Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Rain... I wanted to mow the grass today before it got longer and now it's going to rain all week. Don't want to cut wet grass. So will have to wait for dry weather now.

Use to get someone in to mow the lawn but they can no longer come and we have decided not to get someone else in.

So my job now.
Our week has fabulous weather so far after a month of cold & rain.

Husband doesn’t want to be keeper of the lawn any longer so he is finding someone to do it for him. I’ve never mown a law in my life & not about to start.

I don't mind mowing but it would be a lot easier and quicker with a cordless mower, currently got a hover lawn mower with an annoying cord that I have to keep moving out of the way so not to go over it...

Hoping to get a battery powered cordless one, with wheels!

A system of cells interlinked
I don't mind mowing but it would be a lot easier and quicker with a cordless mower, currently got a hover lawn mower with an annoying cord that I have to keep moving out of the way so not to go over it...

I use an old-school reel mower, but my lawn is pretty tiny in both front and back yard, so it's not too bad. I knock the mowing and the edging out in about 20 mins...

^ I found one of those under the house when we moved in. It's interesting to use but I'd probably be mowing for hours and hours. Plus the back is broken so doesn't stay on to collect the grass and I can't be arsed to rake all the grass up.

The guy husband got to do it uses a riding mower & he was done so quick. Looked up the price. Expensive - about 4 grand.

The guy husband got to do it uses a riding mower & he was done so quick. Looked up the price. Expensive - about 4 grand.
I have to mow the lawn today. It will be the first time I've mowed this spring. I have to mow about 1/2 acre of grass and with a regular push lawn mower Oh well, it's exercise and the real pain is raking all that

I have to mow the lawn today. It will be the first time I've mowed this spring. I have to mow about 1/2 acre of grass and with a regular push lawn mower Oh well, it's exercise and the real pain is raking all that
I think that’s what he had before. Anyways, he’s done with lawn mowing. Good for him, say I.

There’s a most annoying “customer service” woman at Whole Foods. Borderline churlish when one wants to drop off something going back to Amazon.

Worst is she’s awful when one wants to use self-check. She’s very negative & always says something can’t be done.

Walked there this morning (a long walk) to hook up my Prime membership with Whole Foods. She immediately says it won’t work without a smartphone, which I don’t have. I knew this can’t be true because Whole Foods website would tell us this. I had brought along my iPad, but she was having none of it. According to her it won’t work & that’s the end of it.

Unfortunately for her, as I had walked there I wasn’t leaving without a good outcome. Told her to find someone else to help me. A really nice helpful guy (Chris) got it all sorted. He went on the Whole Foods app & got my flip-top phone number registered. So now all I have to do each time is click on Find My Prime Membership & plug in my phone number. Chris told me I don’t need to bring my iPad again, but I think I will just to be sure the next visit.

Lesson learned: Whole Foods + Prime doesn’t need a smartphone to work.

Facebook annoys me. I had a backup account and they deactivated without warning and without saying why, claiming I broke their precious rules. At least tell me what rules I supposedly broke!

Facebook annoys me. I had a backup account and they deactivated without warning and without saying why, claiming I broke their precious rules. At least tell me what rules I supposedly broke!
Twitter is starting to annoy too. When one uses a “pejorative” word that they don’t like & one declines to change the word, they freeze one out for a period of time until they feel inclined to lift the ban. Wasn’t paying too much attention yesterday: I think they froze me out for about an hour? Maybe a bit longer?

There’s a most annoying “customer service” woman at Whole Foods. Borderline churlish when one wants to drop off something going back to Amazon.

Worst is she’s awful when one wants to use self-check. She’s very negative & always says something can’t be done.

Walked there this morning (a long walk) to hook up my Prime membership with Whole Foods. She immediately says it won’t work without a smartphone, which I don’t have. I knew this can’t be true because Whole Foods website would tell us this. I had brought along my iPad, but she was having none of it. According to her it won’t work & that’s the end of it.

Unfortunately for her, as I had walked there I wasn’t leaving without a good outcome. Told her to find someone else to help me. A really nice helpful guy (Chris) got it all sorted. He went on the Whole Foods app & got my flip-top phone number registered. So now all I have to do each time is click on Find My Prime Membership & plug in my phone number. Chris told me I don’t need to bring my iPad again, but I think I will just to be sure the next visit.

Lesson learned: Whole Foods + Prime doesn’t need a smartphone to work.

"That would be telling #6."
Did you ever see the Prisoner TV show?

I'm thinking this is a Cajun thing? Can anybody confirm?
I was showing this to my oldest brother the other day just out of nostalgia and he said... "What is she supposed to be, Creole?"

So, it sounds like you're on the right track. Maybe only Cheri Oteri can give the answer (probably based on people she knew or dealt with at some point).

I had the Chariots of Fire album.

I have that somewhere in the garage, but I never played it. Having said that, I've got a top 5 Vangelis albums list: Blade Runner, 1942, Oceanic, Albedo 0.39, Voices.