Where do I go Now that netflix does not rent DVD's anymore?

Tools    

Check your local library.

Mine has a decent selection of DVDS available, plus my library account gives me free access to Kanopy, where I can stream a few movies each month.
I'm glad someone else is Team Library. My library has Kanopy and also Hoopla.

I'm glad someone else is Team Library. My library has Kanopy and also Hoopla.
I think a lot of people would be surprised at the selection on both of those platforms. AD-FREE!
A large chunk of my monthly viewing happens on Kanopy

I think a lot of people would be surprised at the selection on both of those platforms. AD-FREE!
A large chunk of my monthly viewing happens on Kanopy
My only (small!) complaint is that I wish that a 20-minute TV episode didn't cost you a full "credit" on Hoopla.

But 20 free movies (ad free) a month is a pretty sweet deal. And if you supplement with things like Tubi and VuduFree, you could put together a pretty nice month of movies for $0.

My only (small!) complaint is that I wish that a 20-minute TV episode didn't cost you a full "credit" on Hoopla.

But 20 free movies (ad free) a month is a pretty sweet deal. And if you supplement with things like Tubi and VuduFree, you could put together a pretty nice month of movies for $0.
Right, or sometimes I want to scan a film just to get a feel for what it looks like, but if I decide it's not for me it still counts as a "borrow", even though I only watched 30 seconds.

Another (small!) complaint is that for some reason JustWatch isn't always synched with Kanopy. So there have been times when I didn't think a film was available to me only to find it sitting there on Kanopy weeks later.

Another (small!) complaint is that for some reason JustWatch isn't always synched with Kanopy. So there have been times when I didn't think a film was available to me only to find it sitting there on Kanopy weeks later.
I think there must be different iterations of Kanopy, because Just Watch says that, for example, Krisha is on Kanopy, but when I click the link Kanopy gives me a message that's basically like "This film isn't part of your subscription." So they have the film but it's not part of the plan I have through the library, I guess.

I think there must be different iterations of Kanopy, because Just Watch says that, for example, Krisha is on Kanopy, but when I click the link Kanopy gives me a message that's basically like "This film isn't part of your subscription." So they have the film but it's not part of the plan I have through the library, I guess.
Right, I've come across that also and assumed that had something to do with the JustWatch issue.

SwapADVD is another option. It lets you share DVDs by mail. You can buy the postage directly from the site and create wish lists, and when someone posts a movie on your list, you'll receive a notification to request it. My only gripe with it is that the selection isn't the greatest.