Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

Asking white liberals and then black people about white privilege. Someone please tell me the whites don't sound like morons. What kids are being taught is scary.

Does anybody here feel like 'white privilege' is more like white snobbery? It does to me...it almost feels like well to do white people being smug and condescending to minorities. I know it's not framed that way, but that's what it sounds like to me, high brow pandering.

The trick is not minding
Does anybody here feel like 'white privilege' is more like white snobbery? It does to me...it almost feels like well to do white people being smug and condescending to minorities. I know it's not framed that way, but that's what it sounds like to me, high brow pandering.
Not really. At least not how it was intended. I do think many use it in that way, but that shouldn’t detract from it’s original purpose. Which we’ve already gone Over enough times.
I don’t see how it’s condescending towards minorities, but rather used to against other white people for that same purpose, that is, it is used as a tool to sound morally superior.

I do think many use it in that way, but that shouldn’t detract from it’s original purpose. Which we’ve already gone Over enough times.
Poorly and unconvincingly I may add

The trick is not minding
Poorly and unconvincingly I may add
Or maybe it’s just that you already have your preconceived notion of it that no matter how well it has been explained, it’s just easier to dismiss it altogether then to accept it. 🤷
One of the issues when many have come across here is whenever we’ve answered it, you move the goal post further away from its original intent.
You may not agree with it, but I gather you’re more into dismissing it and disproving it then actually trying to understand it.

The trick is not minding
White privilege:

inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice.

Or maybe it’s just that you already have your preconceived notion of it that no matter how well it has been explained, it’s just easier to dismiss it altogether then to accept it. 🤷
One of the issues when many have come across here is whenever we’ve answered it, you move the goal post further away from its original intent.
You may not agree with it, but I gather you’re more into dismissing it and disproving it then actually trying to understand it.
Or maybe it's because most of my questions and counterpoints get ignored, like always. Speaking of pre-conceived notions, I heard about it, and thought it through with an open mind.

White privilege:

inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice.
You cannot say being white is all encompassing or the determining factor and we have equal rights. Racial injustice is very debatable since people invoke race in incidents like George Floyd when there's zero evidence that race was a factor.

The trick is not minding
Or maybe it's because most of my questions and counterpoints get ignored, like always. Speaking of pre-conceived notions, I heard about it, and thought it through with an open mind.
Kind of like how many of our own were ignored and danced around. It went both ways, I fear.
You’ve been supplied with an answer.
My guess, you won’t agree with it. Which is fine. But don’t say it wasn’t answered effectively or poorly. Just because you don’t agree with it, doesn’t mean it isn’t wasn’t answered.

@cricket
The only time I gave you an answer (a video link) you dismissed it and said “you didn’t feel like watching it”... what?

The trick is not minding
You cannot say being white is all encompassing or the determining factor and we have equal rights. Racial injustice is very debatable since people invoke race in incidents like George Floyd when there's zero evidence that race was a factor.
I purposely don’t mention Floyd for this Reason, actually.
This comes down to you still not understanding the term. It’s been explained multiple times. You just don’t accept its definition, as explained and would rather attack the message rather then it’s intent.
I’ve accomplished the goal of explaining it. There’s nothing left to do here.

White privilege:

Black advantage:

The inherent advantage possessed by a black person on the basis of their race in a society that allows them to blame racism for anything negative that happens to them (including their own actions and direct consequences of those actions). In other words freedom from responsibility, which to me is a rather big privilege (and also an actual privilege instead of something everyone should have).

The trick is not minding
Black advantage:

The inherent advantage possessed by a black person on the basis of their race in a society that allows them to blame racism for anything negative that happens to them (including their own actions and direct consequences of those actions). In other words freedom from responsibility, which to me is a rather big privilege (and also an actual privilege instead of something everyone should have).
Which, while an actual thing I’d agree with, doesn’t necessarily dispute nor erases white privilege.

@cricket
The only time I gave you an answer (a video link) you dismissed it and said “you didn’t feel like watching it”... what?
Well I wanted to know your explanation. Besides that video is garbage. As Yoda said, it has been torn apart.

Kind of like how many of our own were ignored and danced around. It went both ways, I fear.
You’ve been supplied with an answer.
My guess, you won’t agree with it. Which is fine. But don’t say it wasn’t answered effectively or poorly. Just because you don’t agree with it, doesn’t mean it isn’t wasn’t answered.
Come on that's not an answer. That's a hollow definition with no explanation.

The trick is not minding
Come on that's not an answer. That's a hollow definition with no explanation.
Hollow only in your mind. That is a definition supplied by Oxford Languages itself. As I said before, you’re not interested in a definition. You already have your mind made up.

Hollow only in your mind. That is a definition supplied by Oxford Languages itself. As I said before, you’re not interested in a definition. You already have your mind made up.
Then I question the definition over and over again but get nothing back besides "it's been explained".

Maybe you have your mind made up?

The trick is not minding
You guys need to tell me why you only compare black to white and leave everyone else out of it.
No one is stated it doesn’t apply to others. This is a straw man argument.