancel" other human beings. But who cares, it is the "good" guys who are cancelling the "bad" guys after all!

Why would anyone want more Marvel movies?
Why would anyone want more Star Sars movies?
Why would anyone want more Star Trek movies?
Why would anyone want more Keanu Reeves movies?
Why would anyone want more Christopher Nolan movies?
etc.
I don't know.

Not funny how? You mean not funny as Joe-Pesci way funny or not funny like clown?
Yes, not funny in a Joe Pesci way. It doesn't amuse me, therefore it's not funny.

To be serious again, EVOLUTION took care that everyone is different so please, donīt expect the rest of the world to share the exact same opinion as yours.
I don't, that's why I'm having my say. If they did I wouldn't need to say it because no one would've said differently. The problem here seems to be that you don't really understand that and/or you're taking this shit waaaay too seriously, which often ends up being the way with people who are 'against' something, whether that something is 'good' or 'bad'.

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
The problem here seems to be that you don't really understand
How do you know you arenīt the one not understanding?